Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can I sell my season ticket?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son and I are no longer able to attend home games. Is there a legitimate way we can sell our season tickets (side by side, near the back of the Stan Cullis, behind the goal but slightly towards the Waterloo Road stand)? Thanks.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son and I are no longer able to attend home games. Is there a legitimate way we can sell our season tickets (side by side, near the back of the Stan Cullis, behind the goal but slightly towards the Waterloo Road stand)? Thanks.
Got a feeling you can transfer them to someone else but I might be wrong. Possibly worth giving fan services a call they’re pretty helpful

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will post Wolves Fan Services reply, for information (must say they replied very quickly - well done):-

Unfortunately, our season tickets are non refundable, any requests are only considered in exceptional circumstances at the club's discretion.

We can suggest to put his ticket up for resale for the fixtures you can't attend do.
If your seat does sell you could either have this has Wolves cash or Bacs transfer if his seat sells for future games.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will post Wolves Fan Services reply, for information (must say they replied very quickly - well done):-

Unfortunately, our season tickets are non refundable, any requests are only considered in exceptional circumstances at the club's discretion.

We can suggest to put his ticket up for resale for the fixtures you can't attend do.
If your seat does sell you could either have this has Wolves cash or Bacs transfer if his seat sells for future games.
I’d personally try and sell it seperately to someone until end of the season if you can. More chance of getting what you paid for it that way

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doesn’t say whether or not the ticket is transferable though? Surely loads of people have “lent” their ticket to a mate or family member when they were not able to attend.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My friend has just " borrowed" someone's ST until the end of the season as they are unwell, luckily it was a friend of a friend so money/ST exchanged hands smoothly, but I'd always be wary of who I gave my ST too

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season tickets are non-transferable except in exceptional circumstances such as the holder passing away, terminally ill etc. We tried a few years back to transfer a friends season ticket to another friend's young son. It didn't matter that those friends had held their season tickets for over 25 years, the club wouldn't allow it due to the waiting list. As mentioned above it just pushes people to selling on their ticket match by match or in this case for the season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thing is as I understand it they have to say that the ticket is non-transferable in terms of you just selling it on (or even giving it to someone), because (unlike any other sport I think) selling on football tickets is strictly speaking illegal. There is also the issue that it's dubious for the club to allow people to sell a ST on and transfer it, while operating a waiting list.

However, particularly as this is obviously for good reason, they should offer the facility to offer them to people on the waiting list. Nobody loses out that way except possibly the club slightly financially.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how long the current ST waiting list is?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d personally try and sell it seperately to someone until end of the season if you can. More chance of getting what you paid for it that way
Only issue there is that the club now know that the original purchaser can't use it.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how long the current ST waiting list is?
Truth is nobody really knows. The club don't seem to want to say, but even if they have 10k, that doesn't actually mean there are 10k people on that list who would actually buy one if offered. Someone on here will remember how far down they list they went offering then this season, well over 1000 from memory, but I might be wrong. Be a few years though I'd imagine if you joined now (obviously very much depending on results!).

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truth is nobody really knows. The club don't seem to want to say, but even if they have 10k, that doesn't actually mean there are 10k people on that list who would actually buy one if offered. Someone on here will remember how far down they list they went offering then this season, well over 1000 from memory, but I might be wrong. Be a few years though I'd imagine if you joined now (obviously very much depending on results!).

Thanks. I thought it’d be a couple of thousand to be honest.

I’ve had one for donkeys years but wanted to see if I could get another for a family member.

Apparently you can’t get on the waiting list without paying for membership!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought it’d be a couple of thousand to be honest.

I’ve had one for donkeys years but wanted to see if I could get another for a family member.

Apparently you can’t get on the waiting list without paying for membership!
No, I think that's been the case since there's been a waiting list. Looks like a nice earner for the club, but to be fair a membership for anyone attending regularly soon pays for itself, even without considering the issues about getting in! It may well have been a lot higher, I'm just struggling to remember. Still be 3 or 4 years minimum I'd imagine though.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My friend was no 9k bout 3years ago,came down to 6k then 3k, she's hoping next Yr will b her lucky year :)

If its of any use my friend paid ST cost divided by the 19 games x by the number of games left

Last edited:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How much you want for them mate?

Back
Top Bottom