Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Can I say this on here .....? Up the Villa ...for one game only .

PulverWolf

Reaction score
o_O We all kmow they suck but can they please try to play footy against man u tonight !

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until we lost yesterday, I was totally up for the Villa win. But now I'm not sure we have a hope of catching Man U for 5th anyway. Any result is probably "OK" for us. If Man U win, Villa are 95% down , which has to be good. If Villa win, then our remote hope of 5th is still there, but it's still a very remote hope and may just tease us. A draw also would be OK.

So what would we rather have? Given that 5th and 6th will probably have the same end result of Europe League. 5th and Villa stay up or 6th and Villa go down?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Irrelevant to us now I'm afraid.
I'd love them to go down, but will miss beating them next season, guess the Albion can fill that void though.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. We arent getting champions league now. I hope Man Utd stuff them.
Sadly - this 100%. We need to worry about Arsenal, Spurs, Sheffield and Burnley.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6th place is the best we can achieve now imo (which would be a fantastic position) and that will still take a lot of work on our part as there seemed to be teams gaining on us who have momentum, while we have stalled. Utd are bang in form and with good fixtures to come. They will be more than confident of overhauling Leicester to take 4th, never mind fending us off.

It's an annoying state of affairs given that in January Utd were really falling apart, even turning up to play us in the cup actually almost expecting to lose. The relief with which Solskjaer said "we finally beat Wolverhampton" after sneaking through in the cup replay showed how much of a crisis they were in.

Unfortunately, the signing of Fernandes and return to fitness of Pogba and Rashford have improved them tenfold, while we haven't got any better at all and indeed are now clearly regressing in the quality of performances.

So, all in all, I hope Utd stuff VIlla tonight. It's already enough for all football lovers that the carrier bag-clad club that has brought the Premier League the sporting bilge offered up by dwarfs of the game Gary Megson, Tony Mowbray, Pepe Mel, Alan Irvine, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew et al will once again be polluting the reputation of England's elite division next season, let's at least have the consolation prize of a nice juicy relegation and financial meltdown for Villa.

Last edited:

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My cards are firmly with a Europa win now I have given up on Champions league qualification through our league position. Anyhow stuff Villa a comfortable United win will be one of the few moments I will have enjoyed this last week.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they get thrashed. People still dreaming of a top 5 finish are living in cloud cuckoo land. I said after the Villa match I would still settle for 6th at that point. Right now, would bite your hand of for it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why ?

if they stay up they have money ,and Mendes helping them like us ,and will be shopping in the same supermarket .
Need them to go down
They can have as much money as they want. J don't see them sorting themselves out any time soon.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would 6th place mean we go straight into the Europa League Group Stage (and not the qualifying)? Or are they still many ifs, buts and maybe's?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Champions league is gone, we're in a fight to cling onto 6th. Villa to lose please. United are of little concern to us now, it's about those behind us.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would 6th place mean we go straight into the Europa League Group Stage (and not the qualifying)? Or are they still many ifs, buts and maybe's?
Probably, if Man City are reinstated into European competition AND Arsenal win the FA Cup (and finish outside the top six) then 6th will go into the qualifiers.

Realistically 6th is now the highest we can achieve, we won games 35-37 last season after a couple of body blows, we need a repeat

Back
Top Bottom