Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley Verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not entirely sure this is fair on Chiwome. The lad was putting himself about, showing for the ball and making runs all night but was largely ignored.
Just don't think he's anywhere near at the level we need him to be at, personally. Not trying to be deliberately negative, and not dismissing any of them as prospects, but I think all three of them need some experience.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hoping we'd eek out a few wins regardless of our injuries before season's end, but now I'm fearing the worst in that respect.

That XI on paper today has to be the worst of the FOSUN PL era.

Cunha back will help but we can't just rely on him to hit the ground running. It's going to be a real struggle now until May, and it was totally avoidable.
Avoidable how ??

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I was a Burnley supporter I would be despondent for many reasons, but they include failing to win a home game against a team with no fit strikers...

The xG was also dead even, so it's not like it was a particularly unjust result.

Happy Wolves got a point to stop the rot. Could still creep up to 50 points on the season.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Happy enough with a point at a place where we often struggle and us down to the barest of bones.
Next season we don’t have to break the bank for a striker. Someone like Brereton Diaz could make a huge difference.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I have said it the last few weeks. We all knew that we were not going to spend much this season. Gary could tell Fosun until he was blue in the face that he needed a striker in January but with where we were as a club. I am guessing they decided that they did not need to spend and took the risk. The risk has paid off for Fosun. We have injuries but we have ahead of schedule met the aim for the season. Survival.

We will limp to the end of the season but fosun will not care because they have met the target without having to spend any extra cash.

I am guessing we have all been in the same position of telling our boss, manager we need more staff. At the end of the day it's them or make the decision and we have to deal with that. Tis life.

Would I have wanted a few more players signed yes. Every fan would, at the start of the season I feared the worst but to now be on 42 points with a month and half left I am happy.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lad up front really struggled. It's a baptism of fire for all of them - Chirewa, Fraser, Chiwome. None of them should be in this position. It's unfortunate. Even Silva would have offered more. Impossible to predict four injuries to four forwards, but hopefully Cunha can start on Saturday after the run-out tonight.

Thought RAN was superb, Gomes and Lemina put in a good shift, Semedo aside from switching off for the goal was decent. That's about it really. Hard to build anything without a focal point, and Chiwome top looked like a deer in headlights again, through no fault of his own I will add.

If we can start with a Cunha, Sarabia and RAN front three on Saturday we hopefully won't look so toothless.

Wasn’t impossible at all…… calling Neto and hwang to get injured was a piece of ****!!!!

Neto and hwang have hamstrings made from bone china! And both have crap fitness records the last two seasons. Statistics would say both would break down under the workload……..

Crap planning and crap management of our finances led to this mess!!!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was a Burnley supporter I would be despondent for many reasons, but they include failing to win a home game against a team with no fit strikers...

The xG was also dead even, so it's not like it was a particularly unjust result.

Happy Wolves got a point to stop the rot. Could still creep up to 50 points on the season.
XG is absolute nonsense. Why people watch a game then feel the need to quote it, is beyond me.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GoN knew what he was getting into when he took the job - it’s exactly why the last guy left. Hope he’s not manoeuvring to do a Lopetegui part 2 come the end of the season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is frustrated and who can blame him. They have wrecked what could have been a really good season with the January shambles. Who in their right mind lets 2 attackers go and signs no one when two of the attackers left in the light squad are injury prone? It is basic and obvious stuff.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he’s using the Man United link as leverage.

Could end badly but there’s a manager with European experience living in the area who seems to be at a loose end

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui II

No manager would accept the position Fosun put him in. Not one.

Look at Brighton's manager, even with all the players they have, this week he came out hinting that he wasn't happy with the playing budget, he'd probably have a stroke if he had to work under what Lop and GON have had to work under.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"It's a tough situation and there is a bit of me that's disappointed because we've come so far in the league and got into such an unbelievable situation, and then the injuries have caught up with us," he said after the draw at Turf Moor.

"The good thing from my point of view is that we did flag it to the club really clearly in January, and Matt Hobbs to be fair to him. He was very supportive and understanding.

"I was clear with them that we were overloading the players and I felt our injury record had a really good chance of getting worse during the second half of the season.

"On top of that, I also flagged how short we were in attacking positions and if we suffered even a couple of injuries to the top line if would make a huge difference to what we were able to produce.

"Unfortunately, the club were not in a position to be able to help us with that due to financial reasons.

"We had a Premier League number nine lined up to come in and help us and a fairly small amount of money stopped us doing it.

"The situation the club is in is showing now. You can see now why the aim at the start of the season was to stay in the Premier League.

"We have some unbelievable players but if you lose a couple, I'm trying to pick a starting XI from 12 fit senior outfield players.

"I would doubt there's another club in the other 91 in the country that are down that low.

"The point of all that, is that the group are out on their feet and deserve massive credit. To fight like they do, they deserve huge credit, with 42 points surpassing last year's total with eight games to go.

"It's an incredible effort from a special group of players that have given a lot to the club this year."

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just don't think he's anywhere near at the level we need him to be at, personally. Not trying to be deliberately negative, and not dismissing any of them as prospects, but I think all three of them need some experience.
Oh I agree. He’s nowhere near PL ready but I thought he actually contributed a bit today but was denied having much impact by Sarabia (mainly) refusing to pass him the ball.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy enough with a point at a place where we often struggle and us down to the barest of bones.
Next season we don’t have to break the bank for a striker. Someone like Brereton Diaz could make a huge difference.

Crazy we sent two players to his parent club, needed a striker and he ended up at another club????????

Someone ****ed up there!!!!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the back of GON’s remarks l think we can all agree that JL was right in the summer.

He may not have gone about it in the right way but most would agree in principle
Not just Lop.

GKMLWQFacAAjxim
GKMLWQBbYAAfR0D

GKMLWP-bIAE6jrg
GKMLWP-bIAAMfFt

This comment from Gary is particularly ominous:

"We have some unbelievable players but if you lose a couple, I'm trying to pick a starting XI from 12 fit senior outfield players. I would doubt there's another club in the other 91 in the country that are down that low."

How on Earth did the ownership at Wolves let it get so bad over the past few years, that the manager has to work with what he believes is the thinnest squad in the entire football league pyramid?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone seems thoroughly ****ed off with the situation they find themselves in and that’s understandable.

Such a shame to see the season fizzle out like it is. Not much more to add, really. Well done to those that made the trip, did us proud.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent point. Basically played with our backs to their goal almost throughout the team.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Clearly setting it as him/Hobbs v the club.
Think he's being a little more diplomatic in that interview by saying "...the club couldn't help us due to financial reasons." Sounds like he added more details in other interviews, like the "small amount " quote in the transcript you posted. I've no idea whether this small amount could have been harmful to us, especially as we now know that even £1m over PSR can trigger a points deduction. We spent so much in Summer 2022 and January 2023 (and the January signings helped save us from relegation) that we were hamstrung this season. I think the worry is if GON was told something different to what actually happened in January.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he's being a little more diplomatic in that interview by saying "...the club couldn't help us due to financial reasons." Sounds like he added more details in other interviews, like the "small amount " quote in the transcript you posted. I've no idea whether this small amount could have been harmful to us, especially as we now know that even £1m over PSR can trigger a points deduction. We spent so much in Summer 2022 and January 2023 (and the January signings helped save us from relegation) that we were hamstrung this season. I think the worry is if GON was told something different to what actually happened in January.

ONeil I am sure mentioned that things had changed during the last week in the January transfer window, unless I am mistaken. He had seemed confident we would do business but this suddenly changed towards the end of the window if I remember correctly. Goalposts were changed.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just Lop.

GKMLWQFacAAjxim
GKMLWQBbYAAfR0D

GKMLWP-bIAE6jrg
GKMLWP-bIAAMfFt

This comment from Gary is particularly ominous:

"We have some unbelievable players but if you lose a couple, I'm trying to pick a starting XI from 12 fit senior outfield players. I would doubt there's another club in the other 91 in the country that are down that low."

How on Earth did the ownership at Wolves let it get so bad over the past few years, that the manager has to work with what he believes is the thinnest squad in the entire football league pyramid?

I remember the pelters I got on here for saying we had the worst squad depth in the Premier League. Now Gaz is saying it's the entire English professional divisions.

You better believe I'll be petty enough to dig out those posters haha. Actually had people arguing with me that our squad was no worse than Man United's, Chelsea's, Fulham's, Forest's etc.

Back
Top Bottom