Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley verdict

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****y ****y Wanderers.

L78

Reaction score
Same old same old cannot do it against bottom clubs 2 points in last 2 games not good enough toothless never looked like scoring tonight

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that Wolves weren't "terrible" but its hard to dream of Europe when you cannot beat relegation clubs. I defend Adama a lot but it really does feel like his time is up. He's not developing in the way that benefits the squad and still makes stupid decisions. This is just who he is, accept it, cash out and thank him. However, other players also stunk it out which didn't make it better. Saiss and Moutino are frustrating and thats putting it kindly

Hard to blame Bruno or the players entirely when our transfer brains decide we are okay with 3 senior midfielders for the season doomed to fail in these situations no matter what.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Too slow and I have no idea why kept persisting on crossing the ball. The one thing Burnley do well is head the ball and defend crosses. Needed to be quick, on the floor football tonight. Lack of options was alarming. A game where we really missed Ruben and Podence.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What a missed opportunity these last two games have been.

Can’t fault the effort or intent but really missed the guile of Neves and thought Trincao should have been on much earlier. Also didn’t help that Raul had a stinker. For all Adama’s frustrations (and yes, he absolutely should have passed it), Raul made far more poor and selfish decisions in promising situations.

Unfortunately, we are so reliant on him that when he is below his best, our attacking threat diminishes significantly.

Sa 7
Kilman 6
Coady 7
Saiss 6
Semedo 7
Moutinho 6
Dendoncker 6
RAN 6
Hwang 6
Raul 5
Adama 6

Going to be a tough next few games.

T

TheConcourse

Yeah, the referee was excellent.

Sa and Kilman were the best players on the pitch by a mile.

Hwang and Raul - really poor. Risk averse. Traore is just averse to getting his head up and engaging his brain.

Boring.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
****ing hacked off to be honest. We’ve had two glorious chances to move up the league and ****ed them both up without a goal. RAN saw loads of the ball tonight but his balks in were woeful as were Semedo’s. Why did we persist with doing the same ****? Traore’s got to square it for Raul and we win that game. Then 2nd half he crosses the ball to Raul when he could have bombed into the box and shot or cut it back! Bright side another point but it feels like a loss.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
Positives - we gave as good as we got against a well organised physical team. Didn't shy out of any challenges and put a foot in where needed. Showed Burnley we wouldn't be bullied
Negatives - we are crying out for a big attacking midfielder who can chip in with a goal or two and drive through the middle

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our crosses/set pieces aren’t great….too easily defended or too hard for Raul, Silva Hwang orWillians to work with.
Yes Jose is gone but the same issue remains.

Bullyboy

Groupie
Reaction score
Never looked like scoring. Ait Nouri great positions but doesn't want to cross. Traore dangerous but zero end product. They can rave about him on Prime all they want but we know its not going to happen.

FRUSTRATING AGAIN.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively frustrating. Far too ponderous. We simply have to try and inject some spark and urgency into the team. Probably a combination of personnel and formation.
On the plus side it was streets ahead of last season's corresponding fixture and we are 6th in the table.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a missed opportunity these last two games have been.

Can’t fault the effort or intent but really missed the guile of Neves and thought Trincao should have been on much earlier. Also didn’t help that Raul had a stinker. For all Adama’s frustrations (and yes, he absolutely should have passed it), Raul made far more poor and selfish decisions in promising situations.

Unfortunately, we are so reliant on him that when he is below his best, our attacking threat diminishes significantly.

Sa 7
Kilman 6
Coady 7
Saiss 6
Semedo 7
Moutinho 6
Dendoncker 6
RAN 6
Hwang 6
Raul 5
Adama 6

Going to be a tough next few games.
Missed opportunity are the words I hear far too much with this team and it really frustrates me because it’s true. How many times have we found ourselves in a decent position and fail to capitalise on the situation. It’s why we won’t progress with this group of players.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We huffed and we puffed. We dominated but did **** all with the ball in attacking positions. Moutinho was metronomic in midfield but we do ourselves a disservice if we are hoping that he will pull the attacking strings. Not his game at all. RAN was very wasteful but the main problem was a lack of attacking movement. We probed and prodded but had no answer to the cloggers having eight men around the ball at all times. No pace in the slick play we did possess. Our best chance was the Adama break - when we aren't counter attacking, we just don't have the guile required to pick that lock

I don't know what the answer is. We tried 4 at the back against them last year and the less said about that the better!

Silva's absence says a lot about where Bruno rates him at the moment.

I hope we will go into the new year in the top half but with the fixtures we have, it's going to be tough.

It's also worth saying that Norwich and Burnley have both stopped losing matches. They're not as bad as is being made out but we CERTAINLY should have tested them more.

As a postscript, I truly truly hope Burnley go down with Newcastle. They are such a terrible watch and they stink up the league.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only two teams have scored fewer(Spurs and Norwich) and only two have conceded fewer(Chelsea and Citeh)

Hollywood Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Toothless. Not creating chances for each other. Zero for Raul to feed off again

Traore desperately unlucky. Easily our biggest threat tonight
Why does Traore insist on playing centre forward? Surely be should have stayed on the wing and created havoc
As in the first half.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 clean sheets in a row the only thing I’m clinging on to but we needed more than 2 points from these 2 games going into what’s next

Couldn’t break them down and the couple of times we got through we had no luck, but maybe you have to earn that

A lot for Bruno to work on that for sure in an attacking sense, 1 goal in 4 needs to be better

Liverpool next… be very Wolveslike to show up for that one instead

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's likely the last time we will see 6th place.

The lack of options off the bench and lack of ideas on the field are really worrying.

Considering the money we've spent (or intend to spend) on Silva, Hwang and Trincao it's simply not good enough to create practically zero chances against sides 18th and 19th in the standings.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think everyone is of the same opinion,too slow in everything we do
Poor crosses,no one with the guile to alter things
We are hard to beat, but the next few games will be damage limitation at best
Also nobody ever in the box. Still working out if this is a Nuno or Bruno issue, or a terribly neglected squad since 2019-thing?

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much real belief, a lot of going through the motions, poor tactics given how well Burnley defend crosses but in fairness few real options. I like to see Hee Chan in a more central positions, he looked quite lively and was probably my MOM. Sa also had a decent game. Jimenez at least put a bit of effort in and Traore did okay. The rest offered just about enough to get us through the game and thats all.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following on from the theme on the Norwich verdict thread, if someone had offered you two points in the matches against Norwich and Burnley would you have accepted it. I don't think I would have.

Burnley made it a tough game. Taylor for them was good.

The lack of options on the bench looked bad before kick-off and gradually looked worse as the game went on. I was thinking neither Hwang nor Traore should come off but we needed to change it somehow. I really would have gone to a back four, taken a centre-back off and put Trincao on for an extra body upfront. It would have been a gamble as Burnley was still a threat, but fortune favours the brave.

Kilman was my man of the match. Handled a physical Burnley very well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went from being ok with the performance at half time to gradually getting more and more angry as the game went on.

We’ve not got any God given right to win a game of football but we really needed more than 2 points from Burnley and Norwich. Two 0-0 draws and our goal tally for the season is not really acceptable.

Late sub again but I’m sick and tired of moaning about that as it’s every ****ing game.

We weren’t completely **** but we genuinely were clueless when we went over the halfway line.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
A frustrating night against the hardest team to break down… they proved this against Chelsea and they proved it again. Very well drilled and put a lot of men back.
Wolves potentially have a very good side in the making. I can see what Bruno is trying achieve and we just don’t have the players for it currently. No goals again is a big concern, however defensively we look great!
I personally wouldn’t play Adama again and sell come Jan. I would drop the 3 forwards and go with an Dani Olmo type player behind Hwang and Raul. It’s clear Bruno wants us going at teams more centrally instead of the wings, as we are weak in this area.
Sa - cracking keeper and a real gem of a signing. 7
Coady - Solid and did his good brilliant. 7
Kilman- solid again. 7
Saiss - like above, solid 7
Semedo - didn’t stop all game and tried to create stuff. If he could add goals to his game he would be on another level. 7
Nouri- so so, showed his age and immaturity against a solid Burnley defence. 6
Mouts- back to his best, does some stuff brilliant and mops up a lot. 7
Dendonker- nothing really of note. Doesn’t offer much going forward either. Good back up.6
Adama- moments of brilliance, ruined by no end product again. 5/6
Raul- frustrated all night and no service.5
Hwang- I really like him and has something about him. Best options and efforts came through him, apart from adamas thunderbolt. 7
Bruno- you can see what he’s trying to implement, just doesn’t have the team for it yet. Well the lack of two clinical and creative players.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Toothless. Not creating chances for each other. Zero for Raul to feed off again

Traore desperately unlucky. Easily our biggest threat tonight
Biggest threat and least threatening in equal measure.

Looks capable of doing something ... but at the same time does anyone have any confidence in him either making the right decision or executing a chance.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring. Too many half ***** performances. Hwang tried, as did Adama and Semedo. The rest just plain old boring and tiresome. Bruno doesn't seem to know how, or does not believe he has the players, to change things, in order to give us fresh impetus on the 70 minute mark, which means the game just fizzles out to a damp squib! Anyway, let's see if the boys can raise their game for the big ones coming up. They ought to be able to. Or at least be more energised than they were against Burnley!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley came for a draw and got it, it's so hard to break down a team that has no intension of coming up the pitch and wanting to make it a game. We needed a player who could feed the forwards into the area, podence would have been ideal tonight. I thought trincao looked as if he could have done that, he showed briefly he had the tight control in close areas.

T

TheConcourse

Only two teams have scored fewer(Spurs and Norwich) and only two have conceded fewer(Chelsea and Citeh)
Good stat, isn’t this exactly our problem? It always feels like we’re missing another player in that attacking mix.

I guess we can only get that player from one of the CB’s disappearing, then we’d concede more - potentially, I dunno. It’s become an irritating one now. We are very much solid and unspectacular.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an attacking unit, we are absolutely hopeless. Consistently choosing the wrong option. Such a frustrating performance, never really looked like scoring. 2 points and no goals against 2 of the bottom 3, really really poor. 12 goals in 14 games, shocking return.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A frustrating night against the hardest team to break down… they proved this against Chelsea and they proved it again. Very well drilled and put a lot of men back.
Wolves potentially have a very good side in the making. I can see what Bruno is trying achieve and we just don’t have the players for it currently. No goals again is a big concern, however defensively we look great!
I personally wouldn’t play Adama again and sell come Jan. I would drop the 3 forwards and go with an Dani Olmo type player behind Hwang and Raul. It’s clear Bruno wants us going at teams more centrally instead of the wings, as we are weak in this area.
Sa - cracking keeper and a real gem of a signing. 7
Coady - Solid and did his good brilliant. 7
Kilman- solid again. 7
Saiss - like above, solid 7
Semedo - didn’t stop all game and tried to create stuff. If he could add goals to his game he would be on another level. 7
Nouri- so so, showed his age and immaturity against a solid Burnley defence. 6
Mouts- back to his best, does some stuff brilliant and mops up a lot. 7
Dendonker- nothing really of note. Doesn’t offer much going forward either. Good back up.6
Adama- moments of brilliance, ruined by no end product again. 5/6
Raul- frustrated all night and no service.5
Hwang- I really like him and has something about him. Best options and efforts came through him, apart from adamas thunderbolt. 7
Bruno- you can see what he’s trying to implement, just doesn’t have the team for it yet. Well the lack of two clinical and creative players.
Seeing things a bit more rosy than I did. Maybe I just want a bit more blood and thunder!

Back
Top Bottom