Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley verdict thread

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a spectacle was it, but nevertheless a welcome three points.
I don't understand why we have to have all eleven players in the box for an oppositions corner. Surely one player on the half way line would draw a couple of their players back to cover.
Perhaps someone can explain, as I'm mystified.
It worked, didn’t it?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to grind out the win. It was a really tough watch and a really poor performance imo, but a very welcome three points. Hopefully we play much better at the weekend.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due…after the shambolic officiating this season, I thought the ref tonight was excellent. Some decisions didn’t go our way but overall, he was really good…and no, I’m not his dad.
He and Mario obviously really really don't like each other lol....

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit to Lemina for the press, Sarabia for the little dinked pass to Cunha, to Cunha for his pass and to Hwang for his calmness for the goal. Note though that Bentley's double save came because we *****d up a throw in. Bueno could have taken it quickly to Toti who was free, but gave him the ball instead. By the time Toti took it Burnley had closed us down leading Toti and Joao to getting in a mess and gift Burnley a chance.
Ponderous, uninspiring performance. I think GON didn't get his tactics right tonight, but TBF hasn't had much time to study Burnley.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw on Amazon Prime and watching us first half pass it around the back made me realise why I was keen for us to move away from five at the back. It's dull . Second half was an improvement we largely controlled it.
Hwang's been a revelation this season glad the club was patient with him and he signs new contract.
I'm sure the atmosphere and performance be better vs Forest.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A solid performance without thrills. Pleased to see Sarabias skills showing in the second half as he got up to pace in the premiership after a in and out first half, he has the ability to make killer passes when on form. Oneil has the team playing for each other, we never had to play at the top of our game after Hwang took his goal so clinically.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Poor performance, probably our worst at home this season. Still good 3 points.

This is the kind of game where we would have got a point in the recent past.

Happy and relieved with the win. That's all.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The win tonight was everything. Performance was poor; lethargic and lacking creativity and in attacking endeavour. But now just 6 points off Europe and 11 off 18th. Win on Saturday and we really can start looking up the table and with the ****e at the bottom we realistically will have no relegation worries this season.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going further forward we need more energy and zip in our passing and attacking movement.
Yep, that first half was painful. Need much better ideas and way more risk taking. Just did the same thing over and over and over again.

Comfortable second half but barely mustered a shot. Take the 3 points and move on to Forest.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Defence and keeper good, Semedo MOTM.

Sums up the performance.
agree semedo was good. only one who injected pace into the game. Dawson back makes us look so more solid also.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes Ruben! What a guy.

I would love him to come back to Wolves and manage us, when he retires as a player. He gave half his playing career to us and will always be a legend at our special football club.
He believed in us and was major part of waking the sleeping giant, which is Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather a patchy win than playing well and getting robbed by VAR.

Hwang could get 15 this season which would be remarkable.

Desperate for another pacey winger.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very fortunate.

Playing out from the back so slow. Honestly beyond belief , and that’s not even starting on the goal kicks.

So much better when we play more direct .

Subs were poor - Doyle should have come on for Lemina.

A lucky bounce at a corner late on and we drop points there .

Got away with one - but result is all that matters

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil said: "I think it was a massive win for us because I have watched a lot of Burnley. They are very well organised and every team I have watched struggled to progress up the pitch with the ball."

Seems that he did his homework, regardless of all the moaning from some who went.

bully306

Reaction score
MOTM sarabia. Clever, creative, got in good positions, battled well, offers something different. Yes hes slow but we knew that, still had a few good dribbles. Its like hes a different player now. Deserves to keep his place.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't know as I was there.
It wasn’t personal I didn’t say you weren’t. But fans who pay and travel would like more attacking play ..
But 8 defensive players against Burnley ( 7 points from 14 matches ) at home ! Are we that weak after 6 years in this league ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom