Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley v Wolves comms thread.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it isn’t…. 11th - 13th between us, Bournemouth and Fulham … think we’d have took that before the United game
I get it but with this thinking we might as well play the U23’s and keep the players fresh for the start of next season.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My god, there was so much awful decision making and execution tonight, all over the pitch.
Chief among them though, Sarabia.
He’s supposed to be the old head, the class, guile.
Take the point with our 1.25 fit senior forwards and move on.

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
I get it but with this thinking we might as well play the U23’s and keep the players fresh for the start of next season.
Just don’t see us getting more points than West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton and Chelsea with the players we have available … just being realistic … add in the fact we still have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the worse point but we really don't help ourselves do we? So so so sloppy on the ball and showed nothing really going forward Cunha being back is a huge positive as we really are lacking when he isn't available.

I know O'Neil has come out and said he isn't ready etc but you can't tell me in this side where we are seriously lacking any sort of spark going forward Noah Lemina wouldn't show more than an unfit out of position Matt Doherty as soon as we got the ball our first thought was always to go backwards something we haven't done as much this season...

A bit to safety first from us today and Jose Sa wasting time at the end instead of looking to go and get the three points was quite telling.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Goodness gracious people are negative on here. Ffs playing away to a team who absolutely need the game and getting a score draw with this injury situation is simply not a reason to feel despondent, have a go at effort levels, etc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that he definitely should have done better then. I thought otherwise he played well though.

He did, completely agree!

I have said Christ knows how many times, no one in the squad can run forward into space behind a man for a long ball like Nelson can!

Which makes it so strange that the same move the other way is his kryptonite!!!!

Tonight they kept looking to play that ball!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just don’t see us getting more points than West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton and Chelsea with the players we have available … just being realistic … add in the fact we still have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City
I’m with you. If we start the season from now, we’ve got too many teams to compete with who have bigger and better squads and a difficult run in to boot. I don’t think we get in to Europe anyway but if we don’t beat West Ham then it’s 100% dead in the water.

colincameron

Reaction score
Strange game, Burnley aren't bad just seem really easy to play against.

Confused as to whether we even wanted to win the game at the end?

The slowing down, the defensive subs, the Jose Sa hands thingy, it was as if we were 1 up- really odd. I feel like Gary did want to win the game (as opposed to settling for a draw which is what it looked like??) ...but I have a feeling he thinks the Albion result was the perfect away performance against a weaker side... possession, slow everything down, dictate, absorb, chance, score.

I think maybe he's becoming fixated on repeating it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think chiwome offers more than fraser. For an 18 year old I thought he did really well. Put himself about, pressed, won a few headers and showed a bit of pace. Laid the ball off well too.
Just a shame he was largely ignored by the rest of the team when he was showing for the ball and making runs.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even with no attackers GON is still setting us up to make chances, it's quite refreshing. Most managers would go into their shell and just accept a 0-0 with what we have to work with.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took six off Chelsea already. Would be great if we get to play them again.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lol the athletic has the xG at exactly 0.98 for both sides. Don't see that often.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the end, I’m happy with the point.

Burnley have been a bogey team in recent years, and ahead of tonight, they have been on decent form despite their position in the league. That was a fight and the lads stood up to it apart from some amateur defending for their goal. We had good chances to score more, and to be fair, so did they. A draw was a fair result in my view. Again, we came away with no new injuries and this time a point.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are not serious?

Lost the ball every time he got it.

He’d not ready and it was effectively playing with 10 men.

How can you say he isn’t ready when he was making good runs into space that people didn’t make the pass for!

He made some good block/tackles too! Willing runner.

He isn’t ready to be a front line option, but his ability to perform was handicapped by players not playing him in when he did the hard bit of finding space and good positions

Back
Top Bottom