Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6151.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Quick turnaround after the weekend, and we’re on the road again. A disappointing result (but not performance) against a good Villa team, but tonight is a chance to quickly bounce back.

Seems like for us, Burnley have woken up at just the wrong time. Having spent most of the season being useless, they seem to have suddenly realised that they need to get points to stay up. They got a good point with 10 men at Chelsea on the weekend, and they’ll fancy building on it. We’ll need to play well to get a positive result.

Obviously the headline team news is the return of the Mat(heus Cunha). Whether he starts or is a sub, having him in the squad makes us so, so much better. I’m fairly sure his last away match before injury he banged in a hat-trick at Chelsea, so let’s hope he picks up where he left off. Personally I think he’ll be on the bench.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle Gomes Lemina Bueno
Sarabia Ait-Nouri​

Bentley, Doherty, Traore, Cunha, Lemina, Fraser, Chirewa, Chiwome, Barnett.

As we’ve all said, it’s been a really positive, uplifting season, and the hope is that it doesn’t fizzle out. Europe looks a long shot right now with the injuries and the fact that other teams seem to be picking up form. But with the extra money available the higher you finish, every point we can get could be really valuable.

Whether you’re following from Burnley, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope Cunha is back in some capacity; it will give the team such a lift for this game I feel.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Judging from this GON presser, Cunha will probably be on the bench tonight and if all goes well, will start on Saturday. Dawson also with an outside chance but more likely back in the squad for next Saturday. I like the quotes from GON that Cunha was phoning him every evening in the lead up to the Coventry and Villa games telling him to include him in the squad!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough game, Burnley looking a bit better of late and with our lack of options up front I would take a point to be honest. Hopefully a goal for Chiwome/Fraser.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have missed Dawson....we was getting through games despite the problem up top with Dawson available...
Agreed. We just look so much more solid with Dawson in the team - although if he were available, would you drop Bueno or Kilman?

Have to say, we need to start seeing Sarabia have big games for us too. He’s dropped off in recent weeks, which isn’t surprising given the lack of options around him. Having said that, I think he can bring a little more to give us a bit more potency tbh.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti RAN
Doyle Gomes Lemina
Chiwome Fraser Bueno

Bring Sarabia and Cunha on at half time for the kill

Come on you Wolves let’s end the 14 year wait to win here

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. We just look so much more solid with Dawson in the team - although if he were available, would you drop Bueno or Kilman?

Have to say, we need to start seeing Sarabia have big games for us too. He’s dropped off in recent weeks, which isn’t surprising given the lack of options around him. Having said that, I think he can bring a little more to give us a bit more potency tbh.
Sarabia has probably dropped off as it is all on him as such...he largely has a thankless task at the minute...

The removal of Lemina from the centre (which is down to circumstances) and with Dawson being absent has resulted in some of our previous problems resurfacing....

Unfortunately you go back to what works , than means taking Bueno out but probably for west ham....maybe a bit early tonight...

Despite our forward issues has we had the availability of Dawson for Coventry we may have seen it through...even if it was for a sub appearance.,

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley will score first which will give us a big problem without any strikers, again.

Would play Bueno at LWB and have RAN further forward.

Sigh. Anyone else losing interest because you know we're going into games having to try and nick one rather than have any consistent threat?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley will score first which will give us a big problem without any strikers, again.

Would play Bueno at LWB and have RAN further forward.
Burnley had 3 players in the team of the week and are on a mini 3 match unbeaten run I expect them to be a much harder team to play against than some think. I think a point will be a decent result for us.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley had 3 players in the team of the week and are on a mini 3 match unbeaten run I expect them to be a much harder team to play against than some think. I think a point will be a decent result for us.

Oh, I agree. I'm fully expecting us to lose this game.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Just got a feeling Burnley will be more up for this game than we will.

I’d take a draw.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Kilman.

Bueno probably being the best performer of the three, plus if he has a good run in till the end of the season it'll hold him in good steady going into next season

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least when we lose we're making things worse for Forest and Everton.

I actually think Burnley have more chance of catching them than Luton.

Burnley vs Forest on the last day, so they only need to get within two of them to have a chance going into the final game.

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
We were on top against the Villa until they scored the first (IMO anyway), at worst it was evens. That Ait-Nouri chance goes in and its a different game at Villa Park. But it didn't. Our problem, yet again, was up front. Fraser should be more physical, but he's not. And Burnley definitely are physical, so lets not try and play them at their own game. Turf Moor will be up for it, they'll see this as winnable and just the platform they need before their big one against Everton on Saturday.

Win tonight and Europe is back on the table, well we can at least start talking and dreaming about it. And the West Ham game doubles in size.

I'd start Chiwome and hope we don't need the "Cunha cavalry". If Dawson isn't available, then its the same team that started against the Villa for me.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go again another 27 notes lighter for transportation, plus accommodation in Manchester (as no trains home from there), let's hope its worth it.
I'd settle for a 1-0 deflection off the back of someone's **** right now.
Safe travels to those making the journey.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well you should of
Probably best not to drop a ‘should of’, which is nonsense, in response to a critique of someone’s language skills.
It may sound like ‘should have’, particularly with a Black Country twang, but it is blatantly ‘should have’.
You would think, the contraction ‘should’ve’, featuring a ‘v’, would be enough of an indication.

(Carefully rechecks everything for errors before hitting post, so as not to fall on own pedant’s sword).
See also autism thread, and being irrationally incensed by illogical things.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably best not to drop a ‘should of’, which is nonsense, in response to a critique of someone’s language skills.
It may sound like ‘should have’, particularly with a Black Country twang, but it is blatantly ‘should have’.
You would think, the contraction ‘should’ve’, featuring a ‘v’, would be enough of an indication.

(Carefully rechecks everything for errors before hitting post, so as not to fall on own pedant’s sword).
I think he was joking.

Messaging problems!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the reproach was tongue-in-cheek.

Most know it's should have rather than should of, but some now use should of just to be wumming. ;)

Ebbo

Reaction score
Heading off 'up North' soon. Going with a mate I've know all my life, who lives near Kiddy. His Dad's side of the family are from Burnley and we're meeting his cousin up there too, before heading to the game. Will really enjoy the trip... a point or 3 from the match would be nice !

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heading off 'up North' soon. Going with a mate I've know all my life, who lives near Kiddy. His Dad's side of the family are from Burnley and we're meeting his cousin up there too, before heading to the game. Will really enjoy the trip... a point or 3 from the match would be nice !
Cricket pavilion next to the ground isn't bad for a pre-match.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was waiting for someone to bite and here you are lol

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game we should be looking at getting something from. It won’t be easy but I think we can bring the three points back home.
Bad feeling from me they will be up for it at home. Hope I’m wrong and we win easy mind. The team selection will be of interest

Nivada

Reaction score
We were on top against the Villa until they scored the first (IMO anyway), at worst it was evens. That Ait-Nouri chance goes in and its a different game at Villa Park. But it didn't. Our problem, yet again, was up front. Fraser should be more physical, but he's not. And Burnley definitely are physical, so lets not try and play them at their own game. Turf Moor will be up for it, they'll see this as winnable and just the platform they need before their big one against Everton on Saturday.

Win tonight and Europe is back on the table, well we can at least start talking and dreaming about it. And the West Ham game doubles in size.

I'd start Chiwome and hope we don't need the "Cunha cavalry". If Dawson isn't available, then its the same team that started against the Villa for me.
This isn't the Burnley of old. Physicality has been a big problem for them this season

Back
Top Bottom