Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bully & Mutch

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are at the cleveland arms this Thursday. Any mixers going? should be a good evening

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather them be in a Wolves shirt, at Deepdale, next Saturday 3pm. :)

E

Essex Wolf

Anyone got a time machine so as we can turn the clock back and get them down at Wolves again, please please please.:D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have tickets but not sure if we can make it now. Might be last minute call.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on mate, these are Wolves legends. Surely nothing can take precedence over this? :D

It's the gout mate, playing me up like something rotten! Might have to miss Preston on Saturday because of it.

E

Edgmond Wolf

It's the gout mate, playing me up like something rotten! Might have to miss Preston on Saturday because of it.

Get yourself right mate and stop drinking port.....

We need fans like you at the match cheering the lads on

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get yourself right mate and stop drinking port.....

We need fans like you at the match cheering the lads on

Don't drink port mate! :D

The beer doesn't help though I know that, I honestly don't think I drink much more than your average bloke, it is something my dad suffered with too so could be something deeper.

Gotta convince the lad to drive if I do go on Saturday, which is a tough one on a Saturday considering the amount of cider he gets down him the bloody beer monster.

W

WasStefan

Is this ticket only? Literally 5 min down road for me and have Friday booked off work......

E

Essex Wolf

Ouch. Until you've suffered it it's a pain you really can't describe. Know in the past I've had it so bad can't even handle the bed sheets resting on it.

I take a tablet called Allupurinol for it mate. It stops it but apparently it shouldn't be taken once you get it if that makes sense as can make matters worse. Might be worth asking your GP about it.

Hope it improves for you and soon.

E

E is for idiot.

Is this ticket only? Literally 5 min down road for me and have Friday booked off work......

It is. I tried to get tickets for the September one but they were sold out so had to make do with January.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Don't drink port mate! :D

The beer doesn't help though I know that, I honestly don't think I drink much more than your average bloke, it is something my dad suffered with too so could be something deeper.

Gotta convince the lad to drive if I do go on Saturday, which is a tough one on a Saturday considering the amount of cider he gets down him the bloody beer monster.

I am going with Telford Wolves, that way I can have a drink and not drive :)

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ouch. Until you've suffered it it's a pain you really can't describe. Know in the past I've had it so bad can't even handle the bed sheets resting on it.

I take a tablet called Allupurinol for it mate. It stops it but apparently it shouldn't be taken once you get it if that makes sense as can make matters worse. Might be worth asking your GP about it.

Hope it improves for you and soon.

Yep, I have the bed sheets issue. It is excruciatingly bad. I have to admit to laying in bed next to the Mrs actually in tears only last year, it became that bad. Her response to that was "so you have experienced a wedding, two kids, five grandchildren.. not a tear in the room for any but a sting in the toe reduces you to buckets!! :D

If only it was just a sting though!

Aren't you Willenhall Stefan? My lad will be working at my brothers in Short Heath on Wednesday so could sort something, don't want to arrange anything just yet though cos obviously still badly want to go gout permitting. I will have to PM you.

E

Essex Wolf

Yep, I have the bed sheets issue. It is excruciatingly bad. I have to admit to laying in bed next to the Mrs actually in tears only last year, it became that bad. Her response to that was "so you have experienced a wedding, two kids, five grandchildren.. not a tear in the room for any but a sting in the toe reduces you to buckets!! :D

If only it was just a sting though!

Aren't you Willenhall Stefan? My lad will be working at my brothers in Short Heath on Wednesday so could sort something, don't want to arrange anything just yet though cos obviously still badly want to go gout permitting. I will have to PM you.

No sympathy from the missus then mate?:D

It really is a pain you have to have suffered to understand so you get my full sympathy if nothing else.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Your GP should be able to prescribe a daily tablet that prevents flare ups of gout.

B

BigBadWolf

I shall be seeing Bully do an after dinner talk at Evesham United Football Club in October. Looking forward to it although he'll have to be as good at talking as he was at scoring to be better than Steve Daley with a microphone, the bloke was hilarious!

F

FLEET WOLF

Never had it, but have a friend who suffers from it, now and again and you have my sympathies from what he tells me about it!

G

Guido Fawkes

I saw these when they did a similar evening at Brewood cricket club a couple months ago. If it's the same type of gig as that then it's a great night.

Bull and Mutch got free white wine all evening and they started drinking about half 6 so they were fairly tipsy a short while after, and very drunk not long after that!

Great evening which I shan't spoil to anyone going who is going on Thursday. Some enlightening bits of information from both men which may surprise a few...

Main thing though, what great blokes both were. Easily approachable and were happy to talk to anyone and pose for photos (both before and after drink set in)!

Have a good night to those that are going.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I made. Infact absolutely delighted. Bully really is a gem and makes you so proud to support this club.

Some points he made

- Was told he would never play football due to his knee at the age of 17. In today's game with medicals he arguably never would have.

- Closest he came to leaving was Coventry. Had offers from Villa, Italy clubs after world cup, Newcastle but to this day still doesn't have any regrets

- was $$$$ed up at Newcastle. Looking up and seeing 3000 was what got him inspired

- we would have gone up had him and Mutch played in the same side. Kept insisting his contribution was hugely overlooked and should get just as much plaudits.

- McGhee was a $$$$er and pretty much everyone at Wolves recognised his ability to get the opposition even more pumped up. None so more than Palace in the play-offs.

- had no issue with Colin Lee and Taylor who in there own right were superb coaches

- him and Steve walsh would often ask each other in the tunnel "so whose turn is it today?" In regards to getting sent off. Misses that aspect of today's game and wishes it was still in. Him and Steve Walsh are the best of mates today and enjoy a beer and banter over past meetings.

- when asked what are your thoughts on Wolves today... his simple response was " $$$$in $$$$".. he did however go onto say it will click. Too much tinkering at the moment and we need a solid stable 11. Well said Bully.

He was absolutely brilliant when speaking to him. Me and my son had a good bit of banter when my lad went to the front to have his picture and kept his bottle of beer in his hand. My son commented on something how it would be home from home with Mutch anyway which Bully loved and him and Mutchy ended up in a playful wrestle over!

One question I asked him was the credibility behind the decking Lineker story. He said it was complete $$$$$$$$!

Sore head this morning but it really was a great great night. When you meet your idol and they turn out better than you could imagine it really is incredible. He would have stopped and spoke to me all night long if time would have allowed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I made. Infact absolutely delighted. Bully really is a gem and makes you so proud to support this club.

Some points he made

- Was told he would never play football due to his knee at the age of 17. In today's game with medicals he arguably never would have.

- Closest he came to leaving was Coventry. Had offers from Villa, Italy clubs after world cup, Newcastle but to this day still doesn't have any regrets

- was $$$$ed up at Newcastle. Looking up and seeing 3000 was what got him inspired

- we would have gone up had him and Mutch played in the same side. Kept insisting his contribution was hugely overlooked and should get just as much plaudits.

- McGhee was a $$$$er and pretty much everyone at Wolves recognised his ability to get the opposition even more pumped up. None so more than Palace in the play-offs.

- had no issue with Colin Lee and Taylor who in there own right were superb coaches

- him and Steve walsh would often ask each other in the tunnel "so whose turn is it today?" In regards to getting sent off. Misses that aspect of today's game and wishes it was still in. Him and Steve Walsh are the best of mates today and enjoy a beer and banter over past meetings.

- when asked what are your thoughts on Wolves today... his simple response was " $$$$in $$$$".. he did however go onto say it will click. Too much tinkering at the moment and we need a solid stable 11. Well said Bully.

He was absolutely brilliant when speaking to him. Me and my son had a good bit of banter when my lad went to the front to have his picture and kept his bottle of beer in his hand. My son commented on something how it would be home from home with Mutch anyway which Bully loved and him and Mutchy ended up in a playful wrestle over!

One question I asked him was the credibility behind the decking Lineker story. He said it was complete $$$$$$$$!

Sore head this morning but it really was a great great night. When you meet your idol and they turn out better than you could imagine it really is incredible. He would have stopped and spoke to me all night long if time would have allowed it.

You lucky bugger! Sounds as if it was a superb evening!

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Some points he made

It was a good night wasn't it. you could tell that bully has more experience of this type of stuff than mutchy.

Was interesting to hear that wolves still have the 'im better than you, he earns more money than me' players still around.... McDonald anyone?

D

Deleted member 4309

I always usto see bully and mark Venus in the bookies in bilbrook. Living in codsall growing up as a kid nearly every weekend I would see bully, mutch, Venus and loads of other players drinking around codsall. The last player I usto see around codsall was jarvis he always ran past my house in the mornings. I don't think players live in codsall anymore though I haven't seen any for years

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for posting that Walsall, made a good read.

B

BigBadWolf

Sounds excellent! Can't wait to see him in a months time!

I remember my Dad met him at a dinner a few years back. He told me that Bully was up answering some questions about his time at the Wolves and the question was asked, "what was you best goal for Wolves?" he answered with one of the Norwich away goals just after the birth of one of his children. Following his answer my dad shouted "No it wasn't and proceeded to tell him that his best goal was away at Tranmere (I can't remember the year), Now most former footballers would of been rather offended about being interrupted, but Bully was different and in fact spent a lot of the evening after this with my Dad comparing memories of Bully in his pomp from both a player and fans perspective.

Just little things like that show how class of a bloke he is!

E

Essex Wolf

Some points he made

Sounds a really great night mate and pleased you made it end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom