Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno, What would you do?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't see the game today as I was taking a relative out for the day, kept an eye out though with one football app and twitter were I could.

However it seems Bruno and his lack of game management has cost us points, again. Mainly the wrong subs which is a running theme of his

What would you do and why?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to go, he's not at this level. He can't man manage, he can't manage in-game, he's been here over a year and we still have no pattern of play. People hoping for him to change it are ****ing into the wind. He's dined off his breakdown of Man U's tactics and how we beat them (oh the Lage fans lapped that up), but never mentioned his multiple failed game plans against Dean Smith's Norwich

Sooner he's out and we get a proper, experienced head coach in, the better. Lage will return to being a number two or a youth coach by the time he's 50, and I have no doubt he's very good at that job, but this charade as a head coach cannot continue

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All 4 games could have gone either way, 3 games without a striker, Nunes and Guedes bedding in, Semedo first game back from injury, some more players coming…..glad mixer’s don‘t have a red nuclear button or else we’d all be blown to smithereens.

At some point Bruno will leave - but let him bed in the new players - not his fault that Hwang slipped and passed it to ASM or Moss was on VAR.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree re the subs. This season with the new 5 sub rule it is even more important that the coach/manager makes the right substitutions at the right time to positively influence the result. This would appear to be Bruno’s biggest weakness. For this reason I would expect Fosun to be looking for a top notch successor. Hopefully someone like Poch.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Madness to get all the players he wants and sack him a fortnight later. He's never really convinced anyone though and unlike his immediate predecessor he has no real bond with the fans. So realistically if we don't get 4 points next week I think he might be on his way, even if they wait for us to lose a couple more first!

T

TheConcourse

This wasn’t just game management. There was a fundamental system problem today.

A midfield three of Joe Willock, Joelinton and ****ing Longstaff abused us for 70 minutes.

Happy to give a Head Coach all the time they need if performances are good and the positive signs are there. Today was absolute garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi130

Reaction score
He has to go, he's not at this level. He can't man manage, he can't manage in-game, he's been here over a year and we still have no pattern of play. People hoping for him to change it are ****ing into the wind. He's dined off his breakdown of Man U's tactics and how we beat them (oh the Lage fans lapped that up), but never mentioned his multiple failed game plans against Dean Smith's Norwich

Sooner he's out and we get a proper, experienced head coach in, the better. Lage will return to being a number two or a youth coach by the time he's 50, and I have no doubt he's very good at that job, but this charade as a head coach cannot continue

Have to agree with this.

He really should have gone after the debacle at the end of last season. His in game management was carp then and nothing's changing. I wouldn't waste anymore time hoping for some sort of playing style epiphany to appear either. This guy has the most talented squad we've had in my 30 odd years of being a STH and we look absolutely awful. No shape, no press, no goals. Get him gone ASAP.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be absolutely insane to get rid of him now. He hasn’t had a striker for 3 games. And he has a half fit striker now.

Also had 0 signings last season

We are in transition to a back 4 and we look solid at the back - which is where you build from.

Let’s have a laugh - who would people get in?

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be harsh, but I think he has to go. Been here over a year and most of that time I've struggled to see what kind if team we are trying to be. And much more worrying, his players don't seem to know either. Also watching this team under his reign has close to zero entertainment value. It's so slow and dull and it never feels like we're in control of games.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be absolutely insane to get rid of him now. He hasn’t had a striker for 3 games. And he has a half fit striker now.

We are in transition to a back 4 and we look solid at the back - which is where you build from.

Lopetegui, Pochetttino… thats if Fosun mean business.

otherwise it will be just another highly rated coach from Portugal again.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted 2, but I could see a fair argument for 3/4 too.

My issue is that I can't see improvements happening and I don't know what will magically change.

I hope I'm wrong as I don't like ever switching managers. Apart from Zenga and Saunders - they were terrible.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
All 4 games could have gone either way, 3 games without a striker, Nunes and Guedes bedding in, Semedo first game back from injury, some more players coming…..glad mixer’s don‘t have a red nuclear button or else we’d all be blown to smithereens.

At some point Bruno will leave - but let him bed in the new players - not his fault that Hwang slipped and passed it to ASM or Moss was on VAR.
They may have gone our way if our manager knew what he was doing. I would be smacking that red button like a deranged monkey right now

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have sacked him at the end of last season, now it's just getting silly.

Anything short of 6 points from Bournemouth & Southampton and he should be fired. No room or time for sentiment in the PL.

colincameron

Reaction score

Jeff Shi

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really really want him to succeed and for it all to click. I’m starting to have serious reservations about his ability to turn this around, though. The 5 sub rule does not play into his strengths and the more competitive squad we have also plays into his man management weaknesses.

You can see how passionate he is but I see him on the bench and in interviews and, I dunno, he just doesn’t seem to have that stature of a man in charge. He who shall not be named was the boss, knew he was the boss and the players bought in to this - his man management seemed to be largely good where players knew their boundaries and where the line was and not to cross it.

Bruno just doesn’t have that personality and it’s starting to worry me.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I am sick off is instructions during the game .

On two different occasions moutinho and Jimenez were off the pitch when the game was ongoing.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was out of his depth when he first arrived. Somehow he flukes a series of results (Southampton, Villa, Brighton for example) before Xmas but since end of Feb we’ve been abysmal. I had had enough after Brighton at home one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

I have seen enough of the current squad to see that it is talented and has potential but is not even reaching a level that is the sum of it’s parts. Which is down to Bruno, he seems to be a good no 2, he knows what he wants players to do, he knows the tactics he wants to employ but he can’t transfer them from training pitch to match day team. One of the benefits of Bruno is that the lack of identity gives a new manager a blank canvas with a squad who could play a variety of formations if coached properly.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sack him now. We won’t get the 6 points from Bournemouth and Southampton everyone is thinking we will get with him in charge
His assessment of games are embarrassing, his substitutions are pathetic and the whole place has adopted a losing mentality
He’s overseeing mediocrity being touted as acceptable
Graham Potter please

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what’s going to happen? We clearly need to get rid, but can Jeff sort it out? That’s the worry.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In his defence, he’s had two matches since being properly backed financially and the first half against Spurs was as well as I can recall us playing. Looked a really good side.

Nothing is going to happen in the next week and after that, we have a horrific run of fixtures where I would expect us to pick up possibly one point from four games.

Any ‘New Manager’ bounce would likely be negated by that run of games so I would probably wait until after those next six fixtures and, if I hadn’t seen a consistent run of decent performances during those games, make my decision then (I know it’s wrong to say, but I’d certainly be making some initial enquiries about the availability and interest of potential replacements during this period).

Unfortunately, we could very easily only have 4-7 points after 10 games, which is (a) very difficult to turn around and (b) may mean that some potential targets may not see us as an attractive an option as we should be.

These next two games are absolutely massive for both Bruno and our season.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
For me he should be given till the World Cup break, he wasn’t backed financially last season and he
still doesn’t have a replacement for Fabio even though we shipped him out 6 weeks ago.

That said if he went after B’mouth or Southampton I could understand the thinking as we have something like 7 points from the past 12 games or a 3rd of a season, stay on that trajectory and it’s only going to end in tears and tantrums sadly

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It probably depends on how long Sevilla wait to fire Lopetugui, although I'm warming to us simply letting Moutinho take over in the short term if need be.

With the quality of the quality of options we have now, I really can't imagine the substitutions would be any more confused or the lack of goals any worse if we let a totally inexperienced coach in Moutinho take charge.

Reactions: Ian

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It probably depends on how long Sevilla wait to fire Lopetugui, although I'm warming to us simply letting Moutinho take over in the short term if need be.

With the quality of the quality of options we have now, I really can't imagine the substitutions would be any more confused or the lack of goals any worse if we let a totally inexperienced coach in Moutinho take charge.
What are the rules with regards to coaching badges and does Moutinho have any?
I honestly don't know the answer to either question, just curious.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Sevilla’s next 2 fixtures are against Barca and Man City, so we probably won’t have to long to wait

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondering where Arsenal would be if they'd got rid of Arteta last season?

Bruno is clearly regarded highly in the football world and he has managed to attract a top talent to our club.

None of us sees what goes on behind the scenes but you cannot fire a manager 4 to 10 games into a season, particularly when all our games have been close run things.

We are still in transition and we need calm heads. Results will come, we are searching for the formula to score goals. When we find it, everything will be fine.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bruno is clearly regarded highly in the football world and he has managed to attract a top talent to our club.

None of us sees what goes on behind the scenes but you cannot fire a manager 4 to 10 games into a season, particularly when all our games have been close run things.

We are still in transition and we need calm heads. Results will come, we are searching for the formula to score goals. When we find it, everything will be fine.
It's not this season in isolation though is it. He's had 42 games here. And no, the backing last season wasn't very good, but the job of the manager is to maximise the resources he is given, not have guaranteed success handed on a plate.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Go look at the other thread.

Plenty of names on there.

I'll give you Marco Rose as a starter

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In an ideal world this is how it would play out but it's a results business and we aren't getting any, unfortunately.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
At one point we started an attack and Raul was on the sideline having a drink of water!
One thing that stood out to me today was that there was more intensity from Newcastle. Taking every throw in quickly and with intent, quick free kicks, always switched on. We don't seem to take quick throw ins, players often chatting to each other or having a go at the ref when the play has restarted, and spending too much time to get up from the ground when they have been left grounded. We don't seem quite at it as other teams at times.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an ideal world this is how it would play out but it's a results business and we aren't getting any, unfortunately.
Yeah we are. 2 draws are results.
It's not this season in isolation though is it. He's had 42 games here. And no, the backing last season wasn't very good, but the job of the manager is to maximise the resources he is given, not have guaranteed success handed on a plate.
You cannot judge him based on the end of last season. To do so, you have to judge him over the first part of the season also.
Surely you can see he's trying to change the playing system? To be more attacking and to make us more flexible in our tactics.

All our games could have gone either way. We played very well at Tottenham and deserved at least a draw, we were naive at Leeds. Those are our losses. Two away games.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cannot judge him based on the end of last season. To do so, you have to judge him over the first part of the season also.
I didn't say that I was judging him solely on the end of last season, I said that he has had 42 games here now. I'm factoring in every match and overall there's not been nearly enough to warrant him staying if results and performance don't change dramatically and very soon.

I'm not sure why we should write off 50% of our matches as "well, we've only lost the away games so far". And the first of those away games was against a team that survived on the final day and has had to sell its best two players since.

It's not even as though the home games have been sparkling performances. We've played a newly-promoted side from the 2nd division and needed Sa's first-ever penalty save to stop us losing that match and then have played Newcastle minus their best player and with the luck of the documents not coming through for their new striker in time, but didn't deserve to win anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom