Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus some fans almost sound like they are just waiting for Bruno to slip up so they can prove themselves right, how about desperately hoping for a Wolves win tomorrow.
That’s unfair. I can empathise with the feeling of wanting someone to succeed.. but ultimately not believing they’re going to

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate this thread. Every time I see it top of the pile i open with anticipation and hope that he has been fired. What a let down.

(As you can tell, I’m not a fan at all. For me it’s a matter of when not if this pretender is kicked to the long grass)
You really are a ****ing *****.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll get a point off Newcastle but " if" we don't turn up against Bournemouth after their capitulation at Anfield, surely even Bruno's biggest fan will have to question if he's the right man for the job.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all want Bruno to succeed but the lack of goals, ( so far), is a valid concern.
I think we’ll beat Newcastle…….maybe 2-1.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, its time we picked up our act. We are bottom 3 as it stands, not a good look considering we have had such a poor run of form, and only one quality half of football this season in the league. 7 points from our next 3 has to be the bare minimum. I'd get rid of him if he cant get this team to pick up 4 points from the next 2 tbh. And we are still behind a team who have just had 9 goals put past them.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Bruno and have been a staunch defender of his, particularly because he hadn't been backed up until two weeks ago. However, this run can't go on forever and he's got to start picking up wins soon or he'll be in trouble. This group of games starting tomorrow is critical for him I think. An unhealthy return of points/no wins from these next 3 and Fosun may well pull the trigger. He really needs 6-7 points from these 3 at least.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If we just play BrunoBall again Sunday I will despair. He has 2 new exciting and athletic additions who cannot do anything if the ball is just being passed around at snails pace. He has to show that he has a plan and now cos so far he hasn't.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably the best group of players I've ever seen at Wolves, and I'm not sure Lage is the man to get a tune out of them, no doubt he will be under a lot of pressure to start getting results soon not from the fans but from his boss
Part of me thinks that Fosun are using Bruno to attract players. He seems well respected by young Portuguese players. Maybe the thinking is, even if he fails, he'll succeed in attracting players here first.

Derby done something similar when appointing Lampard. I'm sure Everton were thinking the same too.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Bruno and have been a staunch defender of his, particularly because he hadn't been backed up until two weeks ago. However, this run can't go on forever and he's got to start picking up wins soon or he'll be in trouble. This group of games starting tomorrow is critical for him I think. An unhealthy return of points/no wins from these next 3 and Fosun may well pull the trigger. He really needs 6-7 points from these 3 at least.

I do think its nonsense people saying some want him to fail, nobody wants that. Just wanting him to do well though isnt going to be enough, we need results.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really are a ****ing *****.

If not rating and blinding following someone so hopelessly out of his death makes me a ****ing ****. Then yes I am.I won’t be a Bruno disciple or apologist just because you want me too.

The irony of your retort to me is not lost on you in any way you im assuming? Probably makes you, as you so eloquently put in, a ****ing **** too!? Or should I say a foul mouthed, ****ing ****. Either or.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I like Bruno, I think failure to pick up points today or even on Tuesday and I'd say he will be on borrowed time.
He has some unreal players at his disposal and he can't get that team scoring. Something wil have to change.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Bruno, I think failure to pick up points today or even on Tuesday and I'd say he will be on borrowed time.
He has some unreal players at his disposal and he can't get that team scoring. Something wil have to change.

That is fair enough. All I would say is that some of the chances missed really should have been put away. No coach/manager can be at fault when good goal scoring chances go begging.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
That is fair enough. All I would say is that some of the chances missed really should have been put away. No coach/manager can be at fault when good goal scoring chances go begging.
Yeah I get the chances we had we should have scored but it comes down to results and points. Should have got a result against Fulham and Spurs. Next Newcastle,B'mouth and Southampton. We should be maximizing points. I just don't see where the points are coming from if we cannot score.

As for a new manager who we would get in, we need someone who can get the best out of these top players. What about the Sporting manager?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to give him up to the World Cup see what he can do with his team . Seems pointless waiting this long to dump him so quickly into new season. I think he's going the right way so far in switching to a back four.
Saying that i watched the Seville game last night and wouldn't be surprised to see Lopetegui be given the sack soon.

Last edited:

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I've certainly not taken to Bruno yet. But want to. And hope that happens from success on the pitch i've seen promise, and he seems to be well respected in portugal. But he needs wins and soon.

Hoping for a good display today, and i think we can win.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
It's very likely we wouldn't have Guedes or Nunes if it wasn't for Bruno. I can see serious discontent if Fosun get rid early doors

Like the man himself says, have patience and give him time to get the new players gelling
I think Guedes/Nunes were coming whether Bruno was here or not. I'm hoping he does well but these first 6 games are where we should get points and set up for a good season with the added quality we now have. Early doors so let's see what today brings.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very likely we wouldn't have Guedes or Nunes if it wasn't for Bruno. I can see serious discontent if Fosun get rid early doors

Like the man himself says, have patience and give him time to get the new players gelling

I think we all know its more Mendes than Lage why they are here. Its all well and good having patience when you are getting half decent results. When you havent won a premier league game in a long time it throws the patience theory out of the window.

As for there being discontent ( and i presume you mean from the players ) if it survived Nuno leaving, it will survive Lage leaving.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I haven't taken to Lage at all, I don't think he's anywhere near good enough from what he's shown so far. Having said that I do NOT want him to fail, I want us to win as many games as we possibly can. If he turns this horrendous run round and gets us shooting up the table then that's fine by me, I just don't think he has what it takes to do it. I would love nothing more than him proving me wrong as it would mean we're doing well, ultimately that's all I want regardless of who is in charge.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Raul is back, at least while he is on the field there cant be any excuses for a lack of goals. We keep hearing from some people its a lack of a striker thats cost us in the first 3 games. Todays the day, at least while Raul is on the field, if thats the case.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Raul is back, at least while he is on the field there cant be any excuses for a lack of goals. We keep hearing from some people its a lack of a striker thats cost us in the first 3 games. Todays the day, at least while Raul is on the field, if thats the case.

Depends which Raul turns up.
The Raul that has zero confidence, hides from the ball and marks himself out of the game - we might as well have Podence playing target man.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be delighted if Bruno succeeded as he seems a nice bloke who thinks deeply about the game but what I’ve seen so far I have serious doubts. Have we ever come from behind to win under Lage. Whenever we do go behind we don’t seem to be able to get back into games. Very much like McGhee.

We now probably have the most talented squad we’ve had in the Premier League and arguably for 40+ years going back to the 70s. Lage is saying that they won’t be firing on all cylinders until November but I think expect to see evidence of improvement before then, which also includes wins. If not the talent in the squad will surely be attractive to potential managers.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Has he won much? At what level?
Won the league with Salzburg and took them to the SF of the Europa League.

Got Monchengladbach to the knockout stages of the CL.

Took Dortmund to a second placed finish.

His teams tend to score a lot of goals but do concede a fair few as well.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Won the league with Salzburg and took them to the SF of the Europa League.

Got Monchengladbach to the knockout stages of the CL.

Took Dortmund to a second placed finish.

His teams tend to score a lot of goals but do concede a fair few as well.

Sacked by Dortmund after one season. Did well at Monchengladbach, Salzburg and Leipzig

Sounds like he's done well but perhaps to me still too much of an unknown quantity re the Prem.

I dont have any better ideas in all honesty but do think Bruno needs a chance with his players in this new system.

We desperately need goals however, I sincerely hope he can sort it.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Sounds like he's done well but perhaps to me still too much of an unknown quantity re the Prem.

I dont have any better ideas in all honesty but do think Bruno needs a chance with his players in this new system.

We desperately need goals however, I sincerely hope he can sort it.
I don’t follow German football much but a mate of mine does and he was baffled as to why Dortmund sacked him, I suppose a second place finish isn’t to be sniffed at. I wouldn’t be against him managing us if the opportunity ever did arise.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have to have a bit of context in this
Nunes has just arrived,Guedes has played 3 games,both are learning a new country and new system
Raul has played like half a game,we have had no striker as such,not that that is an excuse
The whole team is learning a new system that may or may not work
It all takes time
We probably should be on 7 points given the performances,would anyone be calling for change if we had that tally?
Im not totally convinced by Bruno,but he deserves at least say 10 games to see if he can make this work,if not then we move on

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have to have a bit of context in this
Nunes has just arrived,Guedes has played 3 games,both are learning a new country and new system
Raul has played like half a game,we have had no striker as such,not that that is an excuse
The whole team is learning a new system that may or may not work
It all takes time
We probably should be on 7 points given the performances,would anyone be calling for change if we had that tally?
Im not totally convinced by Bruno,but he deserves at least say 10 games to see if he can make this work,if not then we move on
You are wasting your time, bit like putting a seed in the ground and waiting a day and wondering where the flowers are.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know how Bruno has conspired to go on a longer winless run than Mick or Dave Jones managed in the Prem but hopefully we can finally get the 3 points today and start making some progress with this new look side/system.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how Bruno has conspired to go on a longer winless run than Mick or Dave Jones managed in the Prem but hopefully we can finally get the 3 points today and start making some progress with this new look side/system.
Dave Jones 33 points Mick 38, 40 & 25 points
Bruno first season 51 points.

Back
Top Bottom