Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno made so many mistakes today, from not starting a striker to not making the subs quick enough, and much more.

However, Hoever is a disgrace. He came on against Liverpool and he wasn't ready and it cost us the game.

He came on against Leeds and he wasn't comfortable and we ended up drawing the game.

Bruno's comments suggest Hoever seems to think he deserved to keep his place after Chelsea and that's remarkable considering how Semedo has been this season.

He is not good enough and his attitude is clearly not good enough. An awful signing and someone who shouldn't have a future with us.

Again, that doesn't excuse Bruno but people picking him out on this are wrong. It's time for our players to take responsibility.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just worried about the dressing room spirit right now. I like bruno and can empathize with him in that he wants young players to have the right attitude and work hard in training.

Yes, it could rebound on him now that he singled hoever out. He has been massively let down in the transfer market too and he is frustrated. Was he given certain assurances before he joined?.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moan, moan ****ing moan.
Just send your CV to Jeff Shi or maybe Lostock Gralam is your level.
Where am I suggesting I can do a better job? I'm saying the current incumbent is not up to it, I've been saying it for months because I've not been happy with how we've been playing.

You disagree? You think we've been playing well? Well articulate it then

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you have said this 3 games ago?
Said it three months ago

Almost to the day

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just worried about the dressing room spirit right now. I like bruno and can empathize with him in that he wants young players to have the right attitude and work hard in training.

Yes, it could rebound on him now that he singled hoever out. He has been massively let down in the transfer market too and he is frustrated. Was he given certain assurances before he joined?.

Players don't like their managers having a go in public at them and I think it could spell trouble. Allways been a believer it should be kept in house.

I think Bruno has been promised things that haven't been delivered he's appeared frustrated with transfer dealings all season.

Last edited:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lose 3 games and the knives are out. Fans are pathetic. Very poor atmosphere today, hardly any fight from the fans. I guess it was obvious before a ball was kicked what outcome was likely with Viera's giants in good form and us seriously struggling up front. God help us if the Villa sail past us in a few games time.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he thinks being open and honest is going to gain sympathy and understanding from football fans then he is in for one almighty shock.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lose 3 games and the knives are out. Fans are pathetic. Very poor atmosphere today, hardly any fight from the fans. I guess it was obvious before a ball was kicked what outcome was likely with Viera's giants in good form and us seriously struggling up front. God help us if the Villa sail past us in a few games time.
They’d won 1 in 8

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players don't like their managers having a go in public at them and I thi know it could spell trouble. All been a believer it should be kept in house.

I think Bruno has been promised things that haven't been delivered he's appeared frustrated with transfer dealings all season.
We are talking about the dressing room and results and i think about how well lage did at benfica and then results fell off a cliff as there was issues in the dressing room between senior players and young players. I think they also sold felix which didn't help.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s largely because performances have been **** for most of the season. We’ve been grinding out results, but it’s hardly been good to watch. Take away the results and it’s no wonder people are frustrated.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno pretty much said again he wants more players, in the press interview. He was sold short in January.

People need to remember 1 month ago everyone was raving about him, it’s all so knee jerk. We are a mid table team, we will lose games we expect to win. palace will do exactly the same, Southampton were outside tips for Europe this week, just been tonked by the 1982’s. Look at Everton, they’re in deep doo doo, they’ve got a hugely talented andexpensive squad.

Sad to say I think some Wolves fans give it so much when we are winning, they know they’re gonna get battered off their mates when we lose, and get mardy! Just stay ****ing humble

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
I don’t agree with singling players out, especially younger ones, in the media. It could cause a breakdown in team spirit, it certainly would dent someone’s confidence.

Imagine if we performed poorly at work, because our manager didn’t push us in the right direction, then the manager puts a column in a local news paper slating us and our performance. How would your colleagues feel about it? How would you feel about it?

Deal with issues in house, not in the media.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t agree with singling players out, especially younger ones, in the media. It could cause a breakdown in team spirit, it certainly would dent someone’s confidence.

Imagine if we performed poorly at work, because our manager didn’t push us in the right direction, then the manager puts a column in a local news paper slating us and our performance. How would your colleagues feel about it? How would you feel about it?

Get real loads of us have had managers call us out at work, it’s exactly the same.

There again Clough and Ferguson would do it so it obviously don’t work…….

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Without saying anything to who? Should he have told the press? Or you?
Yeah when a player is dropped for 10 games out of nowhere you'd like to think they'd get more than generic solutions stuff in the press

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where am I suggesting I can do a better job? I'm saying the current incumbent is not up to it, I've been saying it for months because I've not been happy with how we've been playing.

Your qualifications for your barrage of anti Bruno comments are what ?
You continually ****ing complain and moan.
For the record I think Bruno is doing a good job. We are 8th with players he inherited and probably doesn't want them all..
People are complaining about him voicing his displeasure with Hoever today. There are players who need a *******ing, some need a kick up the ****, others need a hug etc, etc. The coach soon works out who falls into which category.
Did you see Hoever against WHU. When dispossessed be didn't try to recover he usually stopped and watched.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get real loads of us have had managers call us out at work, it’s exactly the same.
Really? these days that's called bullying if it's done in a public setting, that's what supervision is for, worldwide broadcast media is a completely different thing

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s largely because performances have been **** for most of the season. We’ve been grinding out results, but it’s hardly been good to watch. Take away the results and it’s no wonder people are frustrated.

We've always ground out results. In that first season, we finished 7th despite a bad record against the bottom teams. Huddersfield were the whipping boys and beat us twice. And the 0-2 home defeat to Palace in that first season was dire - we were even slower than today. Only had 1 dismal shot on target. Burnley 2 Wolves 0, has that appalling Nuno managed performance been erased from history?

Throw in the usual 0-0 draw with Brighton, very late goals in a fair few matches that were petering out to low scoring draws or defeats. We got points against the big clubs by, yep, piling everybody back in defence and waiting for a break. We had better players to play that way. Easy enough to look up the games - 35% possession, half as many shots as the opposition, scraped a narrow win or draw. I guess that we managed to at least look like we belonged on the same pitch (in contrast to our previous efforts and , TBF most promoted teams) has made those performances seem better than they actually were. Remember this one - Chelsea 1 (22 shots) Wolves 1 (2, yes two shots, only one on target) has that "classic" been forgotten?

If you selectively ignore all the dull performances under Nuno and the ground out results and just remember the best matches, then Nuno's team really were Barca in disguise. Only a week ago we had more points than we'd ever had at this stage of a season. Now the manager must be gone and the owners must sell up. The football just isn't as pretty as Nuno's Stylish Invincibles. :DFickle, or what? I think it's that expectation is higher now, much higher it seems. And (this happened under Nuno but goldfish memories forget, we had bad runs then, too) - if we win the next match, all *this* around the current situation will be forgotten.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe he has the midas touch, the players played how they knew and went with that. I think we would be in exactly the same position with him or without him.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your qualifications for your barrage of anti Bruno comments are what ?
You continually ****ing complain and moan.
For the record I think Bruno is doing a good job. We are 8th with players he inherited and probably doesn't want them all..
People are complaining about him voicing his displeasure with Hoever today. There are players who need a *******ing, some need a kick up the ****, others need a hug etc, etc. The coach soon works out who falls into which category.
Did you see Hoever against WHU. When dispossessed be didn't try to recover he usually stopped and watched.

I'm not so much digging out individual players, I'd agree that Hoever was awful last week - but so was Hwang, and arguably our best player last week didn't get a kick today. I don't like the public slating of a player though and think that's a one way route to trouble

You think Lage is doing a good job, that's fine. I feel I've been seeing this car crash coming in slow motion for three to four months

Elford Wolf

Reaction score
I have no issue with a manager calling young players out. KYH has looked disinterested since he came here. If the younger players are not prepared to buy into the mentality that has been created over the last few years, then they rightly need to be outed.

Lage has done a superb job in the circumstances and deserves far more credit than he is being afforded.

We are in for a huge overhaul this summer - Marcal, Saiss, Mout out of contract. Neves and possibly Raul likely to leave, with Traore all but gone. A dose of reality is required. We hit 40 points and safety with 15 games of the season to go. Sometimes we all need to give our head a wobble and just realise where we are and the opportunities we have as a club that are front of us.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? these days that's called bullying if it's done in a public setting, that's what supervision is for, worldwide broadcast media is a completely different thing
Yeah bullying has been eradicated and sugar is now calorie free

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Weren't you the one on here, among others, who laid in to me last season when I criticised Nuno's play? I accept Lage's play has generally been no better than Nuno's but we are several points better off. And also wasn't it about this time last year many on here, not me, were very worried about relegation? It's not been great this season but I'd suggest it's (marginally) better than last?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've done my best not to make any posts in this thread a Bruno vs Nuno thing. But there's no way that Nuno throws Hoever under the bus like that

Lage is struggling, massively. Said it months ago, miles out of his depth in the Premier League and it's beginning to look like it

He was the manager of the month in January and there were many articles in the media saying how good he was.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not so much digging out individual players, I'd agree that Hoever was awful last week - but so was Hwang, and arguably our best player last week didn't get a kick today. I don't like the public slating of a player though and think that's a one way route to trouble

You think Lage is doing a good job, that's fine. I feel I've been seeing this car crash coming in slow motion for three to four months
On 2 December after 14 games we had 21 points. Tonight after a further 13 games we have 19 more points. That's pretty consistent. Not a car crash.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score

There again Clough and Ferguson would do it so it obviously don’t work…….
Exactly my point in your first sentence “called you out at work” so kept “in house”.

Has your manager “publicly” slated you?

I have no issue with any manager giving a player a rocket up your **** should they need it, but in my opinion be careful how you do it.

Referencing Clough and Ferguson - Lage isn’t quite in their league.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe it should act to bolster their attitude towards looking like they give a damn

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly my point in your first sentence “called you out at work” so kept “in house”.

Has your manager “publicly” slated you?

I have no issue with any manager giving a player a rocket up your **** should they need it, but in my opinion be careful how you do it.

Referencing Clough and Ferguson - Lage isn’t quite in their league.
The express and star we like probably pass on that expose, as famous as I am…

They both did it before they were household names, read their autobiographies! But hey Lage has only won one league title so deserves no respect?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't you the one on here, among others, who laid in to me last season when I criticised Nuno's play? I accept Lage's play has generally been no better than Nuno's but we are several points better off. And also wasn't it about this time last year many on here, not me, were very worried about relegation? It's not been great this season but I'd suggest it's (marginally) better than last?
We've got a better squad in terms of fitness than we had last season, and I criticised you for your half time thread in a game we ended up winning

We've failed to score in 90 minutes on a regular basis now, 50% of games. You made a thread about us failing to score in the first 45 minutes of games

Oh for the luxury of being able to moan about not scoring in the first half ;)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without saying anything to who? Should he have told the press? Or you?

It is pretty well known Nuno was poor with young players at the club. Talk that he would pretty much ignore them for weeks.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
The express and star we like probably pass on that expose, as famous as I am…

They both did it before they were household names, read their autobiographies! But hey Lage has only won one league title so deserves no respect?
Respect is a two way thing, he has show a lack of it towards his players tonight. I have no issue with his anger, but if feels the player wasn’t training correctly or intensely enough then not picking him today would have been a better choice, surely?

I was equally as disappointed with both managerial choices and player’s performances today. I just hope his comments aren’t too damaging to our relatively young squad.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Furthermore, I don’t want to get into a debate/argument on here at all. Just wanted to express my opinion on the comments I’d seen.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it should act to bolster their attitude towards looking like they give a damn

Absolutely.

Hoever either:
- sulks now and proves right everything Lage said about him today
- or he works hard and puts it right

Depends if he has any character or not

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On 2 December after 14 games we had 21 points. Tonight after a further 13 games we have 19 more points. That's pretty consistent. Not a car crash.
Who said the car crash has ended?!

Wasn't surprised at how today went, not at all, and that's the biggest problem with it. I wouldn't back us to beat Watford or Everton, I wouldn't back us to win another game this season (we will win games, but I wouldn't try to pick which games we'd win), there's no consistency to us and that boils down to the head coach

Back
Top Bottom