Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Reading it I thought he meant young players in general rather than specifically our young players.

That’s from a different quote I’ve seen though so perhaps not though.
"I have too many kids in my team that don't work the way they should"

As explicit as it gets

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good on him.

Still made plenty of mistakes himself today but he’s right to call Hoever out if he’s not professional enough.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bout time a ****ing manager said it. Too many passengers coasting since we got to the Europe QF. We've had a good run this season but God knows how, we are timid, ****e in front of goal and don't really have a centre midfield outside of one player. Our defence has been bailed out by mostly luck and Sa playing out of his skin

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree with Bruno about Hoever I’ve never been impressed with him but it begs the question why pick him if you feel he isn’t working hard enough for a place in the team? It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if Hoever never plays for Wolves again I just don’t think he’s good enough and according to Bruno he isn’t working hard enough then he should be shown the door. Having said all that Bruno should not be crucifying players in public, that’s poor management.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I agree with Bruno about Hoever I’ve never been impressed with him but it begs the question why pick him if you feel he isn’t working hard enough for a place in the team? It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if Hoever never plays for Wolves again I just don’t think he’s good enough and according to Bruno he isn’t working hard enough then he should be shown the door. Having said all that Bruno should not be crucifying players in public, that’s poor management.
I wonder if any journalist had the balls to ask “why pick him”

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the second successive game he picked the wrong starting line up
Hoever and Marcal should not be in the starting line up and you cannot play Podence up front in the middle
IMO Bruno had lost us 6 points in the last two games
Fuming tonight

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sounds like Bruno has lost the plot.
Time for him to get out of our club.
We can’t have manager blaming young players for getting injured.
If he wasn’t ready then Bruno should t have started him.
Bruno’s words are an embarrassment.
We've heard before that some of the young players don't warm up well during game. I've seen them laughing and dicking around myself at times. If their collective attitude is wrong and he is behind closed doors already said it then I don't mind but if it is out of nowhere then that is poor

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

We've heard before that some of the young players don't warm up well during game. I've seen them laughing and dicking around myself at times. If their collective attitude is wrong and he is behind closed doors already said it then I don't mind but if it is out of nowhere then that is poor
If Bruno and his staff can’t even get players to warm up properly then that says as much about them as it does the players.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is extremely poor man-management. Dont think there is anywhere back for him and possibly Silva. I was surprised at the time that it was Chiquinho who came on, but Bruno's outburst might now explain this.

As cathartic and satisfying as it might be for some after a poor performance, it is never a good sign when this **** goes public. it is nearly always the beginning of the end for somebody. Thought Bruno has been protecting his players recently so this seems quite the departure.

Season in real danger of coming completely off the rails now. His team selection against Watford will be interesting.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. What do you want the coaches to do? Hold his hands through the stretches??

I would expect the coaches to command the respect of the players.

R

reanswolf

Deflection from putting out ****-poor teams the last 2 games. NO spearhead up front - amateurish.
We know midfield is likely to be ****e and overrun - well it has been 90% of recent games.
I think today was the most deflating, disjointed, pathetic excuse of a performance I have seen since Fosun came in.
Its been coming though.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would expect the coaches to command the respect of the players.

I see. So “I don’t like my boss so I’m going to do a half ***** job”?

Great attitude.

I expect the players to do their best for the club, team mates and their fans.

Maybe you’re don’t mind paying a young man many thousands of pounds a week to not even do the basics right.

By all accounts his attitude stinks and his playing ability isn’t much better.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't like the digging out of hooever
I really don't get this...

Lage purposely protects the players for the last few weeks after poor performances by saying they were okay & we did alright in the games - Fans call him out and say he talking ****e

After a 4th consecutive poor performance, he finally gives them the public *******ing they deserve - Fans say he's being too harsh

If Hoever can't be ***** to put in the effort for this club, why should he be protected any longer by Bruno & the coaching staff?? I understand some are combating this by saying, well why was he picked today? Does Lage really have any other option? Jonny has only just come back from back-to-back ACL's and looked off the pace against Arsenal only a week or so ago, it would've been a risk to start him at this stage, so what can he do?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't get this...

Lage purposely protects the players for the last few weeks after poor performances by saying they were okay & we did alright in the games - Fans call him out and say he talking ****e

After a 4th consecutive poor performance, he finally gives them the public *******ing they deserve - Fans say he's being too harsh

If Hoever can't be ***** to put in the effort for this club, why should he be protected any longer by Bruno & the coaching staff?? I understand some are combating this by saying, well why was he picked today? Does Lage really have any other option? Jonny has only just come back from back-to-back ACL's and looked off the pace against Arsenal only a week or so ago, it would've been a risk to start him at this stage, so what can he do?
I just always think those things should stay behind closed doors

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever is basically done for. I wonder if it turns out he isn't injured
Just before he went down Coady looked to be giving him a *******ing too for his poor decision-making.. I wonder if it's something the other players agree on as well? They certainly seemed to just stop bothering to pass the ball to him after around 60-70 minutes against West Ham last Sunday

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did seem concerned at the way Hoever went off the pitch. Jonny was waiting to come on, and Hoever stopped about 10 yards from the touchline. Seemed lazy and like he wanted sympathy.

MontyR

Reaction score
Hoever is basically done for. I wonder if it turns out he isn't injured
Honestly I doubt this behaviour is isolated to our team, nor will it end with Ki.

We’re witnessing a generation that’s grown up trying to impress people they don’t know on Instagram and Tiktok, and have a half-***** attitude to the real life events then. I’m not even too old (only 24), but the amount of my friends who I’ve seen put minimal effort into their careers, and then spend all of their time on social media is crazy. It’s going to be the same with footballers - and unless you have extraordinary talent, if you’re not putting in 100% you’re not going to make it as a premier league player.

Same thing happened with Otasowie and I believe there was even an article on it last week.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe he has spoken to him behind closed doors.

Hoever had a chance to nail down the RWB spot between now and the end of the season. His attitude to things has ****ed that right up for him.
Maybe Bruno has spoken to him in private and he’s been ignored and as much as my heart says tear them a new ******** my head knows Bruno must remain diplomatic and just leave Hoever out of the squad altogether.

Back
Top Bottom