Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we can all agree it's not the side he wants & the summer wasn't the best, but do we need to mention it every 5 seconds?

When things improve I will be fine but I am highly ****ed off after seeing Bruno's comments today. You appoint a new head coach and dont give him the tools to play the system he wants. A total farce.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When things improve I will be fine but I am highly ****ed off after seeing Bruno's comments today. You appoint a new head coach and dont give him the tools to play the system he wants. A total farce.

But do we have to make the same point over and over again? It's literally beating a dead horse. Makes this place unbearable to be honest.

On the latter it seems we do!

Seemingly so :disappointed:

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The over exaggeration and hyperbole right now is ridiculous and some need to just stop posting and log off.

Seven games into the season and in five and a half of them we have been good to very good ffs and but for diabolical reffing we would be sat here now on 5 points and only two defeats. Some people just need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, we are not in any way in some kind of disaster scenario right now.
Thank god for some sanity.

Several on here need therapy.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

To be honest I wouldnt and I would hope Fosun would appoint some top notch people to oversee matters but I presume you think Shi is doing a good job and the squad is in good shape given your sarcastic response?
No. My sarcastic response was to your constant criticism of everything Wolves. Obviously you would be better at the job and should be doing it yourself. Then we could rip the **** out of you without actually knowing what the job entails.

You've got to be one of those constant moaners on Twitter because you sound exactly like a couple of them.
Realistically we've played bad for 1 and a half games and the world is falling in according to you and a couple of the others.

I'm sure you people want the whole Wolves thing to fail, so you can puff your chests out and say "told you".
Have a word with yourselves eh....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think quite a few are frustrated and annoyed at how things are going. Lets hope things improve soon as wins will change the mood and nothing else will.

We desperately need a run of wins which we havent done for yonks now. I pray we can get a win at Southampton.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I just think quite a few are frustrated and annoyed at how things are going. Lets hope things improve soon as wins will change the mood and nothing else will.

We desperately need a run of wins which we havent done for yonks now. I pray we can get a win at Southampton.
Go and kick the cat/dog/budgie/wife/brother/sister etc then. Seeing you and your ilk bleating on here everyday is getting to be a chore to be honest.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. My sarcastic response was to your constant criticism of everything Wolves. Obviously you would be better at the job and should be doing it yourself. Then we could rip the **** out of you without actually knowing what the job entails.

You've got to be one of those constant moaners on Twitter because you sound exactly like a couple of them.
Realistically we've played bad for 1 and a half games and the world is falling in according to you and a couple of the others.

I'm sure you people want the whole Wolves thing to fail, so you can puff your chests out and say "told you".
Have a word with yourselves eh....

Want Wolves to fail? Classic response by a poster who resorts to insults when he doesnt like another posters different view point. I praise when praise is due but I will call out what I see as not being good enough for the club. Clearly you are another one on here who doesnt look at all of my posts and see that I will praise when praise is due but not afraid to say what I feel but that of course means I am desperate for us to fail!

Bruno himself is frustrated and it is clear from his press conference today. I guess he wants us to fail as well eh....

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Want Wolves to fail? Classic response by a poster who resorts to insults when he doesnt like another posters different view point. I praise when praise is due but I will call out what I see as not being good enough for the club. Clearly you are another one on here who doesnt look at all of my posts and see that I will praise when praise is due but not afraid to say what I feel but that of course means I am desperate for us to fail!

Bruno himself is frustrated and it is clear from his press conference today. I guess he wants us to fail as well eh....
Just look at all your posts today. Then get back to me on what you actually look like to the majority on here.
You need to look in the mirror.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does every thread have to descend into this? Find myself coming on here less and less accordingly. Lage has had a bad start but has time to turn it around.

He should have had better tools.

But he doesn't. He needs to be doing better with the tools available.

BUT we have played 5 league games. Too early for any decisions to be made.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just look at all your posts today. Then get back to me on what you actually look like to the majority on here.
You need to look in the mirror.

Majority on here you say. I get on with most on here apart from posters like you that pop up from nowhere and start dishing out insults. Why should I look in the mirror? I praise when praise is due and I will be critical on here if it is warranted and how I feel. That is a forum.

Bruno's press conference has just confirmed to me today that he was let down in the summer but I guess you dont want to here that judging by your aggressive responses to my posts on this thread.

I will leave you to it now.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to do his own thing, otherwise he's going to lose his job.

Whether it's the next two games or six more taking him into the November international break, we need to have got results.

And, to do that, he needs to be his own man. We know he's not someone who has played a back three in his career, so he's doing it now because he feels as though it's forced on him. I kind of understood that to start with. It's something the players were used to, he's made his own tweaks and the performances were good.

Now though, they're not. So, why persist? Do your own thing Bruno, it's your job on the line.

Clearly, that means a four. Yes, we might be vulnerable at the back but we have a front four full of talent. You're a manager that takes risks, and now's the chance.

The way I see it, we're going to concede anyway, so let's be proactive and try to win.

Coady has to go, the single biggest problem right now. Boly & Kilman deserve a chance and then get that exciting front four in the game.
We played with a back four for 45 minutes against Brentford. Those 45 minutes were our worst performances so far.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Majority on here you say. I get on with most on here apart from posters like you that pop up from nowhere and start dishing out insults. Why should I look in the mirror? I praise when praise is due and I will be critical on here if it is warranted and how I feel. That is a forum.

Bruno's press conference has just confirmed to me today that he was let down in the summer but I guess you dont want to here that judging by your aggressive responses to my posts on this thread.

I will leave you to it now.
I saw his press conference, and i can make judgements based on it. I can also make judgements based on the transfer window, and team performances. What i don't need to do every 1.5 seconds is post on here telling people how ****ed off/pleased or any other expletive i am about it. Unlike you do.
Everyone on here knows what you think about the situation. They don't need you to tell them 550 times.
That is my point of you looking in the mirror.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw his press conference, and i can make judgements based on it. I can also make judgements based on the transfer window, and team performances. What i don't need to do every 1.5 seconds is post on here telling people how ****ed off/pleased or any other expletive i am about it. Unlike you do.
Everyone on here knows what you think about the situation. They don't need you to tell them 550 times.
That is my point of you looking in the mirror.
Take a look yourself.
We know your position re JOS - you dont need to tell us 550 times :rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much the same for me here. Feel like there's no point coming on, as sensible & reasonable posters are drowned out by both "happy clappers" & "moaners" alike.

Apologies if I am causing any problems.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played with a back four for 45 minutes against Brentford. Those 45 minutes were our worst performances so far.

Indeed theres nothing wrong with 3 at the back and it can be a very attacking system , as evidenced from the total number of chances we've created this season....... until we start putting the ball in the net we are gonna struggle no matter what system we play...
I couldnt care less if we concede 3 every game aslong as we score 4.

Im also a bit perplexed by those commenting that " we just have to wait til January" ??!
We've just had a transfer window where we had the chance to strengthen , I think its naive to think those issues will suddenly be resolved come January's window.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Does every thread have to descend into this? Find myself coming on here less and less accordingly. Lage has had a bad start but has time to turn it around.

He should have had better tools.

But he doesn't. He needs to be doing better with the tools available.

BUT we have played 5 league games. Too early for any decisions to be made.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this, except to caveat that Bruno has had a bad start results-wise, pretty decent performance-wise.

Biggest concern is the lack of options in the midfield, followed by speed in the back line and finishing of the front three. For whatever reason, they didn't come off in this last window and hopefully, we rectify those things in the next couple of windows starting in January.

I think Bruno is doing fine and the team is taking to his style of play and fighting for him - they just haven't been able to put the ball in the back of the net. I think it's mostly mental - not confident in what they are doing (i.e., the system is not drilled into them yet so that it's second-nature) so they are overthinking during the game. They are also pressing (mentally) and trying too hard (Raul, for example). We really, really need a boost of confidence, some lucky breaks, and a run of wins. This team (and style) can really go on a roll once this happens...

It's too early in the season to have some the thread topics that we have right now. In fact, I can't remember a season in the last four where we've started strongly (maybe last year ironically)...and the team typically goes on runs once that confidence flows.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can all be stoic about Lage, the fact is - he will lose his job if we dont take points.

At the moment we are the softest touch in the Premier League.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is right although I am a tad concerned that Bruno has continued with the reliance on Raul and/ or Traore and this ridiculous short corners. Seems to have gone with what the team is used to except for playing at a higher tempo and aggression to try and score more goals.
I have a bit of a wild theory that maybe its proving hard for Lage to make changes due to some of the senior pros being so respected. Not sure if Moutinho, coady etc rule the roost or if Bruno doesnt have it in him to tell a Portuguese legend what to do.
Pure speculation of course.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a bit of a wild theory that maybe its proving hard for Lage to make changes due to some of the senior pros being so respected. Not sure if Moutinho, coady etc rule the roost or if Bruno doesnt have it in him to tell a Portuguese legend what to do.
I had similar thoughts about Mouts.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

We do when we already have people suggesting Bruno should be on his way soon
I’d like to see Jeff take the pressure of Bruno and make a statement that Bruno will be here for the season.

He won’t, because it would remove his safety net and place responsibility on him (which is where it should be).

I suspect will won’t get much from the next five games and predict that Jeff will give Bruno ‘the dreaded vote of confidence’ in early November.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not saying you’re right or wrong, but in terms of Coady, Bruno has subbed him off as many times in 7 games as Nuno did in 4 years.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Apologies if I am causing any problems.
You are entitled to your views Jos, and we do appreciate that you don't tend to attack other posters. You could maybe rein back on the repetitive nature of some of your contributions though.
:tearsofjoy:
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I have 37 posts total so i doubt what you claimed there...
This may be your first ever registration on here. Equally, you wouldn't be the first 'new' poster to arrive with a pre existing agenda. Posts are not necessarily an accurate reflection of forum history. If you have an issue with another poster to this extent, use the ignore function.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
We do when we already have people suggesting Bruno should be on his way soon
Bruno still has the support of nearly all the fans (there were some that didn’t want him in the first place) and rightly so, but if another 3 or 4 defeats come about, he’ll be out of a job.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points. A few comments were being bandied around about some players not liking the high press game. It’s a shock to go from the way they were set up and played last season to this season. Bruno’s also got a core of players who, as other Mixers have noted, have been in a team that has been regressing over the last 3 years.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go and kick the cat/dog/budgie/wife/brother/sister etc then. Seeing you and your ilk bleating on here everyday is getting to be a chore to be honest.
You could just block him. More moaning posts about the moaning then there is moaners TBH I don’t mind the opinions and think he is a good poster. It all evens out in the end.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno still has the support of nearly all the fans (there were some that didn’t want him in the first place) and rightly so, but if another 3 or 4 defeats come about, he’ll be out of a job.

The ones being out of a job,should be those that chose him and didn't back him when he said he needed more experienced and better players.He is more of less working with the same squad as Nuno had,and he couldn't change them either.Yes I know we now have Hee Chan,and Trincao as options for the forward roles,and we are blessed in those positions.BUT everyone knows where we needed strengthening and we didn't get anyone.We are going over the same ground every time but it's the truth,and ya car blame Bruno for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

This may be your first ever registration on here. Equally, you wouldn't be the first 'new' poster to arrive with a pre existing agenda. Posts are not necessarily an accurate reflection of forum history. If you have an issue with another poster to this extent, use the ignore function.
Absolutely no agenda whatsoever here. I just pointed out to someone who is way more negative than most that maybe he/she needed to look at themselves. I might have a low post count because i don't feel like venting my feelings on a public forum. I doesn't mean i don't read it everyday.

If people want to be negative all the while then maybe a "Your negative thoughts" thread would help. Then people could scroll threads without reams of posts saying Shi Out, Shi's a joke, etc. There is more than 1 of those posters as i'm sure you are aware.

It's a forum yes, and based on that you can have any opinion you choose to. But i bet a fair few get sick of seeing all the negativity, especially as we are 5 games into a 38 game season.
You don't support a team by telling them they are **** all the while. Support is by definition helping them through the tough times, not slagging them off.

It's your sandbox so can do what you like. In the same vein posters who are continually negative are going to receive negative feedback on their posts. It's a forum right?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely no agenda whatsoever here. I just pointed out to someone who is way more negative than most that maybe he/she needed to look at themselves. I might have a low post count because i don't feel like venting my feelings on a public forum. I doesn't mean i don't read it everyday.

If people want to be negative all the while then maybe a "Your negative thoughts" thread would help. Then people could scroll threads without reams of posts saying Shi Out, Shi's a joke, etc. There is more than 1 of those posters as i'm sure you are aware.

It's a forum yes, and based on that you can have any opinion you choose to. But i bet a fair few get sick of seeing all the negativity, especially as we are 5 games into a 38 game season.
You don't support a team by telling them they are **** all the while. Support is by definition helping them through the tough times, not slagging them off.

It's your sandbox so can do what you like. In the same vein posters who are continually negative are going to receive negative feedback on their posts. It's a forum right?
Challenging a post on the basis of its contents, putting forward a reasoned disagreement, is fine. Placing your focus on the poster isn't.
Simply moaning about the presence of negative posts doesn't actually do anything to discredit them.
Its not really up to you whether Jos takes a look at himself or not.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed theres nothing wrong with 3 at the back and it can be a very attacking system , as evidenced from the total number of chances we've created this season....... until we start putting the ball in the net we are gonna struggle no matter what system we play...
I couldnt care less if we concede 3 every game aslong as we score 4.

Im also a bit perplexed by those commenting that " we just have to wait til January" ??!
We've just had a transfer window where we had the chance to strengthen , I think its naive to think those issues will suddenly be resolved come January's window.
Agreed, why do fans automatically think three at the back is defensive? , we have to get the best out of what players we have. Nuno's system got us into Europe, to progress we needed better players in that system not necessarily changing it

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agreed, why do fans automatically think three at the back is defensive? , we have to get the best out of what players we have. Nuno's system got us into Europe, to progress we needed better players in that system not necessarily changing it
We needed to change Nuno's version of a back 3. You can't be as bad with lots of possession and score as few goals as we did and progress. Atalanta version getting far more players in the box is what we should aim for.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We needed to change Nuno's version of a back 3. You can't be as bad with lots of possession and score as few goals as we did and progress. Atalanta version getting far more players in the box is what we should aim for.
I think that, before injuries, is exactly what Nuno intended.

Back
Top Bottom