Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what i thought too
Interesting how our media is being done in-house. E&S reporters have been with us before on pre season
That may be covid related to be fair. In house media can probably travel and bubble with the team, E&S (or any other media) probably couldn’t.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So - a couple of friendlies in - do we know what Bruno's desired style is?

Looks eerily similar to last season insofar as we struggle with 4-4-2 and then come into our own playing the 3 defender systems.

Going forward, we have some nice interplay but still seem toothless.

The goals we conceded tonight seemed to per a lot to pressing the ball high up the field and being caught hideously out of position

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

So - a couple of friendlies in - do we know what Bruno's desired style is?

Looks eerily similar to last season insofar as we struggle with 4-4-2 and then come into our own playing the 3 defender systems.

Going forward, we have some nice interplay but still seem toothless.

The goals we conceded tonight seemed to per a lot to pressing the ball high up the field and being caught hideously out of position
That will probably get better with practice tbf.

My worry is where do the goals come from?

I really hope we don’t buy any more bloody wingers. Trincao just looks like more of the same to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will probably get better with practice tbf.

My worry is where do the goals come from?

I really hope we don’t buy any more bloody wingers. Trincao just looks like more of the same ro
I presume Jimenez - easy to forget just how good he is.

As for Trincao - pre season games are never a good barometer etc. - but he does seem to be a nebulous Wolves winger. Skilful, slight, goes missing, not a huge goal threat.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlike most other managers, Bruno has yet to comment/speak to the press since his arrival for pre-season with no comments offered after 3 pre-season games. Or have I missed them?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlike most other managers, Bruno has yet to comment/speak to the press since his arrival for pre-season with no comments offered after 3 pre-season games. Or have I missed them?
I really don't get why it's supposedly important for the head coach to be speaking to the Press regularly. The Press are only interested in quotes that they can turn into clickbait headlines and the coach isn't going to reveal anything important about his thinking as regards the squad as that would just give ammunition to our upcoming opponents. So really, what is the actual purpose of Bruno doing Press conferences? As far as I can see all it does is allow Press hacks to fill column inches whilst simultaneously getting in the way of Bruno's actual job, i.e. coaching players. When do we ever learn anything truly important by the head coach being interviewed by the media? IMV hardly ever.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't get why it's supposedly important for the head coach to be speaking to the Press regularly. The Press are only interested in quotes that they can turn into clickbait headlines and the coach isn't going to reveal anything important about his thinking as regards the squad as that would just give ammunition to our upcoming opponents. So really, what is the actual purpose of Bruno doing Press conferences? As far as I can see all it does is allow Press hacks to fill column inches whilst simultaneously getting in the way of Bruno's actual job, i.e. coaching players. When do we ever learn anything truly important by the head coach being interviewed by the media? IMV hardly ever.
Fair point overall but I’d very much like to hear how he responds when asked if he was pleased about the performances and especially if he is happy with the lack of transfers.

As you say, he’d probably give a routine answer but he might not. We may just be so used to Nuno’s boring responses that we forget a manager can open up a bit!

Jefoe

Groupie
Reaction score
I presume Jimenez - easy to forget just how good he is.

As for Trincao - pre season games are never a good barometer etc. - but he does seem to be a nebulous Wolves winger. Skilful, slight, goes missing, not a huge goal threat.
I think Iwelumo made a good point on commentary about Trincao. In that he has had to play second fiddle and be selfless at Barca. He needs to remember how to be the main man again like at Braga.
Give him time and he should come good, let’s hope his confidence comes back sooner rather than later.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points but the coach is the connection between club and fans.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points but the coach is the connection between club and fans.
I would argue that the coach has more important things to do on the playing side. Being expected to be the public relations manager for the club simultaneously is frankly just a distraction from his core role and never part of the core skill set of a coach anyway. The club until fairly recently quite sensibly had someone (Laurie) doing the PR stuff but he has gone and hasn't been replaced (why?), so any connection vacuum that is now evident is frankly a Jeff Shi failing.

Of course during the season Bruno will be contractually expected to give interviews to the media (those with broadcasting rights to the EPL demand it) but unless Bruno is naïve and hasn't had any media training (and I sincerely hope neither is the case), these will just be perfunctory set piece occasions which are minimally revealing about anything important going on in training or about playing strategy.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may be covid related to be fair. In house media can probably travel and bubble with the team, E&S (or any other media) probably couldn’t.

I remember Nuno banning the media from his first pre season in Austria iirc.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear from him soon and his views etc. All we have had so far was a two minute clip 7 weeks ago!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear from him soon and his views etc. All we have had so far was a two minute clip 7 weeks ago!
I notice WolvesTV have interviewed players for their views on how pre-season is going, as seen with Semedo and Hoever.
So fans get feed back that way which gives a good insight, and effectively gives an update on how things are going under Bruno.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We did - he took part in a live press conference - it’s on YouTube.

There wasn't a pandemic on at the time. But when it came to preseason training he was silent. It was part of the early tension between the E&S and the club - Spiers and Judah travelled out to the camp and couldn't get an interview.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must be one of the few, I don’t want any sound bites from him. And he’s had hardly any time with his squad to really assess anything to publicly comment.

Much rather see the videos they are releasing of training to get an idea of what they are trying to implement.

There’ll be plenty of time for the routine interviews over the course of the season.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must be one of the few, I don’t want any sound bites from him. And he’s had hardly any time with his squad to really assess anything to publicly comment.

Much rather see the videos they are releasing of training to get an idea of what they are trying to implement.

There’ll be plenty of time for the routine interviews over the course of the season.

Completely agree

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Big interview? My definition of a big interview is one that's not full of meaningless platitudes.

Wolves PR / attitude to fans has been poor of late, so it is important that they are allowed to speak openly and honestly.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Big interview? My definition of a big interview is one that's not full of meaningless platitudes.

Wolves PR / attitude to fans has been poor of late, so it is important that they are allowed to speak openly and honestly.
Not sure Bruno will comment on tickets or season tickets or anything other than the team and his plans

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The Bruno interview will be good. Let's see if he opens up about ins and outs, or is the answer within...
I am quite interested in how open he will be not very I expect knowing how fosun like to conduct transfer business

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am quite interested in how open he will be not very I expect knowing how fosun like to conduct transfer business
I feel he will tow the company line and not give much away to be honest. 'Looking forward to the challenge' type answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom