Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I believe Lage staying .. wants MGW .. Mouts ..Ruddy in first team squad .. 2 to 3 new players to improve squad and for anyone who leaves another replacement .. his words not mine
Looks like it from the E&S article.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What scares me is risking a shed ton of money backing a manager who has looked wide eyed and clueless on the sidelines when things go pear-shaped. Making late and dubious substitutions and then flapping his arms about in the 88th minute telling the team to push forward. Expensive exercise and not one I would risk.
"Wide eyed and clueless" brilliant.

Anyone remember Andy Fairweather Low?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Lage staying .. wants MGW .. Mouts ..Ruddy in first team squad .. 2 to 3 new players to improve squad and for anyone who leaves another replacement .. his words not mine

Quite honestly, we need more like a minimum of 4 players plus replacing whoever leaves. As it is right now, we need a center half, midfielder, wide attacker and a striker.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So with at least 4 leaving, we will need at least 7 new players in. They'll have to get cracking immediately if this is going to happen

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For some reason, a lot of people have been glossing over it, as if it's only the last 2-3 games that have been bad or something.

It's more or less been relegation form since Jan.
If we'd gained the same points but in a more sporadic way, there'd be far less calling for Lage's head.

We'd have been happier with the seasons Brighton and Palace have had I think, with a tangible change of style in Palace's case, which means progress is evident on the pitch.

Our form since February has been very poor. Before February, we had a lot of luck and a GK in the form of his life.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we'd gained the same points but in a more sporadic way, there'd be far less calling for Lage's head.

We'd have been happier with the seasons Brighton and Palace have had I think, with a tangible change of style in Palace's case, which means progress is evident on the pitch.

Our form since February has been very poor. Before February, we had a lot of luck and a GK in the form of his life.

While I agree with the first two points, I think describing the form prior to February as involving a lot of luck is unfair. At first, it was not the most exciting, but got us points. However, as the weeks went by, confidence grew, and the attacking side of our play became more fluid, we were actually looking pretty good for long spells. I’d say we got more than our fair share of poor luck this season, in the form of injuries and “strange” decisions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree with the first two points, I think describing the form prior to February as involving a lot of luck is unfair. At first, it was not the most exciting, but got us points. However, as the weeks went by, confidence grew, and the attacking side of our play became more fluid, we were actually looking pretty good for long spells. I’d say we got more than our fair share of poor luck this season, in the form of injuries and “strange” decisions.
I'll cede that January was pretty good and Spurs away. I'm not budging on my original statement otherwise.

Even v Everton away when they were doomed, they had the better of the first half by a long way. An early second half goal demoralized them.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll cede that January was pretty good and Spurs away. I'm not budging on my original statement otherwise.

Even v Everton away when they were doomed, they had the better of the first half by a long way. An early second half goal demoralized them.
Ok Bill, twice as many shots, a clean sheet, 62% possession away from home but we were “lucky”. If you say so.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok Bill, twice as many shots, a clean sheet, 62% possession away from home but we were “lucky”. If you say so.
On your metrics of shots (preumably on target) and possession how do we compare in last 15 games?:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On your metrics of shots (preumably on target) and possession how do we compare in last 15 games?:
Poor obviously. As Iv said for a long time we have a limited squad. Just saying that’s it nonsense to say we were lucky at Everton.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor obviously. As Iv said for a long time we have a limited squad. Just saying that’s it nonsense to say we were lucky at Everton.
Obviously a game where the team that scored first won, but enjoy your guinness, hopefully we get a new manager next week;. ;)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HELLO SUSIE.you can BEND ME SHAPE ME,WHEN YOU'RE SMILING.or when you're WIDE EYED AND LEGLESS.after that we can have a CHAMPAGNE MELODY,or go to the GUN HOUSE BLUES.where I'll do the LA BOOGA ROOGA.

Come on lads,being owd ay that bad,if ya can deal with all the aches and pains.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're gonna argue we didn't have a huge dollop of luck with results the first half of the season because of one half at Everton in the second half of the season?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. If the players are unhappy at Lage’s plan to go to a four at the back, as the article suggests, then they are telling any new manager that it’s a 5 or the toys are out of the pram!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Interesting. If the players are unhappy at Lage’s plan to go to a four at the back, as the article suggests, then they are telling any new manager that it’s a 5 or the toys are out of the pram!
"That is because, according to Football Insider, Wolves stars are protesting against Lage’s plans to implement a new system."

If this is really the case then it's either the players can't, or don't want to play this way.
Maybe that is why Bruno looks to be staying, and why they maybe look disjointed.
Any job out there if the workers won't do what the boss wants they end up not working there anymore.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're gonna argue we didn't have a huge dollop of luck with results the first half of the season because of one half at Everton in the second half of the season?
You said we were lucky at Everton. We weren’t.

**** luck, you finish where you deserve to.

Norwich are the worst team so they’ll finish last, Man City are the best so they’ll finish top. Same for everyone in between.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said we were lucky at Everton. We weren’t.

**** luck, you finish where you deserve to.

Norwich are the worst team so they’ll finish last, Man City are the best so they’ll finish top. Same for everyone in between.
We were definitely lucky to not be losing to Everton at HT. The early Coady goal in the second half completely changed the game and showed Everton for the frail broken team they had become.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were definitely lucky to not be losing to Everton at HT. The early Coady goal in the second half completely changed the game and showed Everton for the frail broken team they had become.
Noooo. We battered them 1-0. Richarlison missed a good chance but we were in such control.

Our last good performance.

Lage 's last game tomorrow?

Nige

Reaction score
Personally I think he will get the chop in the summer but I’d like him to stay. There’s just something about him I like. I know it’s a polarising opinion to others but I like his personality he has that quiet edge to him (that admittedly can come over as a tad dour). I like his interviews where he isn’t a media darling and probably says more than he should. That was one thing that in the end I couldn’t stand about Nuno (and I adored him) in that he’s a bloke full of charisma and personality but in a 5 minute interview he actually said very little, just lots of cliches and repeat bits that he always said. Always felt at some point Nuno had received some proper media training.
That's all the lame stream media in this country deserve and he knew it.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noooo. We battered them 1-0. Richarlison missed a good chance but we were in such control.

Our last good performance.

Lage 's last game tomorrow?
Here's a whole thread of mixers saying we were great in the second half, can't see any positive remarks about our first half performance. It's not often the mix unilaterally agrees on something.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like he's staying, or at least believes he is, in which case good luck to him. I'm still in the ambivalent camp, but will feel bad for him if he gets the chop after Liverpool as he's not solely responsible for the downshift in form.

There's nothing so broken with the team that can't be fixed by some desperately needed fresh blood in key areas, players that can move the ball quicker and with more positivity, someone who can take effective set pieces, and - this is where Lage falls or rises - more focus on playing the ball through the middle of the bloody pitch instead of the singular strategy of cycling it out to the wings and then faltering because that's so easy to defend against.

I really hope we can build something around Gibbs-White and Neto in front of a steely midfield, and give it a proper go next season with a creativity from the middle instead of that relentless, aching, mile-wide gap between the halfway line and the box. If Lage doesn't address that, he will simply fail. It does no one any good to pretend that the last three months haven't been atrocious, and in ten weeks time we start from scratch again, likely without our best player of the Fosun era, and with no momentum apart from freefall. Massive summer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Nuno should have walked as well then. We would be changing managers every transfer window since 2019 if that were the case.

We wouldnt be changing management that often at all.

Nuno probably did walk as well. I doubt he would tolerate Shi and Sellars trying to control transfers so thats why they parted ways.

Back
Top Bottom