Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
“Smelly pants”? How old are you? …….actually, don’t tell me as the answer will only make me feel sad for you or confirm my suspicions.
I will leave it there, o erudite one.
Come on man, I’m still waiting for you to confirm what your suspicions of me are. I’m very intrigued.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would Fosun get rid of Lage? He's doing exactly what’s asked of him. Keeping us safely in midtable without spending much.

Now obviously Nuno wasn't sacked because Fosun were ambitious and wanted a more attacking coach. In that case they'd backed him to implement his style of play.

No what's quite obvious now is, that Nuno was sacked because he was difficult to work with, not being happy with the plans of having to sell to buy last summer.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would Fosun get rid of Lage? He's doing exactly what’s asked of him. Keeping us safely in midtable without spending much.

Now obviously Nuno wasn't sacked because Fosun were ambitious and wanted a more attacking coach. In that case they'd backed him to implement his style of play.

No what's quite obvious now is, that Nuno was sacked because he was difficult to work with, not being happy with the plans of having to sell to buy last summer.
If Fosun got rid of Bruno, I am not sure if I would be staggered by their ambition, or worried about their ignorance .

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not calling for his head but I’ve never thought he was anything better than good……a good coach, not very good or great…..just good., average. Seen too many games to think otherwise.
Podence has been carrying Bruno a lot of the season.
Sorry but I don't see Podence as the answer. A bench option and a good squad player, if we were in Europe. A lightweight forward who gives away the ball too often and drifts in and out of games at times. Better than Hwang or Trincao? Yes. But that is not a high bar.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if managers who can take non-elite European clubs into the top 6 are ten a penny. Not even that. The only manager whose dented the Sky 6 in 20 years was Ranieri at Leicester. And that had a lot of luck as the Sky 6 were all in transition seasons at the same time. Moyes has done well, but West Ham started from a much higher level than us.

Where is this manager with a track record of taking unfashionable clubs into the top 6? Brian Clough? A bit late for him, sorry.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if managers who can take non-elite European clubs into the top 6 are ten a penny. Not even that. The only manager whose dented the Sky 6 in 20 years was Ranieri at Leicester. And that had a lot of luck as the Sky 6 were all in transition seasons at the same time.

Where is this manager with a track record of taking unfashionable clubs into the top 6? Brian Clough? A bit late for him, sorry.
The answer was on the terrace today apparently. In fact there was quite a few who could see what the problem was and how to solve it. Dunno why the club cast their net across Europe, just look at the gold season ticket list

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer was on the terrace today apparently. In fact there was quite a few who could see what the problem was and how to solve it. Dunno why the club cast their net across Europe, just look at the gold season ticket list

Fosun are far from perfect and Bruno and the team often infuriate me. But when I read the comments on here (including my own!), it makes me so glad that they are in charge and not us. Seriously, though, I think there is a ton of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
“Smelly pants”? How old are you? …….actually, don’t tell me as the answer will only make me feel sad for you or confirm my suspicions.
I will leave it there, o erudite one.
Still waiting. Come on VC stop being spineless and confirm your suspicions about me.
If you’re big enough to post the above at least have the balls to let me know what you think I am.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno said he had seen this type of game many times this season from Wolves
pity he can`t do anything about it.
This to me is the biggest problem. Either no one’s learning and/or we keep repeating the same mistakes. What are we doing in training to correct this and the lack of goal scoring. We keep getting told they’re working hard but they’re not working smarter because nothing changes. When things are going well Lage is good but as was seen at Benfica when it goes wrong he seems clueless as to how to change things.

He reminds me a lot of McGhee and particularly Colin Lee. Both produced teams who could compete but they would bottle it by losing or drawing against Grimsby or the such like. Both were promoted above their ability or best role. We had a great opportunity to get into Europe, The opposition are being as helpful as possible and we’ve blown it. We either need a radical overhaul of the team or the management. Or both.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how secure he will be at the end of the season if the performances, results and tactics mirror the last couple of games?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of Gerrard's recent interviews have done anything to suggest that he has a brilliant footballing brain either - just cliche after cliche, and gently directing any blame at his players rather than himself.

Shock news - Gerrard and lampard not as good managers as they’ve been made out to be

Jury still out on viera for me - desperately poor without Gallagher in FAC SF

Fair play to Rooney sticking at it at lower level and in trying circumstances

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today has turned me it's time to say goodbye to Bruno I feel. The way he has let the side capitulate at the end of the season has finished him. Make it quick Jeff.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Shock news - Gerrard and lampard not as good managers as they’ve been made out to be

Jury still out on viera for me - desperately poor without Gallagher in FAC SF

Fair play to Rooney sticking at it at lower level and in trying circumstances
Palace have a few more points than Burnley. Underrated how **** they are

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his shoes right now, I would attack shi/fosun by saying the **** performances are due to not being backed in the transfer windows as promised. I would be looking to be sacked before the next game so as not to have to face the fans and take a nice holiday with my compensation before looking for a new job as a road sweeper.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We need more than the Neves money to rebuild this squad.

We need to replace:

Boly, Coady, Saiss, Moutinho, Neves, Raul, and Donck at a minimum in the summer.

70M won't stretch far.
Coady won't go, problem is we owe a lot more in transfer fees already then we are due so we have to pay the piper on them as well.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Games like that cost jobs. City is a free hit but anything other than 3 points against Norwich will be inexcusable.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Games like that cost jobs. City is a free hit but anything other than 3 points against Norwich will be inexcusable.
Don’t expect another win . They have had the stuffing kicked out of them by summer transfer speculation .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the team selections and tactics Lage is making l have serious doubts that we will get another point this season. Today was utterly woeful.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I can see us in the relegation battle next season if Bruno is still around.
Everyone said that this season(!) Maybe you're right though. Look what has happened at Burnley since they got a new man in. And Newcastle (although the new managers couldn't do much work).

I'm looking forward to next season now though. With the exception of watching Everton and hoping they lose, football feels like it's run its course this season now

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just grabbed this Bruno quote off twitter. ' We spend 80% of training working on the attack' Bloody hell. Would love to know what they do as it clearly doesnt work one bit!

T

TheConcourse

As if managers who can take non-elite European clubs into the top 6 are ten a penny. Not even that. The only manager whose dented the Sky 6 in 20 years was Ranieri at Leicester. And that had a lot of luck as the Sky 6 were all in transition seasons at the same time. Moyes has done well, but West Ham started from a much higher level than us.

The consensus amongst friends is that Europe would be amazing, but being entertained in the Premier League is the priority.

Dr’s around the world are starting to prescribe Wolves TV instead of Valium FFS.

Back
Top Bottom