Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno is not the man.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slag me and abuse me all you like but Lage is not the man to take us forward.

7 defeats in 12 and most down to really really bad team selections and especially substitutes, just poor.

As nice a fella as he seems, so many games have been screaming for changes way earlier and with different players.

Why have we signed Chiquinho if he cannot get a game in front of Trick Cow.

Come on guys Ffs.

Every week since Jan it has promised so much, and 27 points lost to teames below us!

Not the man.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff shi is not the man more like

Not one signing to support Bruno. Disgraceful

Bruno has done incredibly well, getting us to 8th (with a lot of help from sa), changing round moutinhos performances, and making us better on the ball with a more aggressive back 3.

We have a terrible way of attacking however and the forward players are nowhere near good enough / not suited fo this system.

The system fails to score goals because the centre midfielders aren’t mobile enough and front 3 are all generally weak players who lose possession.

Bruno is the lowest paid manager in the premier league and whilst he has done better than others , it sums up the cheap attitude fosun have towards the first team.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

7 defeats in 12 and most down to really really bad team selections and especially substitutes, just poor.

As nice a fella as he seems, so many games have been screaming for changes way earlier and with different players.

Come on guys Ffs.

Every week since Jan it has promised so much, and 27 points lost to teames below us!

Not the man.
I’m not going to slag you I think you could be right.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we got rid of Nuno after what he did, Bruno is expendable for sure if a better option comes along. Can't see it happening though.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa made our results look better than our performances, but as usually xG evens out over time and this is just the adjustment (be it in a pretty brutal way).

The team lacks quality in midfield and going forward, and no manager is going to magically solve that without changing the players.

Such a shame because Europe was there for the taking and we've just thrown it away.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is doing himself no favours at all the last two games where his in game management has been a shambles along with his tactics. We are dull as dishwater to watch and entirely predictable. I wonder whether we will get another win this season now.

He hasnt been backed properly but he can do a lot better than the last two games where I am sorry but he has been really poor and that is worrying. Six defeats in nine now. Europe? No chance with these tactics.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff shi is not the man more like

Not one signing to support Bruno. Disgraceful

Bruno has done incredibly well, getting us to 8th (with a lot of help from sa), changing round moutinhos performances, and making us better on the ball with a more aggressive back 3.

We have a terrible way of attacking however and the forward players are nowhere near good enough / not suited fo this system.

The system fails to score goals because the centre midfielders aren’t mobile enough and front 3 are all generally weak players who lose possession.

Bruno is the lowest paid manager in the premier league and whilst he has done better than others , it sums up the cheap attitude fosun have towards the first team.
Hwang?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
**** off Bruno. You’re a clueless, reactive coward of a manager. Your tactics and substitutions are an absolute joke. Fabio Silva our best forward today and somehow he’s the first one off, when Hwang’s been rolling on the floor all match and walking around looking disinterested. Shameful performance. We had two weeks off and Burnley literally played on Thursday, and they looked more up for it than we did.

We’ve seen it all season that Bruno doesn’t have a plan B. Remember Trincao at left wing back? He literally has no clue. He’s a reactive manager, and a bad one at that. He doesn’t make any changes to fix things or to get a foothold in the game. He only takes action when we’re behind and these changes aren’t even the correct calls most of the time.

We’re going nowhere under Bruno. If we make Europe, it’ll be due to José Sá’s early season heroics. It’ll be despite Bruno’s moronic managerial methods.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reactive instead of proactive
Constantly makes strange subs
Timing of subs
Plays Hwang on the wing constantly
Strange team selections
Unable to claw back games when behind.

Anymore flaws?

Last edited by a moderator:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage doesn't do himself any favours but its the Nuno problem: how can the manager do what he wants to if he doesn't have the players at his disposal? Shi and Fosun have pulled the funding plug under the guise of self sufficiency and now we have to shut up and be happy about it apparently.
We have good enough players to be at least 8th. Lage can be excused for Raul not being the same and for our inability to score with our present players. However Hwang was signed for him to improve that. He's been absolutely dreadful. And Bruno has failed with team selection and crucially with being unable to change tactics during games.
Can he be trusted to rebuild our team? Where's the evidence, please

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Come on guys Ffs.

Not the man.
I believe he is a good coach and badly let down by certain players and Shi.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knee jerk reaction from you @The Fat Bloke !!

Bruno has done wonders for our Wolves team to get us to "8th" in the PL..

Considering he hasn't been backed by Shi & Fosun in transfer windows at all since he's been here!!
He has proven international players and a team that has performed consistently well in the Premier league, apart from when we lost Raul. We have excellent players at Wolves. He is not getting them to play to their ability.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of his sub decisions and team selections have been really questionable but I'm happy to see what he can do after a few transfer windows to mould his team (providing Fosun actually back him).

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for and all that, compared to fairly recent times things aren’t too shabby, BUT, there’s something just not quite right it seems to me.

I’ve nothing against Lage, he’s doing better than I’d anticipated, but I’m hugely ambivalent to him and don’t feel huge faith that he’s the man for the job long term.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An objective view is that the performances are down to him. The team selections are down to him. The substitutions are down to him.

So he has to be accountable for this and he does for when things go right.

Yes he wasn’t backed in either window but the things at the beginnnng of my post remain irrespective of the players.

He will take criticism and deserves too. We are way too predictable in many ways.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True mate but facts are facts.

As **** as it seems we have lost so many points due to bad choices by the gaffer.

But we are clear in 8th place. In my opinion that should give Bruno a decent transfer window, where he gets to bring in some players, so he can stamp his identity.
A back to form Neto, Jiminez and Neves back fit would have seen us get 6th. The problem is, we have no depth, so when we do get injuries , we come unstuck.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Come on guys Ffs.

Not the man.
Hes been found, has no answers, never did have them.

So long, he's the Portuguese Puel.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knee jerk reaction from you @The Fat Bloke !!

Bruno has done wonders for our Wolves team to get us to "8th" in the PL..

Considering he hasn't been backed by Shi & Fosun in transfer windows at all since he's been here!!
Knee jerk? Man I have been thinking this for a while, his game management and selections and especially subs are so bad this season.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst he’s a good coach his in game management is really poor - he either needs to bring someone in to help him with this or accept that he’s a good number 2 and step aside for someone better.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone pointed out on another thread that this is a taster of life without Neves.

Lage just about deserves his chance to make changes in the summer. Whether he gets through to Christmas is another story.

Back
Top Bottom