Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bristol City tickets

Reaction score
Any idea when tickets are likely to go on sale for Bristol City game? Website has port vale info but nothing for the Bristol game?

A

andyc225

Apparently they're setting up a new ticketing system and they've not released any tickets yet.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be going to this - any idea of the number of tickets we'll get?
How many did we get last season?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any further info on this people? If not may ring City to find out what's going on - game less than 4 weeks away! Plans to make!

J

Jack

Any further info on this people? If not may ring City to find out what's going on - game less than 4 weeks away! Plans to make!

The match isn't going to be moved so plan away. We'll get a minimum of 1700, but can be upped to go around the corner and into side. Probably up to 3k.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I've gone to Bristol City before I have driven but I am thinking of making a bit of a day of it (ie. going to a few pubs) so may go by train. How easy/difficult is it to get to the ground from Temple Meads? Any advice appreciated.

J

Jack

When I've gone to Bristol City before I have driven but I am thinking of making a bit of a day of it (ie. going to a few pubs) so may go by train. How easy/difficult is it to get to the ground from Temple Meads? Any advice appreciated.

It's a good 30 minute plus walk from Temple Meads, but just a ten minute taxi ride. Lots of great bars in the city so we're training it in

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start The Bus is good fun as is Brewdog and there's a cracking gastro pub just up from them too.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a good 30 minute plus walk from Temple Meads, but just a ten minute taxi ride. Lots of great bars in the city so we're training it in

Cheers mate.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's start the bus?? Brewdog's a good bar but they're everywhere now. I agree its a top city though.

I'd recommend walking the 10 mins into the centre drinking there, then getting a taxi to Ashton Gate cos its a bit of a trek. Im tempted by this one, wont be easy cos they'll be wanting to bounce back up like we do, plus a decent manager there now.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find that hard to believe. Not that I'm calling you a liar.

It's probably Bristol's corrupt turnstiles that stopped counting. How many times has Molineux been full and the official attendance was 25,000?

W

WasStefan

Yea wouldn't advise walking. Just get a taxi straight from temple meads. We walked back to the station after the game, took us at least 30 mins, more of a power walk though so if you're a slow walker it could take you upwards of 45 mins.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably Bristol's corrupt turnstiles that stopped counting. How many times has Molineux been full and the official attendance was 25,000?

Yep. Maybe they didn't count tickets on the door but there was more than 2,000 there.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to meet some of you guys just to put faces to names. Nearer the time perhaps a meet could be arranged at a bar somewhere?

B

BigBadWolf

Seemed like there was more than 2000 there last year. still gutted I'm going to miss it this year, easy game for me and was so good last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Bristol was a great away mate and hope to make it again this year.....holidays and family events permitting

B

Benji

It's not too bad a walk from the station. It's impossible to get lost on the way.

I live 5 minutes from the stadium so if anybody wants any pub advice, don't hesitate to shout.

I see NWW using the advice I've given him before :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm home tomorrow - I'm going to ring City and find out what's going on.

J

Jungleee

That's me corrected! Felt like and sounded like a lot more than that...

It did indeed. To Bristol's credit, their section of home fans on the opposite side of the segregation were pretty decent too considering the scoreline.

W

WasStefan

It did indeed. To Bristol's credit, their section of home fans on the opposite side of the segregation were pretty decent too considering the scoreline.

Yup. In the second half we were right along the segregation. Their fans were very loud.

N

Notposh

come out of Temple Mead station cross the road and turn right keep following the road until you come to the second grommet statue by some sort of church turn left there go over the crest of the hill and the busstop there get a bus to Ashton Gate hope this helps

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just tried to see if I could get a Bristol ticket via the OS. Cannot book one yet as I don't have an away ST? As I understand it there are 2,200 tickets available for this game - FFS you'd think a 3rd Division club would be biting my hand off to sell me a $$$$ing ticket for this game?! Football just makes me sick.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just tried to see if I could get a Bristol ticket via the OS. Cannot book one yet as I don't have an away ST? As I understand it there are 2,200 tickets available for this game - FFS you'd think a 3rd Division club would be biting my hand off to sell me a $$$$ing ticket for this game?! Football just makes me sick.

I think this game will sell out pretty quickly however (good away day last year) so I understand the need to stagger sales...that said I don't know how many away ST holders we have but it can't be too many.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this game will sell out pretty quickly however (good away day last year) so I understand the need to stagger sales...that said I don't know how many away ST holders we have but it can't be too many.
Agreed, there can't be 2,200 ASTs so a stupid and arbitary rule that just fo us fans.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticket bought, train sorted...bring it on.

Now we need the pub recommendations.

westside wolf

Reaction score
Now we need the pub recommendations.

What are you looking for? Beer/Food/Both? Family friendly etc? Quite a few decent pubs near to the ground but i'm not entirely sure which ones are safe for away fans - or for that matter actually welcome football fans. I'd assume most pubs on the Southville/Bedminster/Ashton side are all City pubs. Tobacco Factory is a few minutes from the ground and has great food and beer but its a family place really so bear that in mind. Pump House has really good food and half decent beer but its pretty pricey. Nova Scotia and The Cottage are close and would probably be ok. They're fairly cheap for Bristol but that's not saying much compared to prices in Wolves!. Lots of good pubs around the City Centre too but you've still got a fair walk to the ground from there unless you fancy catching the Ferry or a bus.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you looking for? Beer/Food/Both? Family friendly etc? Quite a few decent pubs near to the ground but i'm not entirely sure which ones are safe for away fans - or for that matter actually welcome football fans. I'd assume most pubs on the Southville/Bedminster/Ashton side are all City pubs. Tobacco Factory is a few minutes from the ground and has great food and beer but its a family place really so bear that in mind. Pump House has really good food and half decent beer but its pretty pricey. Nova Scotia and The Cottage are close and would probably be ok. They're fairly cheap for Bristol but that's not saying much compared to prices in Wolves!. Lots of good pubs around the City Centre too but you've still got a fair walk to the ground from there unless you fancy catching the Ferry or a bus.

Cheers Westside.

Decent ale and a bit of character. Good food is always a bonus but we will probably go for the big breakfast option before we hit the pubs.

No kids with us on this trip so family friendly is not an issue. Will probably try a few in the city centre and then head in the direction of the ground.

If we were to walk part way to the ground are there any decent pubs on the way?

westside wolf

Reaction score
Cheers Westside.

Decent ale and a bit of character. Good food is always a bonus but we will probably go for the big breakfast option before we hit the pubs.

No kids with us on this trip so family friendly is not an issue. Will probably try a few in the city centre and then head in the direction of the ground.

If we were to walk part way to the ground are there any decent pubs on the way?

If you walk from the City Centre past City Hall then there's a great little pub crawl you can do on the way to the ground. Three Tuns is the Arbor Ales brewery tap and they have a great selection of cask and keg ales with the best sandwiches in Bristol by a guy called Meatandbread http://meatandbread.co.uk/ . From there stop in at The Bag of Nails - another great little pub with great beer. Next stop would be the Grain Barge - opposite the SS Great Britain and Bristol Beer Factory's flagship pub. Beyond there you could call in at The Merchant Arms - a tiny Bath Ales pub with great beer again, or the Cottage or the Nova Scotia. There's a map on here with part of the route and a write-up on a few of the pubs
http://bluegiantbeer.co.uk/2012/09/08/pub_crawl/

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you walk from the City Centre past City Hall then there's a great little pub crawl you can do on the way to the ground. Three Tuns is the Arbor Ales brewery tap and they have a great selection of cask and keg ales with the best sandwiches in Bristol by a guy called Meatandbread http://meatandbread.co.uk/ . From there stop in at The Bag of Nails - another great little pub with great beer. Next stop would be the Grain Barge - opposite the SS Great Britain and Bristol Beer Factory's flagship pub. Beyond there you could call in at The Merchant Arms - a tiny Bath Ales pub with great beer again, or the Cottage or the Nova Scotia. There's a map on here with part of the route and a write-up on a few of the pubs

That's great. Much appreciated. Thank you Westside.

A

andyc225

Sounds good, thanks for the suggestion mate.

D

Deleted member 4309

Just went to book Bristol city tickets and there are two options. Seating and unreserved seating. What does that mean. Also anyone know the coach prices because it wasn't coming up on the official wolves travel.

B

Big George

Just went to book Bristol city tickets and there are two options. Seating and unreserved seating. What does that mean. Also anyone know the coach prices because it wasn't coming up on the official wolves travel.

There is no seat numbers in the away end, you just sit where you want.

Coach is £15 (https://www.wolves.talent-sport.co....ProductTravel.aspx?ProductSubType=TRVL&Page=2)

At V Festival this year so got to miss it but was a good craic last season, decent Spoons round the corner from the train station, anyone on the train there is a bus outside the ground what goes straight back to Temple Meads for a couple of quid, think it's more for the home fans but if not in colours just jump on as finding a taxi could be bit of ballache and it's bit of a walk back.

Back
Top Bottom