Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bristol City Not Kicking the Ball Out Except for Head Injuries

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with this, too many ****house teams going down with injuries to waste time.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's great

They did try to bring it in for every team years ago, but gradually over time teams would plead and moan to the opposition to kick it out. It was after the South Africa World Cup. For me, kicking the ball out ruined that World Cup. Players were constantly feigning injury and stopping the game. That and the vuvuzelas.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can envisages a sudden dramatic increase in the number of head injuries in games against Bristol or am I being too cynical

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Isn’t that the rule anyway, you don’t kick the ball out, the ref stops it if he needs to.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It's supposed to be the rule but players go mental and stop playing if the opposition don't kick it out
I remember the Leeds Villa thing last season. Just find it odd Bristol writing to the other clubs basically saying “we’re gonna follow the rules”

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Rugby League physios are allowed to come on and treat players in back play. The ref will stop the game if it’s a serious injury or an area that will affect the play.

Always felt that that could be brought into football to speed the game up (especially for cramp injuries).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
In Rugby League physios are allowed to come on and treat players in back play. The ref will stop the game if it’s a serious injury or an area that will affect the play.

Always felt that that could be brought into football to speed the game up (especially for cramp injuries).

I think the game moves too fast and then there's the whole offside thing, is a player receiving treatment active what does he have to do to resume play? Cramp does my head in. How is that even classified as an injury, hobble off?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the game moves too fast and then there's the whole offside thing, is a player receiving treatment active what does he have to do to resume play? Cramp does my head in. How is that even classified as an injury, hobble off?
I think maybe if the player had to walk to the touchline and be called back on before taking part in the game again it could work. In RL the ref stops the game if the play goes back towards the injured player.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. While we are at it, Bring the drop ball back as well instead of giving the ball back to those cheating *******s feigning injury.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More Suprised it hasn’t be raised yet how Johnson berated us as cheats for not giving the ball back a few seasons ago

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the Leeds Villa thing last season. Just find it odd Bristol writing to the other clubs basically saying “we’re gonna follow the rules”

Might just be to highlight the issue publicly, and to remind everyone that those are actually the rules!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can he explain this in minute detail to Eddie Howe please.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's supposed to be the rule but players go mental and stop playing if the opposition don't kick it out

Slightly off topic but I remember the Leeds players stopping when their fans threw a ball on the pitch at Molineux. Unfortunately for them our players didn't. One of my favourite Wolves goals, purely for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom