Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Vs Palarse postponed

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw that. Surely matches have gone ahead on previous train strike days? Why is this game different? You could practically walk to Brighton from South London!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw that. Surely matches have gone ahead on previous train strike days? Why is this game different? You could practically walk to Brighton from South London!
One of biggest problems with Brighton is that unless you park and ride or cycle, the train is pretty much the only other option.
There is absolutely no parking nearby apart from park and ride.
Even Brighton fans find it hard to get to unless by train/bike

D

Deleted member (smith)

Was postponed before the Chelsea announcement.... But that ruins the conspiracy theories
Exactly …Brighton play at a purpose build stadium next to the university of Sussex at Falmer way outside the city …extra trains are put on because 5here is no other transport.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to train strikes, match had been cancelled.

It had been asked if they could use coaches instead, but Brighton don't have one.....
Ground was built on the basis that a big proportion of the fans would get there by public transport. That's why free public transport is included in the ticket cost.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buses? Worked amazingly bringing 30k fans at Commonwealfh Games. I accept the fans we’re not tanked up or playing local rivals but….

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Buses? Worked amazingly bringing 30k fans at Commonwealfh Games. I accept the fans we’re not tanked up or playing local rivals but….
Can't organise that at 10 days notice.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ground was built on the basis that a big proportion of the fans would get there by public transport. That's why free public transport is included in the ticket cost.
Yep it's great for me, I get free transport from almost outside my house

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah yes buses... Not going to happen down here unless agreed 5 years in advance and written in blue blood on unicorn skin.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As others have commented, the train is absolutely critical for getting to Brighton. The majority of fans use it to reach the ground, and it’s miles from Brighton town centre or the park and ride locations. No significant parking available close to the ground by default to encourage use of public transport.

Back
Top Bottom