Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton v Wolves comms thread.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come visit the rusty bike all are welcome beer for everyone. Heartttt of the east end. Used to hear the bow bells from here.Wolves ay we
Having lived in the Smoke since the mid-80s l was wondering what the hell "rusty bike" was, thinking ****ernee slang.....

Google is your friend... It's an actual pub lol....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s hammers area but not as much as it used to be. More of the upper class have moved in. The coborn is a nice place for drinks and nibbles. Enjoy life while you can folks. David Icke has warned of WW3 by the end of the year.
I'm talking about the 70's although I have been back since when we played the Hammers at Upton Park in the FA Cup.
On that last occasion the pub we went in (which is no more) had shifty clientele dressed for yesteryear in cherry reds and Ben Sherman. There was even a shrine to Peters, Hurst and Moore.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After that 2nd half you still don't feel we need a no 9? If we had a decent striker we would have won that 2 or 3 nil.
I honestly don't. The reason we get these chances, is because we invite pressure then break from deep. It would massively change the way we play, in my opinion for the worse.

Buy more fast , technical players to help us freshen up as the game goes on and I'll be happy.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I honestly don't. The reason we get these chances, is because we invite pressure then break from deep. It would massively change the way we play, in my opinion for the worse.

Buy more fast , technical players to help us freshen up as the game goes on and I'll be happy.
This is spot on. We do need a back up striker to cover injuries and suspensions but it is the strikers we have who are integral to creating the many chances that we do. We also score a fair few of them, scoring hasn't been an issue this season. We just had a bad night in front of goal last night. Lots of people were calling for Fraser to come on for Cunha, but Cunha's speed, creativity, ability to carry the ball forward, and ability to keep up with the likes of Neto / Hwang is key. Fraser just doesn't have the speed or technical ability to do what Cunha or Neto do. He's learning the game and fine to bring on when we are chasing a game or dominating possession (like Brentford in the cup replay), but not in a situation like last night when we are stretching the game and countering a team who are dominating possession.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is spot on. We do need a back up striker to cover injuries and suspensions but it is the strikers we have who are integral to creating the many chances that we do. We also score a fair few of them, scoring hasn't been an issue this season. We just had a bad night in front of goal last night. Lots of people were calling for Fraser to come on for Cunha, but Cunha's speed, creativity, ability to carry the ball forward, and ability to keep up with the likes of Neto / Hwang is key. Fraser just doesn't have the speed or technical ability to do what Cunha or Neto do. He's learning the game and fine to bring on when we are chasing a game or dominating possession (like Brentford in the cup replay), but not in a situation like last night when we are stretching the game and countering a team who are dominating possession.
Interesting. I didn't think Cunha was that great last night tbh. From memory Neto put 2 or 3 balls right across goal and Cunha hung back where as a predatory no 9 would have stuck them away. I'm going to watch the 2nd half back now so perhaps I'll change my mind!

Back
Top Bottom