Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton - Pre Match Thread

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Kashmire Hawker and @JadeWolf

Time’s a ticking. Come on, sort yourselves out. This New Year delay is not a good omen.

Tick, tock, tick, tock ....

I am here and well, on this cold New Year's Saturday! A lie in til 9am, is my reason for delay this morning ;)

A New Year, gives us new opportunities and today is an ideal place to start. Yes - Brighton are one of our bogey teams (3 draws and a loss since Promotion) and a trip to the AMEX will be tricky, but with 4 days rest this time and no doubt a lot of reflections gone through, Nuno and his men have a decent shot of nailing 3 important points.

Seeing Villa lost last night, again gives us a platform to close that gap and based on our last two performances (Spurs which was a deserved draw and United being painfully unlucky), I hope we maintain that progression seen and with the Seagulls scrapping for there lives, we should with our strength be able to beat Potters men at the 5th attempt.

Fingers crossed for a terrific 2021 and may today be it's start, with hopefully the lineup, not being too simular to Mid-Week!

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score
I am here and well, on this cold New Year's Saturday! A lie in til 9am, is my reason for delay this morning ;)

A New Year, gives us new opportunities and today is an ideal place to start. Yes - Brighton are one of our bogey teams (3 draws and a loss since Promotion) and a trip to the AMEX will be tricky, but with 4 days rest this time and no doubt a lot of reflections gone through, Nuno and his men have a decent shot of nailing 3 important points.

Seeing Villa lost last night, again gives us a platform to close that gap and based on our last two performances (Spurs which was a deserved draw and United being painfully unlucky), I hope we maintain that progression seen and with the Seagulls scrapping for there lives, we should with our strength be able to beat Potters men at the 5th attempt.

Fingers crossed for a terrific 2021 and may today be it's start, with hopefully the lineup, not being too simular to Mid-Week!
not trying to be argumentative, by why call for substantial changes to Tuesday's team, if you essentially say they played well?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Wolves, put this so called bogey team, to the sword.
Time for a winning run, starting tonight!!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far this season has been a case of, at best, a couple of little steps forward, followed by a big step back.

Let’s hope we break that pattern today and then go on a bit of a run next month or so.

Very big game today. Could massively influence how the rest of the season plays out.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not trying to be argumentative, by why call for substantial changes to Tuesday's team, if you essentially say they played well?

I said the line should "not being too simular" - only 1/2 changes tops would be sensible IMO

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take a scrappy goal and a one-nil win like the one five years ago. Coady had a decent long-range effort that day.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Feeling relatively confident, usually a bad sign! Don't expect us to dominate the game, they are a much better team than many are giving them credit for, but if we can take our chances and not find their keeper being MOTM,we should get a much needed win.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as I can remember since I’ve been a Wolves fan, we’re always terrible on our first game of the year, and we’re even worse against Brighton, so I’m sure that bodes well... :)
January 1st, 2016, live on Sky Sports: Brighton 0-1 Wolves :) :p

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
As far as I can remember since I’ve been a Wolves fan, we’re always terrible on our first game of the year, and we’re even worse against Brighton, so I’m sure that bodes well... :)
Frank Lampard scoring an 89th minute winner in a game where he would have been sent off if he wasn't Frank Lampard is a particular favourite. Just for anyone who thought crap refs started with VAR!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, not sure that we have the fit players for substantial changes in any event...

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score
Agreed, not sure that we have the fit players for substantial changes in any event...
I also agree.
However to be fair to KW I did move his "not too similar" to "substantial changes" - I think I have been listening to to many Downing Street briefings, recently.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t win today , that will be down to scoring no or one goal, as we have a great squad otherwise.
Matches against Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea have shown we a a Rolls Royce team with no goal threat.
Kane and Son instead of Silva and Dedoncker would see us in top 4 no problems

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t win today , that will be down to scoring no or one goal, as we have a great squad otherwise.
Matches against Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea have shown we a a Rolls Royce team with no goal threat.
Kane and Son instead of Silva and Dedoncker would see us in top 4 no problems
As if Neves and Moutinho are better than Dendoncker lol

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton is in a freefall IMO while Nuno and his youngsters have steadied the ship. I reckon in we're in for a big result today, 3 or 4 nil to the good guys regardless of formation

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we can start with a Happy New Win today. For morale‘s sake, the players need this win. A big positive is the performances of younger players as they get their feet wet.
And Nuno did say that Wolves are ready to act in this transfer window.

If we play as well as we did against Spurs, then we will win.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Brighton won just one of their 17 home Premier League games in 2020.

If we go negative and cannot get at least a draw from this one then Nuno has more ammo for when he next meets Jeff Shi.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
off topic but it just struck me that Doherty is currently sitting in a CL spot, good for him

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be really disappointed if we are playing a back 3 against one striker today.

Agreed, I'd like to see something along the lines of this (presuming Boly, Donck and Marcal are still out)

Rui
Semedo, Coady, Saiss, Ait-Nouri
Neves, Moutinho OR Otasowie (I don't mind)
Neto, Vitinha, Podence
Silva
Have a bit of firepower off the bench to bring on Adama second half

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been hounded by spurs fans for being one of their worst players this season and got sent off today against Leeds though
I know haha, my brother is a big spurs fan, he's ranting

Back
Top Bottom