Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1667632124927.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

After a hard fought battling point at Brentford last week, it’s time to welcome our lads back home for another crucial game.

The news bubbling up over the last few days and seemingly erupting over night is fantastic. We’ve all been fairly critical of the club (myself included) and even though I still think a good section of the criticism is still true and valid, appointing Lopetegui is a great move and just about as good as we could hope for.

Onto todays game and I do think suddenly there’s a bit more edge to the game. The atmosphere against Leicester (not helped by the result I know) was turning pretty sour pretty quickly, but I reckon the news of Lopetegui’s imminent arrival will be a big lift to a lot of the fans, I know it is for me. And also the players now know who their next coach is (if they didn’t already) and as of now, they’re playing to impress him and show what they’re about.

In terms of line-up, we need to make one change with Costa’s red card. We’re not exactly spoilt for choice up front, it seems to be a choice between out of form Guedes and out of talent Hwang. Hardly inspiring but who knows. Could be the making of one of them. Come in today, score the winner and we have lift off! My gut feeling is it will be Guedes, and with Nunes not being risked from the start I see a line-up of;

Sa
Semedo Kilman Collins Bueno
Neves Moutinho Bouba
Adama Guedes Podence​

As for Brighton, their win against Chelsea was certainly eye catching. But it was their first win under the new boss, so they’ve not been in fantastic form, clearly. They’re a very good side without too much of a weakness, and we saw last year when you’re not at it, they can really punish you. We can get something from the game, hell we can bloody win it, but we need to play well, not make mistakes and make sure when we get chances, we take them. Am I confident? Errrrr pass. But I go to every game thinking we’ve a chance, maybe it’s blind optimism, maybe it’s loyalty, who knows, but let’s see what today brings!

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Attachments

• 1667632106212.jpeg
    1667632106212.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 0

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Guy Fawkes day one and all!

Hope there is a spark in the Green stuff by the lads and we go one better than last weekend’s gritty draw.

Very much this could be the moment for Gonçalo or Hee-Chan to step up; just like the latter did with great effect v Newcastle United last campaign.

Let’s make Molineux absolutely rocking with the Lopetegui news and that I am sure will get the up-to 16 blokes who could play today right on it!

COYW!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Looking forward to this game a bit of positivity for a change.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being dramatic but 3 points today massively impacts the type of job J-Lo is coming in to face. If we get zero points before the World Cup we really are in deep do do.

Win today though and feels like the dynamic could be totally different.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very difficult game v Arsenal next week so this is our best opportunity to get any points before Xmas which is madness. Hopefully the Brighton team bus gets lost or stuck in traffic on the M6, maybe the torrential rain will play into our hands?!
Still think we've got the makings of a really good side, however lacking a striker of any kind really puts us at a disadvantage.
Trains are knackered so will probably be on the Penn road about kick off.....
UTW

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Setting off from Saddleworth later with a spring in our step, come on me babbies

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy a narrow home win. We can’t possibly keep losing/drawing and with the positive news around the place, you’d hope that the players will want to show the incoming gaffer what they’re all about

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton arnt so good away from home.
2 0 wolves
Give tumble down podence a rest ,
4. 5. 1.
Pack the defence with 9 when needed , leave Adama on the half way line , break with hwang guedes and Nunes to support him

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have another opportunity to score in consecutive league games this season. Can we do it? Let's hope so.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I hope Campbell and Ronan manage to get some game time today. From what I’ve seen of all the players, these two are the only ones (apart from Neves) who know how - and are not afraid - to shoot!!
After all, we’ve tried all the other forwards and they can’t score for toffee.:oops:

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start of a new begining today, come on lads. Lets get behind them.

Feeling a win today to kick start the season, a scrappy 1-0 with Hwang

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great for the fans today to start singing that Lopetegui chant the Seville fans sang. He may not be present today, but would be awesome for him to hear it from afar.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being dramatic but 3 points today massively impacts the type of job J-Lo is coming in to face. If we get zero points before the World Cup we really are in deep do do.

Win today though and feels like the dynamic could be totally different.
Agree with this 100%. We failed to carry any positivity into pre season and look what happened. This is a huge game, make no mistake, ignore the amount of games left and the points (not many) between us and mid table… we NEED to win this game at all costs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great for the fans today to start singing that Lopetegui chant the Seville fans sang. He may not be present today, but would be awesome for him to hear it from afar.
It will be “Lopetegui’s barmy army” and you know it!!!

NorthWolf

Reaction score
Agree with this 100%. We failed to carry any positivity into pre season and look what happened. This is a huge game, make no mistake, ignore the amount of games left and the points (not many) between us and mid table… we NEED to win this game at all costs.

I wonder if this might take a tad of the pressure off Steve what with J-Lo signing, he can now say to the team 'it's up to you now to show if you have a future here or not.'

Reactions: Ned

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could really do with getting a win here, Arsenal will beat us. We need to start the new era within touching distance of safety if not out of the bottom three.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm amazed that we are 3.9 with Betfair to win today. Bet of the century (I hope). We're the home team, everyone lifted by the new appointment, and we're long overdue putting some chances away. Brighton are hardly world beaters either.
Let's get optimistic !

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up the Wolves.

Get into um and **** um off.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never play well against these
Big physical side which we always struggle with
1-2 for me im afraid