Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (H) FA Cup Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6060.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

How are we all? Apologies for the late thread! Haven’t had chance to be on my phone all day.

Big game tonight. But then I suppose at this point they all are. The league is always the priority of course, but if you get to this point in the season and you’re still in the cup, then you’ve absolutely gotta be thinking of it.

In terms of line-up, I reckon there may be the odd change tonight. Gary said in his interview he’s working with some tired bodies, understandably, so it becomes a case of going as strong as possible but being sensible with people’s minutes.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Bellegarde Neto

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno, Dawson, Lemina, Traore, Hwang, Fraser, Chirewa.

I hear that Brighton have a few missing, but knowing them some spotty 17 year old will make his debut and turn into the new Messi. They just seem to find good players. It will be a tough game whoever plays that’s for sure.

The atmosphere will be important tonight. I thought it was decent on Sunday, without being amazing. We will have spells tonight where we don’t have the ball, so it’s important to stay patient and get behind the players when we do get chance to attack.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Work does get in the way occasionally. I think Hwang plays better with a good run in the team so would probably start him and not Sarabia, who covered miles on Sunday. JRB in his role.

PS Great work to produce Noddy every game!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jade, I'm sure you've used that Noddy picture before?! I'm amazed you can still find so many pictures of him!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be my team too, Jade. I reckon Bueno will get a chance at left wing back though, and possibly Doc on the right as well, although if Adingra is playing on the left that could be a cause for concern.

Even a second string Brighton side will be strong, the consensus among their fans seems to be something like:

Steele
Lamptey Van-Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Gross Baleba
Buonanotte Enciso Adingra
Fati

Although I do wonder if they’ll match us up and go three at the back, given that’s a very unbalanced side above. I could see them rolling out with:

Steele
Van-Hecke Dunk Igor
Lamptey Gross Baleba Estupinan
Enciso Fati Adingra

No centre forward but like us plenty of dynamism and movement. Adingra will be their main threat if he starts.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 40826

How are we all? Apologies for the late thread! Haven’t had chance to be on my phone all day.

Big game tonight. But then I suppose at this point they all are. The league is always the priority of course, but if you get to this point in the season and you’re still in the cup, then you’ve absolutely gotta be thinking of it.

In terms of line-up, I reckon there may be the odd change tonight. Gary said in his interview he’s working with some tired bodies, understandably, so it becomes a case of going as strong as possible but being sensible with people’s minutes.

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Sarabia
Bellegarde Neto

I hear that Brighton have a few missing, but knowing them some spotty 17 year old will make his debut and turn into the new Messi. They just seem to find good players. It will be a tough game whoever plays that’s for sure.

The atmosphere will be important tonight. I thought it was decent on Sunday, without being amazing. We will have spells tonight where we don’t have the ball, so it’s important to stay patient and get behind the players when we do get chance to attack.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Three points?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 40826

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Sarabia
Bellegarde Neto

COYW!
I would love him start Fraser in front of Bellegarde
Really want to see Fraser given a go

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A home game, with reaching the quarter finals the prize. If any further incentive was needed then playing against a team called Albion, who wear blue and white stripes should be it.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bad feeling ahead of this one. Hope I’m wrong

Come on you Wolves!!

Just got landed. Time for some beers

What do your bad feelings normally mean? I have a good feeling about it.... but my good feelings are normally wrong. If your bad feelings are normally wrong too, that will balance out...

If your bad feelings are usually right... we'm ****ed.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do your bad feelings normally mean? I have a good feeling about it.... but my good feelings are normally wrong. If your bad feelings are normally wrong too, that will balance out...

If we win I don’t care lol

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we draw Man City away at 7pm I'll be genuinely ****ed off, feels like a waste of time at that point. I suppose you have to beat them eventually, but it'd be nice to at least have a chance at a nice day out at Wembley again! I think I'd rather get pumped 5-0 by Man City than lose in the excruciating way we did against Watford...

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad feeling ahead of this one. Hope I’m wrong

Come on you Wolves!!

Just got landed. Time for some beers

I think he's on the wrong beer, usually the source of my bad feelings.
Try a nice pint of Guinness, settle your stomach a treat.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we draw Man City away at 7pm I'll be genuinely ****ed off, feels like a waste of time at that point. I suppose you have to beat them eventually, but it'd be nice to at least have a chance at a nice day out at Wembley again! I think I'd rather get pumped 5-0 by Man City than lose in the excruciating way we did against Watford...
Then they went and lost 6-0? At least we would have put up a much better showings.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would just mean we will beat them 3 times this year instead of the 2 ;)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder which Wolves will turn up. The one that excited us with wins at SB, Tottenham and at Molineux against Everton or the energy-less one that bored us against Brentford, Sheffield and Yernited (first half) at Molineux.
Jeckull n Ide innit!

Back
Top Bottom