Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (A) Pre-Match Thread!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Would be better than the Barbie pink he usually wears. Wouldn't it be better to wear something that blends in a bit more so opposing strikers can't see him so easily?
I think it's better to wear a bright kit that our defenders can easily identify out of the corner of their eye instead of "blending in"

JaycogWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Decent enough performance pls very tough place to go - the real important one is Sunday lets all be honest!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strictly speaking they paid the money - they want their games. The fact it's on a Monday is **** (for fans) but does give us an extra day or two compared to playing on a Saturday that might help. I'm sorry I can't be there but, ironically, I'm glad I'm not travelling there on a Monday night.
Well sort of - why do you think they paid the money?!

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton and Hove Albion v
Wolverhampton Wanderers is the longest character based fixture in top flight history. 43 characters. I'm sure you're going to count them.
What about Athletic Football Club Bournemouth v Wolverhampton Wanderers ?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm good shout. It's actually Association Football Club Bournemouth, which makes it even longer. I shall consult my source!
If that counts then surely you can add “football club” to Brighton’s name also? As well as ours.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it obviously is a marketing thing, but I really can’t think it brings in all that much money.
They often seem conscious of promoting our “brand” but then seem quick to deviate from one of the most iconic parts of that brand.
Absolutely this. In terms of revenue how much does a red shirt generate? FA I would guess. When you do football shirt associations I expect Wolves and old gold must be in the top 3, perhaps with Utd and red and Toon and their black and white stripes. Playing always in old gold, home and away will do much more for our brand and revenue streams imo. Will it happen? Will it ****.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a long jaunt, that's for sure.
Left the house at 9.00 this morning and only just past Gatwick due to rail delays.
Still, there's a pint waiting with my name on it as soon as I've checked into.my digs.
Think I will need to trade in my decades old Gold and Black scalf for a red one, if we keep up this nonsense.
Hats off to all of the fans that make it to Brighton. Proper chaos on the railway today.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm good shout. It's actually Association Football Club Bournemouth, which makes it even longer. I shall consult my source!
Yes I had always thought that it was Association but its Athletic that shows on Wiki

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And aren’t we, Wolverhampton Wanderers Association Football Club? Or maybe no Association?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES!! Feeling good ahead of tonight. We will be a lot more competitive. Non of this walking pace stuff lads. Don’t give them room. Praying Neto starts along with Fraser.

Fancy Doyle to score another screamer if I’m honest!!

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Absolutely this. In terms of revenue how much does a red shirt generate? FA I would guess. When you do football shirt associations I expect Wolves and old gold must be in the top 3, perhaps with Utd and red and Toon and their black and white stripes. Playing always in old gold, home and away will do much more for our brand and revenue streams imo. Will it happen? Will it ****.
Although, I do really like the all white away kits...

Red, teal, maroon, black...those should be the third kit colors IMO.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The red, maroon kit we had a few seasons ago.....the Mexico inspired Adidas one with the green on the arms..
Smashed the sales for the home kit on its release......it only didn't sell more overall than the home kit that season cause they ran out....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The red, maroon kit we had a few seasons ago.....the Mexico inspired Adidas one with the green on the arms..
Smashed the sales for the home kit on its release......it only didn't sell more overall than the home kit that season cause they ran out....
I suppose if Cunha gets the same adoration as Jimenez a Brazilian styled shirt could be really interesting.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's better to wear a bright kit that our defenders can easily identify out of the corner of their eye instead of "blending in"
Yep, plain dull kits famously works against the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Real Madrid...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose if Cunha gets the same adoration as Jimenez a Brazilian styled shirt could be really interesting.
Think you would be surprised with some of the sales on 2nd and 3rd kits.....yes some will massively flop but I think some would be closer to the home sales than you realise.... especially kids sizes....

We will have lost a lot of overseas fans with Jimenez leaving....at his peak on Instagram for instance he had at least double the followers our whole club had .... Jimenez 2.4m followers...Cunha 800k...

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too much confidence on here, can’t help thinking some of it is a little misplaced.

A draw would be a superb result. Not holding my breath though, never ever fancy us against Brighton, irrespective of what level we play them at. Just one of those teams.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Way too much confidence on here, can’t help thinking some of it is a little misplaced.

A draw would be a superb result. Not holding my breath though, never ever fancy us against Brighton, irrespective of what level we play them at. Just one of those teams.

I am usually very confident, even when we're in bad form... but after the complete dicking that they gave us last time we played, I'm not expecting much from tonight....

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Hopeful of a result
But if we play to our strengths we might just get a result
COYWsssd

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start of quite a tough run of league games…
Would be nice to get a point and put in a decent performance.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My no 1 hope for this match is no injuries. I would swap a win tonight with one on Sunday all day long. Another loss to them lot would literally do my head in.
But lifes not like that and Im sure we will continue our hard work. Therefore I actually think another commited performance will mean we have a very good chance of taking the points.
Albion of the South 0 Wolves 2.

Back
Top Bottom