Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5844.jpeg
IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAYYYYY!!

Here we go again. After a couple of weeks of sunshine and FA Cup football, it’s back to the rock and roll of the Premier League. Easy to forget that our last league game was that great win over Everton, so let’s hope the players can pick up where we left off!

With the attention and focus slightly on the weekend’s cup game, it’s important to remember how tonight’s game can affect things. We’ve got ourselves into a decent position, a positive result tonight makes it much stronger.

In terms of line-up, the only issue seems to be who plays out of Bellegarde and Neto. It probably comes down to how fit Neto is, if he’s got an hour in him, start and bring him off, if he’s not quite there, he’s not a bad sub to have!

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Doherty
Sarabia
Cunha Neto

Bentley, Bueno, Bueno, Hodge, Griffiths, Barnett, Bellegarde, Chirewa, Fraser.

That team can get a good result.

Brighton are playing well (as always) but we’re probably due a result there!

Whether you’re following from Brighton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!
COYW!

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Come on the Wolves. Win tonight 4 out the 4. What we like. The pack is coming

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't manage to watch the two Brentford cup matches due to other commitments, so this will be the first games I'll have watched since the good memories of Everton being put to the sword.
No doubt Brighton will be a sterner test than 'the Grand Old Club', but we seem to be in a good place now, with resilience and goals in the team. Having said that, we rarely do well at The Amex, so I wouldn't quibble if we drew the game. Hopefully, our unbeaten run continues and we all go to bed happy, thinking about another team in stripes and payback!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope all making the long trip have a good evening. This being on a Monday night is absolutely bonkers, but TNT Sports who simply want there money always wins out.

Both sides are without a few key men and knowing how we have come along since both April and August humbling’s, I think it will be a tight contest and one which could have several goals among it with both’s strong scoring stats.

Unlike then, we have rediscovered that don’t give up attitude, as again illustrated on Tuesday night and I imagine Gary will want some redemption with 10 conceded in those 2 games.

Cunha is in form, Neto looks sharp on his return, Fraser is a great option to now have as part of the side (his finish on Tuesday was superb), Lemina is back and Santi Bueno is coming along very nicely.

All of those plus our creativity makes me feel positive about getting at least a point and with a packed out Away End, will no doubt help spur us on.

A win puts us just 4 points off West Ham
United in 6th on 31 points, which would be a magnificent return at this stage of the season and 2 goals will see us beat our tally of 31 from 2022/23.

Enjoy the game and hope this can be the start of a fun couple of weeks!

Up The Wolves.

Last edited:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This being on a Monday night is absolutely bonkers, but TNT Sports who simply want there money always wins out.
Strictly speaking they paid the money - they want their games. The fact it's on a Monday is **** (for fans) but does give us an extra day or two compared to playing on a Saturday that might help. I'm sorry I can't be there but, ironically, I'm glad I'm not travelling there on a Monday night.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't manage to watch the two Brentford cup matches due to other commitments, so this will be the first games I'll have watched since the good memories of Everton being put to the sword.
No doubt Brighton will be a sterner test than 'the Grand Old Club', but we seem to be in a good place now, with resilience and goals in the team. Having said that, we rarely do well at The Amex, so I wouldn't quibble if we drew the game. Hopefully, our unbeaten run continues and we all go to bed happy, thinking about another team in stripes and payback!
To be fair, previous to last seasons 6-0 horror show we had a win and 2 draws from our last 3 visits.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brighton and Hove Albion v
Wolverhampton Wanderers is the longest character based fixture in top flight history. 43 characters. I'm sure you're going to count them.
We presumably never played Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic in the top flight. We played them in the Cup.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, previous to last seasons 6-0 horror show we had a win and 2 draws from our last 3 visits.

And we’ve since gone back to the back 5 (yes I know our shape is more fluid than that) so hoping that we can make this a more competitive affair.

I think fans are (obviously) more excited for Sunday, but this is a bigger game for GON.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those not aware, Brighton are one of our bogey teams and I would argue nowadays... the bogeyest of bogey team.

39 competitive games we've had with them over the last 50 years (we were on different levels prior to that) and we've won... a whole 6 of them. A win rate of only 15%. We've drawn 14 times and lost 19 times, the most recent being this season when they gave us a thorough slapping at Molineux. Bearing in mind their form this season only an idiot would expect anything more than a loss tonight.

I reckon we'll draw.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope everyone who travels keep themselves safe as it is still very windy.

Why are we wearing the red kit as there is no colour clash?

Brighton play in blue and white stripes, so I presume we will be in red at the Hawthorns.

SeaWolf

Reaction score
Brighton fans confident but don't fancy a Monday night game. Haven't won in 9 apparently.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a feeling they will come out flying and Wolves will have to weather the storm before getting any counter punches in. No Mitoma is nice.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always our bogey team, they have also been the only team who have played us off the park this year (albeit in a 10-15 minute spell). I think then we weren't settled into a system and it had been a mess of a summer since then GON has steadied us and made his mark on the team.

I am very glad that mitoma is missing for them but both teams are missing a number of key players compared to the game in August.

Could go either way but would take a boring 0-0 now.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brighton play in blue and white stripes, so I presume we will be in red at the Hawthorns.
It's been a long jaunt, that's for sure.
Left the house at 9.00 this morning and only just past Gatwick due to rail delays.
Still, there's a pint waiting with my name on it as soon as I've checked into.my digs.
Think I will need to trade in my decades old Gold and Black scalf for a red one, if we keep up this nonsense.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Commercial reasons.

I’d be stunned if we’re not in gold and black on Sunday.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton have scored 16 goals in their last 4 meetings against us. It’s fair to say this is firmly our bogey team of late.

Not very optimistic and honestly think it could be a ‘bring us back down to earth’ moment after three brilliant wins in the league.

I hope it’s not, but that’s just my gut feeling! I hope Neto starts and he packs the midfield to try and frustrate them early on.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Bueno
Semedo Doyle Lemina Toti
Bellegarde
Cunha Neto​

I know some will say that’d be a defeatist team, but I think we have to try and stifle them early, and rely on the brilliance of Cunha and Neto to produce something out of nothing.

Very tough game against our kryptonite, hopefully the lads are up for it. COYW.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be a serious misjudgment to wear red at The Hawthorns! I'd always want us in old gold.

Under normal circumstances that is.

We've played 12 games away so far this season - Premier League and Cup.

In old gold - Played 7, won 0, drawn 0, lost 7
In red - Played 1, won 1, drawn 0, lost 0
In turquoise - Played 4, won 2, drawn 2, lost 0

When we play away in red, we always win.

When we play away in turquoise we either win or draw.

When we play away in old gold, we always lose!!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a serious misjudgment to wear red at The Hawthorns! I'd always want us in old gold.

I really don’t buy into these sort of superstitions!

Both away kits are horrible, and I think we should always play in proper kit anyway (sometimes with gold shorts) .

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those not aware, Brighton are one of our bogey teams and I would argue nowadays... the bogeyest of bogey team.

39 competitive games we've had with them over the last 50 years (we were on different levels prior to that) and we've won... a whole 6 of them. A win rate of only 15%. We've drawn 14 times and lost 19 times, the most recent being this season when they gave us a thorough slapping at Molineux. Bearing in mind their form this season only an idiot would expect anything more than a loss tonight.

I reckon we'll draw.
Must be an idiot then

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too much time on your hands, methinks. ;)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Both away kits are horrible, and I think we should always play in proper kit anyway (sometimes with gold shorts) .

Every time we play in old gold shirts and shorts, we lose to a dodgy VAR penalty decision (Sheff U away, Fulham away).

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I am in Germany in a one horse village and I hope to god that it isn't being shown here as I will have to watch.
I fear the worst.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I assume it's a revenue thing having multiple coloured shirts? I think there is only Hull, Blackpool and Newport we would have a colour clash with and I doubt we'll be playing any of those sides any time soon so I think we should petition the Club to play EVERY game in old gold. I'm serious.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume it's a revenue thing having multiple coloured shirts? I think there is only Hull, Blackpool and Newport we would have a colour clash with and I doubt we'll be playing any of those sides any time soon so I think we should petition the Club to play EVERY game in old gold. I'm serious.
Yeah it obviously is a marketing thing, but I really can’t think it brings in all that much money.
They often seem conscious of promoting our “brand” but then seem quick to deviate from one of the most iconic parts of that brand.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be good to know how much commercial revenue was down this year based on that abomination, especially following last season's teal masterpiece.
I like it!

Back
Top Bottom