Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brexit and last summer's signings

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading Spiers latest article it looks like the club are happy to finish mid table as they bed in younger players and a change in formation.

Given young non UK players will likely be more difficult to sign from next year, I wonder if we deliberately targeted this kind of player in the summer. Last chance trolley dash before work permits get more difficult.

Senior foreign players are more likely to get WP points, so not the top priority in 2020... given we're happy to essentially write off this season as far as European qualification is concerned.

Could end up being a masterstroke but requires a lot of patience from fans.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spiers says we're happy to finish mid table so must be true. We've started every prem season slowly. Our players had no break after a 60+ game season. The new lads had no bedding in time and we are changing formation and style. We could well have another excellent second half of the season and push for Europe. Don't write this one off yet

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tim Spiers says we're happy to finish mid table so must be true. We've started every prem season slowly. Our players had no break after a 60+ game season. The new lads had no bedding in time and we are changing formation and style. We could well have another excellent second half of the season and push for Europe. Don't write this one off yet

Don't get me wrong, I hope we do kick on this season. Watching many more results like yesterday is going to be painful!

My point is that the way Spiers has written that article implies he's had a steer from the club on what to say. Maybe they're deliberately downplaying expectations, maybe they have decided to gamble on buying young players who might be out of reach next year. Who knows!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I hope we do kick on this season. Watching many more results like yesterday is going to be painful!

My point is that the way Spiers has written that article implies he's had a steer from the club on what to say. Maybe they're deliberately downplaying expectations, maybe they have decided to gamble on buying young players who might be out of reach next year. Who knows!
Spiers may be right, he may not. He also may or may not have had a steer from the club, l genuinely don't know. What l do know is that no journalist/columnist who makes their money out of reporting on Wolves is going to do other than claim to be in the know....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finishing mid-table isn't a given, nor is a top six position when all the new players/youth are "bedded in.

The word "transition" has been flogged to death recently but that's where we are right now.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what is this Brexit of which you speak?

Is it in the news or have I missed it?

Back
Top Bottom