Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford Verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an enormous relief! Huge win that. I could picture those Boggie ****s laughing at us for bottling the chance of a BCD; now I can imagine more than a hint of fear...

It’s not a game I can appraise in any sort of depth, having had to rely on Wolves comms – an experience I have not missed, by the way. Lee Naylor chortling at his own jokes like Dr Hibbert was driving me to despair. It was shaping up to be a bitterly disappointing night, a potential season ender, one where we reverted to the old bad habits with poor starts to each half leading to equally poor goals. But the newer habits won through in the end, as we displayed a doggedness to hang in there long enough for the chance for Neto to win the penalty. To trail twice and win shows serious character.

Sounds like Dawson’s introduction was important as he won a string of big headers (oh, for him to score against his old boys in round 4). Great to see Nelson put himself in a position to score too – you can win the raffle if only you buy a ticket, so more of that please! And if we do beat the deckchairs, then Nathan Fraser might retroactively cement his place as a Wolves cult hero with an electrifying introduction that started to turn the tide in our favour.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen it back, but did we get some luck for once with the penalty? I've only seen it once but wouldn't have wanted it against us.

I know we're owed it, and much, much more, just saying.

Don't really care though. Don't care about Brighton either. Roll on the 28th!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
We worked hard and played some nice stuff throughout. Two goals, one naive and one jammily onside apparently, against the run of play, made it a far more nervy night than it should have been and knocked the stuffing out of us. But we kept going and what a debut for Fraser. Real team spirit and never say die attitude.

But we've got to start Lemina.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not seen it back, but did we get some luck for once with the penalty? I've only seen it once but wouldn't have wanted it against us.

I know we're owed it, and much, much more, just saying.

Don't really care though. Don't care about Brighton either. Roll on the 28th!
Sat in the north bank and it looked like a complete dive lol

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We worked hard and played some nice stuff throughout. Two goals, one naive and one jammily onside apparently, against the run of play, made it a far more nervy night than it should have been and knocked the stuffing out of us. But we kept going and what a debut for Fraser. Real team spirit and never say die attitude.

But we've got to start Lemina.
Wasn't frasers debut, scored for us against Blackpool in the other cup

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t comment as I didn’t watch or listen. However, proud of the lads for pulling through. Team spirit is all about. Biggest game in years. So happy and proud for young Fraser. Talent he is!!

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was very sloppy, looked like two poor/tired teams. Just sloppy passes and control breaking up all our momentum. Defensively we looked so shaky and want to watch the highlights because all the goals looked baffling. When the one guy waltzed through from their throw in and hit the post looked ridiculous.
Now the negatives out the way, Cunha best player on the pitch looked a cut above everybody else. Solid when lemina came on and Doyle fitted into the team fine. I just hope they can rest up and get up for it against wba. Because if they watched that they will fancy it

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chuffed to bits of course with that result. No stream was working so had to rely in the comms thread. ****ing nerve wracking especially for the pen. I did not know whether it was for us or them! Made up for Fraser. Once again, Gazza seems to have got his subs spot on. However, I'm even more made up for Semedo for only his second (?) goal for us! Well done that man. Can't comment on the the performance or anything else really. The next couple of weeks can't go quick enough for me. Bring on Sandwell Town!

Leemack

Reaction score
Just got back home. Fire is on and I think I should be thawed out for a trip to Brighton before that scruffy bunch down the road.

Well done boys - Nice to see us fight to get the win and not do a 'past' Wolves and lose it.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Was very sloppy, looked like two poor/tired teams. Just sloppy passes and control breaking up all our momentum. Defensively we looked so shaky and want to watch the highlights because all the goals looked baffling. When the one guy waltzed through from their throw in and hit the post looked ridiculous.
Now the negatives out the way, Cunha best player on the pitch looked a cut above everybody else. Solid when lemina came on and Doyle fitted into the team fine. I just hope they can rest up and get up for it against wba. Because if they watched that they will fancy it
We started confident, their goal(s) made us nervy I felt.

We did look porous at the back

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Not the best performance, should have made it much easier but that's the Wolves way.

Saw the pen from SB upper and thought it was really soft.

More importantly got over the line. Bizarre game.

Bring on the ****e.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought hodge looked light weight, fraser took his goal well and i think he should be around the first team from now on.

Back
Top Bottom