Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford v Wolves FAC3 comms thread.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In one sense it would be good to see Neto but that would most probably mean we are losing?
Neto for Sarabia at HT. Our only chance imo is a Cunha super run and goal. Otherwise it's backs to the wall for 45 minutes Gomes is a ****ing idiot. He needs to temper his youthful enthusiasm/thuggery.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well. That was pretty ****. Early doors Cunha had his shirt pulled in the box. Stayed on his feet and should have scored. Toti should have done better with a free header. Gomes was stupid and sent off. Brentford player exact same challenge and no card. Poor defending for their goal and the officials are ****
And it’s ****ing down

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be tempted to try Neto at left wing back second half. 3-4-1-1.

Doherty hasn’t been terrible, but he offers no threat running from deep, which is probably the only way we’re going to create anything tonight.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference between the two incidents, is Damsgaard's had malicious intent, where our's was going for the ball, with no malicious intent.
Exactly! I said I thought the Brentford one was worse and I can’t understand why it wasn’t even given as a foul? Was the ball ‘out of play’ and so challenge isn’t counted as part of the game and throw in goes ahead?

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well. That was pretty ****. Early doors Cunha had his shirt pulled in the box. Stayed on his feet and should have scored. Toti should have done better with a free header. Gomes was stupid and sent off. Brentford player exact same challenge and no card. Poor defending for their goal and the officials are ****
And it’s ****ing down
Incredibly harsh sending off, yellow at most

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what can GON do?
Its obvious we're now too lightweight in midfield but we don't really have anyone to change that.
Personally I'd take off Doc, bring on Neto. He's already playing a very useless left midfield role, Doc and we need more pace on the break

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hugely frustrating. Really silly challenge from Joao, which has cost us massively but the inconsistency between the two incidents is infuriating.

Doyle has played well as has Santi Bueno and Cunha looks a threat. Just have to hope we’re still in the game with 10-15 left and have a real go.

Dasilva has been their best player by a distance.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man that Toti header is SO bad watching it back. I think it actually went up a little lol

Last edited:

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable that their chap didn't get a card.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what can GON do?
Its obvious we're now too lightweight in midfield but we don't really have anyone to change that.
Personally I'd take off Doc, bring on Neto. He's already playing a very useless left midfield role, Doc and we need more pace on the break

Why risk Pedro in this game now?

Unless he has to replace an injury I wouldn’t risk a hammy on a cold night with losing rain in what the ref and VAR have turned into a dead rubber

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really missing Hee-Chan running off the shoulder of the defender. Cunha just prefers to play too deep to do similar and Bellegarde needs to play in midfield now we're missing Gomes.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd take Doc off for Neto.

Sa-Semedo-Bueno-Kilman-Toti-Sarabia-Doyle-JRB-Neto-Cunha

Might aswell go for it, we've not got much to lose.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Gomes was a bit unlucky to get a red, but could just about accept it, but then you see the challenge on Doyle and it's hard to see how that wasn't dealt with the same way. If anything more of a stamping motion and more dangerous.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Damsgaard’s challenge is worse than Gomes’ and yet we somehow end up a man down and they don’t. Gomes’ is an extremely soft red imo. They have to come out and explain the rationale behind those two decisions, it is absolutely bonkers. I just want an even playing field, I can accept it if they’re both given. Yet another shambles from PGMOL and VAR. And another dodgy decision against us where Jarrad Gillet is involved.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be tempted to try Neto at left wing back second half. 3-4-1-1.

Doherty hasn’t been terrible, but he offers no threat running from deep, which is probably the only way we’re going to create anything tonight.
I'd just sub him on at 65 if we stay at 1-0 or 1-1 and then let him run for the last 25 minutes with 4 at the back.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not that I like this sort of behaviour but we need to be a bit more reactive when it comes to fouls and refereeing decisions, because our opponents are. No real heartfelt protests about the red card to at least plant a seed in VAR's mind and no fuss about the Damsgaard tackle either. Maybe most of our players didn't see it but they should have been running over to Damsgaard and having at him and protesting to the referee. The only one who knows how to play the game is Hwang. Like I said, I don't like it but everyone else does it and it's costing us. We're too meek in flashpoints and referees don't feel under pressure.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hugely frustrating. Really silly challenge from Joao, which has cost us massively but the inconsistency between the two incidents is infuriating.

Doyle has played well as has Santi Bueno and Cunha looks a threat. Just have to hope we’re still in the game with 10-15 left and have a real go.

Dasilva has been their best player by a distance.
Agree mate, Doyle and Santiago very good.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Semedo Bueno Kilman Toti
Doyle Chirewa
Neto Cunha JRB

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Like the thinking, but I guess making sure we don’t end up with injuries and further red cards (entirely possible tonight) is the main aim now.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var is all about empowering the ref. They don’t care if they get the decision right.

I just imagine every ref has the personality of Jeremy Vine
VAR should be a second group of people with zero relationship with the referees. While I'm not mad at the ref overall tonight (except that Damsgaard should should be gone on two yellows, IMO), I still think VAR would be more effective if it was complete separate entity.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just seen the two challenges side by side, Gomes a silly unnecessary tackle but trying to win the ball, just about a red given the current interpretation of the laws.
Damsgaards a clear malicious stamp....red card any day of the week, far more dangerous.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ed over in the cup last season
Now again
Honestly what's the point I wonder sometimes

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var is all about empowering the ref. They don’t care if they get the decision right.

I just imagine every ref has the personality of Jeremy Vine
They clearly don't care about getting decisions right. If there was any debate with Gomes' red, you then get an almost identical challenge that the ref misses - in the same half of football! And they let it go

Back
Top Bottom