Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford Home Line-up

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang back?
Doyle or Gomes?

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina RAN
Sarabia
Neto Cunha

Subs Bentley Doc Bueno Bueno Doyle Traore Bellegarde Hwang Fraser

Bench is looking stronger
That's what I'd go with. It was only three months ago (and more recently) that we'd look at the bench and wince.

Neto coming back, Doyle proving himself worthy of starting and Cunha finding his best form have made a huge difference.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Gary will start Hwang …….after all, we’re on a great goal scoring roll.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very interesting game. Maupay and Toney will figure large in our considerations and similarly Neto and Cunha (etc) in theirs. It could all have a negative effect but just as surely provide for a goal glut. As things are, and given our excellent current form I fancy our chances, but I won't be offering the bookies any pennies.

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to change the starting XI from that which began the Chelsea game. The likes of Hwang and JRB are useful subs to bring on if/when the likes of Neto begin to tire.

This will be the toughest game yet v Brentford and we'll need to be at it from the start. They may have been beaten quite comfortably in the end by City on Monday but they did cause problems and Toney makes them a different proposition to the limp team we saw against us in the cup

JJ59

Reaction score
Couple of things I have picked up from their fans website. They rate visiting fans at every match and Wolves fans were the loudest of all, most overweight and maintained vocal support for the longest. They also noted that we had a limited repertoire.
Secondly the love affair with Toney is starting to unravel. They have detected changes since his return and his 'ready to die' for the club is not so evident now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Gary will start Hwang …….after all, we’re on a great goal scoring roll.
The team from the Chelsea game deserves to start after such a fantastic performance. Will be great to have Hwang on the bench though.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will surely be unchanged.
Even the following week I’m not sure Hwang comes straight back in, the front 3 of Cunha, Neto and Sarabia seem to be developing quite an understanding.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple of things I have picked up from their fans website. They rate visiting fans at every match and Wolves fans were the loudest of all, most overweight and maintained vocal support for the longest. They also noted that we had a limited repertoire.
Secondly the love affair with Toney is starting to unravel. They have detected changes since his return and his 'ready to die' for the club is not so evident now.
Most overweight. Limited repertoire. ****ing cheek.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most overweight. Limited repertoire. ****ing cheek.
honestly, i think they are pretty close. just look at our fans. and our repertoire is tiny compared to what it used to be. we have lost 80% of our 70s songs and many of our recent songs were player related so they went with the players.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Ivan Toney is back. But it’s a bit OTT having his nickname on the shirt where the sponsor usually is.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia Neto
Cunha

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could easily lose this. Toney changes their threat massively. dawson needs to man mark him but its not easy. i think it will be a very tough game
Hear what you say and agree Dawson would be the best player to man mark him, but Toney plays wide right most of the time now with Maupay down the middle so I think Toti will be up against Toney

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arguments for Doyle being more suited to this type of fixture than Gomes, but they were all so good at Chelsea it would be harsh to change anything.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team, hwang doyle and traore if needed for a change up in second half

Doc used if we are comfortable

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd actually rest him entirely for this game. Hwang was reportedly wearing strapping on his leg for Korea, and as we know he's had his muscular problems.
No point risking it when the other lads have their shooting boots on.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Gary warns our more hot tempered guys about WUM Maupay.
Cool hand Luke (Big Max) needs to be on the case.

Pretty obvious he was trying to get Walker sent off the other day.

Fair play to Walker for calling him out too.

His behavior has been awful and what he's done to his family/families stinks, but he knows that.

Maupay is a proper scumbag for bringing it up during a game.

Reaction score

He did the same to Spurs too. He was constantly barging into their players when the ball was out of play. He’s a proper ****house. Hopefully we don’t let him wind us up and lose discipline

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we come flying out the blocks and get an early goal. We can make life very difficult for Brentford. Being at home they will come and park the bus for a draw. Important we take the game to them early.

Sutton

Reaction score
He did the same to Spurs too. He was constantly barging into their players when the ball was out of play. He’s a proper ****house. Hopefully we don’t let him wind us up and lose discipline

The South Bank love a villain........think we have one

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I think they'll be well aware after the three recent games! I've always found him slightly annoying, but when he was standing on the post stopping Sa line the wall up it was ridiculous. I think he tried to wind Sa up with a bit of abuse when his response was to move him and give him a little kiss.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
In his pre-match press conference this afternoon GON said that, despite some minor illnesses earlier this week, everyone in the squad is fully fit to play Brentford. So that's no injuries, no suspensions, no players away on international duty. When was the last time we had a complete squad to pick from? I can't remember if it has ever happened.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his pre-match press conference this afternoon GON said that, despite some minor illnesses earlier this week, everyone in the squad is fully fit to play Brentford. So that's no injuries, no suspensions, no players away on international duty. When was the last time we had a complete squad to pick from? I can't remember if it has ever happened.

No walking pace rubbish at home let’s get at them from the first minute. Illness or not. We have to attack like the pack of Wolves. Come on Gary!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The beauty thing is that every man and his dog knows that Wolves are a serious threat……to the point that we intimidate clubs, ( which is as it should be all the time:)).

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Brentford will be a different beast with an actual striker I.e Toney. Every game we have played against them they have created chances just not taken them. Maupay is in goal scoring form. I still think we should have to much for them we just need to make sure we're right and keep our levels high.

I would go for the same starting 11 as against Chelsea. If nit working we have options.

Back
Top Bottom