Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford (H Replay) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5823.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After a really good, battling performance in the first game, here is our time to use home advantage and try and get through.

Won’t be an easy game, Brentford despite their poor form are still a decent team and have a few threats across the pitch. Being at home helps us I think, but it’s not going to guarantee anything, we still have to put in a strong performance.

In terms of the line-up, I can see Gary going fairly strong again. Obviously we’ll have no Gomes due to suspension, but with Lemina, Dawson and Bueno back arguably our squad for this one is a little stronger than for the first game.

Sa
Kilman Santi Toti
Semedo Hodge Doyle Doherty
Sarabia
Cunha Neto​

King, Bueno, Dawson, Keto-Diyawa, Lemina, Bellegarde, Barnett, Chirewa, Fraser

That looks like a team on paper that can definitely win this game.

There’s been lots of talk about the attendance or lack of, but as mentioned it’s a difficult one really. I certainly don’t want to make out that people who aren’t going to the game are wrong, there are lots of valid reasons why not. Instead let’s make sure those of us who are there make a real noise and help the players get the job done!

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get into then next round!

COYW!

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's a draw at full time, does it go to extra time then penalties?

Reactions: Ned

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think it will be as easy as people think
The 4-1 win against them flattered us probably by a goal or two although we gave them a great game with 10 men at their place for the draw
Our midfield will be a concern with Traore Gomes and probably Lemina all missing
That said they are missing a lot too so we have no excuses
We should have enough to win but i think it may take extra time

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was just pens?

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Earlyish ko good for trains there and back but not so good if there's extra time and God forbid, penalties!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be tempting fate here but I don't see any way we don't win this game. At fortress Molineux, team in great form, hopefully a decent crowd, Mario back and to set up a BCD - against a team in an awful run of form and with a manager who has done nothing but moan about the fixture and has said he doesn't think they should even be there playing it. Hardly screams 'up for it'

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the ticket site, I reckon the attendance is going to be about 22-23k. All things considered I don't think it's too bad.

Any way, let's hope we allowed to play with 11 tonight, in which case we should be good enough to beat them.
COYW

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Looking forward to a cold one :), defo thermals hats n gloves, I'm a little worried about midfield if Lemina doesn't play & the lack of CF , but time for our young guns to get a chance COYW

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you happen to live in Ireland or further afield I think it is… luckily most on here indeed live abroad from time to time ;)
Not on in Ireland from what I can see.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Here in Germany DAZN are only showing Bristol City v West Ham, tomorrow Blackpool v Forest.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I may be tempting fate here but I don't see any way we don't win this game. At fortress Molineux, team in great form, hopefully a decent crowd, Mario back and to set up a BCD - against a team in an awful run of form and with a manager who has done nothing but moan about the fixture and has said he doesn't think they should even be there playing it. Hardly screams 'up for it'
Not sure it's going to be that straight forward. It's possible Lemina won't be ready as GON only seemed to suggest he might play a part, Dawson and Hugo Bueno not fully fit, also of course missing João Gomes, Hwang and RAN. RAN is key to how we play and a huge miss. Neto is back, which is a major plus. Not sure he will start though. While Brentford have a few players away at AFCON and the Asia Cup, Mee returns from suspension, Dasilver is now fully fit and Ajer is also back.

Think it will be very tight and could go either way. Think we will edge it but it's not going to be a formality.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you happen to live in Ireland or further afield I think it is… luckily most on here indeed live abroad from time to time ;)
I live in a perpetual state of suspension in the troposphere.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the ticket site, I reckon the attendance is going to be about 22-23k. All things considered I don't think it's too bad.

Any way, let's hope we allowed to play with 11 tonight, in which case we should be good enough to beat them.
COYW
Loads of Wolves fans were having all manner of credit cards declined by Ticketmaster, trying and failing multiple times.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford is always a tough game, and I expect no different tonight. Though as Thomas Frank would rather be anywhere other than Wolverhampton tonight, I am not sure how much Brentford will want it.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A reminder that links for televised match info all over the world are here Is it on tv?
Don't get into stream chat on here please.

Reactions: Ned

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in that classic Wolves headspace of now getting a bad feeling because I've got a good feeling.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom