Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford fans kicking off

JJ59

Reaction score
And all because a Wolves season ticket holder was appointed 4th official last night. How precious can you get? The 4th official was unwell at 90mins and Ross Bennett STH volunteered and was the official for the period of extra time. Brentford fans think he may have had influence regarding the penalty. I thought I detected an improvement in the presentation of the numbers board now I know why. I think Mr Bennett deserved his own chant, possibly " he's one of our own".

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And all because a Wolves season ticket holder was appointed 4th official last night. How precious can you get? The 4th official was unwell at 90mins and Ross Bennett STH volunteered and was the official for the period of extra time. Brentford fans think he may have had influence regarding the penalty. I thought I detected an improvement in the presentation of the numbers board now I know why. I think Mr Bennett deserved his own chant, possibly " he's one of our own".
It wasn’t the 4th official that was ill on 90 minutes it was the linesman in front of the Billy Wright stand, so the fourth official took over the line and the Wolves fan took over as 4th official
I wonder if he got paid for the 30 mins, if he did perhaps we should post it on the Brentford forum LOL

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robbed, corrupt, I hate Wolves, Gary O'Neil should never moan about VAR again, Neto is the biggest diver in the known universe.

None of those compare to the rather loose argument that the Wolves fan (on WM right now) could have influenced the referee to give the penalty, even if he didn't.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw him warming up just before Extra Time kicked off. I also saw him run across the pitch amongst the brentford players and actually shook one of their hands as he passed them. So don't think he was biased... if anything I thought opposite when it happened :tearsofjoy:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s trained and professional who cares sore losers I hope the brentford fans reading this enjoy their relegation mugs

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I saw him warming up just before Extra Time kicked off. I also saw him run across the pitch amongst the brentford players and actually shook one of their hands as he passed them. So don't think he was biased... if anything I thought opposite when it happened :tearsofjoy:
That was the 4th official though not the Wolves fan. 4th official is such a job for the boys role though anyway , like the 2 AVARs they apparently need.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, Ross Bennett is a fully qualified referee - albeit for under 12s.

He was just asked what he did when Wolves scored the winner and said he wanted to do a Mourinho and sprint down the touchline, but didn't think it would go down too well with the Brentford bench.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many on here though would be the same if it was the other way around . We had lost last night at Brentford and then that came out . Some on here would be saying the FA have it in for us with VAR and now this .

Just saying as it does make me smile . As the best teams in the cup or league 99 percent of the time are the ones that A)can score goals abd B) defend .

No coincidence that a team outside the prem hasn't won the cup in a while . Or is that down to the refs etc .

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Job of the 4th Official during the match

During the Match
The Fourth Officials Job is as below (so nothing about awarding penalties). They are supposed to be able to step in for any of the other officials if needed (which is what happened with the 1st fourth official, if another official was unable to continue I gues our man would then take that job over? but then they'd also need another 4th official)
 assists the Referee at all times. They shall maintain frequent eye contact with the match officials
 shall keep a full record of the game, including details of any players cautioned or sent-off
 shall be in charge of substitutions and whether the substitutes equipment is in order. They shall indicate substitutions by holding up, to display the numbers, the number board provided for this purpose (if available). The Fourth official shall record the exact times that substitutions are made
 shall not communicate their estimation of the allowance for time lost to the Referee but await the Referee’s instruction of the minimum amount of time to be allowed. The Electronic
substitution board, if available, is not to be used as a method of communicating, to the Referee, a confirmatory signal. On 45 and 90 minutes display the amount of ‘time allowed’ on the board/substitute number boards provided
 will monitor the entry into the field of play by the physio/doctor/stretcher bearers allowing such entry only with the permission of the Referee
 will supervise the Technical Area to maintain order and inform the Referee of irresponsible behaviour by any occupant of the Technical Area. Irresponsible behaviour may be defined as, but not exclusive to:
- any person who leaves the Technical Area to remonstrate with the Referee, an Assistant Referee, opponents or members of the opposition Technical Area
- any act of abusive, insulting, offensive or threatening language and/or gesture
- persistently failing to comply with the Laws of the Game, League Regulations, Competition Rules or the request of the Fourth official
 should advise the Referee of any verbal abuse from occupants within the Technical Area
 is expected to control the Technical Area in a preventative rather than confrontational manner. If the occupants of the Technical Area indulge in serious misconduct the Fourth official must inform the Referee immediately
 is expected to stand, where this is practicable, during the game

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many on here though would be the same if it was the other way around . We had lost last night at Brentford and then that came out . Some on here would be saying the FA have it in for us with VAR and now this .

Just saying as it does make me smile . As the best teams in the cup or league 99 percent of the time are the ones that A)can score goals abd B) defend .

No coincidence that a team outside the prem hasn't won the cup in a while . Or is that down to the refs etc .
there would certainly be threads on here, discussions, but at the end of the Day the 4th official isn't involved in any on field decisions, unless they have to step in and replace another official

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Job of the 4th Official during the match

During the Match
The Fourth Officials Job is as below (so nothing about awarding penalties). They are supposed to be able to step in for any of the other officials if needed (which is what happened with the 1st fourth official, if another official was unable to continue I gues our man would then take that job over? but then they'd also need another 4th official)
 assists the Referee at all times. They shall maintain frequent eye contact with the match officials
 shall keep a full record of the game, including details of any players cautioned or sent-off
 shall be in charge of substitutions and whether the substitutes equipment is in order. They shall indicate substitutions by holding up, to display the numbers, the number board provided for this purpose (if available). The Fourth official shall record the exact times that substitutions are made
 shall not communicate their estimation of the allowance for time lost to the Referee but await the Referee’s instruction of the minimum amount of time to be allowed. The Electronic
substitution board, if available, is not to be used as a method of communicating, to the Referee, a confirmatory signal. On 45 and 90 minutes display the amount of ‘time allowed’ on the board/substitute number boards provided
 will monitor the entry into the field of play by the physio/doctor/stretcher bearers allowing such entry only with the permission of the Referee
 will supervise the Technical Area to maintain order and inform the Referee of irresponsible behaviour by any occupant of the Technical Area. Irresponsible behaviour may be defined as, but not exclusive to:
- any person who leaves the Technical Area to remonstrate with the Referee, an Assistant Referee, opponents or members of the opposition Technical Area
- any act of abusive, insulting, offensive or threatening language and/or gesture
- persistently failing to comply with the Laws of the Game, League Regulations, Competition Rules or the request of the Fourth official
 should advise the Referee of any verbal abuse from occupants within the Technical Area
 is expected to control the Technical Area in a preventative rather than confrontational manner. If the occupants of the Technical Area indulge in serious misconduct the Fourth official must inform the Referee immediately
 is expected to stand, where this is practicable, during the game
Don't let the facts get in the way, just enjoy their tantrums!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Where are they kicking off? Is this the club officially through Thomas Frank or just some saddos on a football forum?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The highlights are on YouTube and links posted on the verdict thread. It looked a pen. Couldn’t say soft without a close up replay.
Didn't look remotely like a pen to me. Need a better angle and speed though admittedly.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't look remotely like a pen to me. Need a better angle and speed though admittedly.

If we are to go by the “expert views” of the collective tv pundits and retired refs, my response would be “there was contact”, “he was clever”, “hard to stay on your feet”, “he was unbalanced”, well you know the drill. Just think of every single excuse heard given to justify one of the countless penalties given against us in recent years, and any one of them will suffice. Sterling feels contact, pauses to think, then leaps like Tom Daley and het gets a penalty. Neto at least went down without delay and while there appeared to be contact.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My gut reaction is that the Brentford player got the ball first then took out Neto (doesn't mean Neto dived). But I don't care cos we've had some horrible ones against us this season. Mee's reaction said a lot, he looked genuinely shocked at the pen, I know football players always moan but he seemed legit angry in the moment.

Back
Top Bottom