Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford (A) Pre-Match Thread

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
096C2146-FCA3-45D4-B5F6-A7705134B120.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

Here we go again boys and girls. After last weeks great win against a tough Southampton, Bruno’s boys are off to the capital, with revenge on the mind.

With a tough little section of games coming up today could potentially be a really important one. Win and we’re on 34 points, hot on the heels of the teams above and with a decent cushion to the teams behind. Lose and that gap to the european places would just feel that bit much further away. I said before I don’t think a draw is a disaster today but it’s a game we can certainly get three points from.

In terms of team news, well you’d expect Neves to come straight back in. Does Bruno out Dendoncker back into the defence or does he stick with Toti who did well on his debut last week? Will Traore feature at all? And will Jonny be back in the squad, what a boost that would be for everyone!

Whether you’re following from Brentford, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be a difficult game, but there again they all are at this level. We weren't very good against Brentford at Molineux, so I think we need to go there and show them the real Wolves.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see us beat Brentford, but it'll be no cakewalk. Brentford, despite their position are a tough team, very physical, just like the Burnleys and Huddersfields of this world that we seem to struggle against.
However, there is every reason to be confident after wins against Yernited, Sheff U and Saints. Play as we can and don't be intimidated and we can come back from that London with three points.
COYW.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Understand that Adama is with the team. Will we see Chiquinho on the bench? Assuming he's match fit then he surely will be ahead of Chem Campbell?

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this and a new stadium to cross off the list as well. Think we owe them one from the game at the Mol, 2-0 COYW

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems the Bees supporters were encouraged by their performance against Man U, that the scoreline was a travesty, and they are back to the form of their first few games in the PL this year. True or false, self-belief is an important ingredient and it could well be a very tough ask for our lads today. We'll need to be up for it without a doubt.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough match today. If we play as we did away to Palace and Norwich we could come unstuck. First goal will be massive as both teams are capable of the dark arts. I'm sure we won't repeat the mistakes of our first encounter earlier in the season.

We can win this!!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another big game today, not just for the 3 points, revenge for Molineux and to keep in touch with those above us, but also to not make the Adama debate any worse and so we can revel in the players who will still be at the club… man a Trincao goal would be welcome today!

Probably the most interesting and eagerly anticipated match day squad in a while in any case

We have to be good enough today to set us up for those critical Feb games against our rivals in the best shape possible

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understand that Adama is with the team. Will we see Chiquinho on the bench? Assuming he's match fit then he surely will be ahead of Chem Campbell?
He might have just got a lift down to London with the lads to hop on the tube to North London on arrival.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m dreading this game, tbh.

Not because I think Brentford are good but because everything that they do well, we hate. They go 352 with a horrible, hardworking midfield and big lumps at the back. Then the big man/small man up front offering just to be an extra pain in the ****.

We need to be on it early, draw their sting and start to play when their legs get heavy after their midweek 0-3 hammering of Utd.

**** me, I ****ing hate Brentford.

geowolf

Reaction score
Every game seems pivotal theses days .... it wasn't always like that was it? Maybe it's higher aspirations and playing catch-up after the slow start. We should win imv. Haven't followed the stuff around Adama but the idea of Wolves accepting an offer while he's hunkered down with the sqaud the evening before a crucial match seems bizarre. Hope he starts today, just to quieten down those piercing north London voices in the media.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game seems pivotal theses days .... it wasn't always like that was it? Maybe it's higher aspirations and playing catch-up after the slow start. We should win imv. Haven't followed the stuff around Adama but the idea of Wolves accepting an offer while he's hunkered down with the sqaud the evening before a crucial match seems bizarre. Hope he starts today, just to quieten down those piercing north London voices in the media.
I know what you mean. I think it’s because of City’s dominance this season that the rest of the league has become a bit congested. We just need to keep picking up points and hope that mid table gets cut a bit further adrift.

gewolf

Reaction score
Do you all know this is our first top division visit to Brentford since 1946/47?
Wolves - Cullis, Wright, Mullen and Hancocks - finished 3rd while Brentford were relegated.
BUT they did the double over us......
For that if nothing else we surely owe them!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this might be more of a test for Gomes than the last game in some ways. Hopefully he comes through OK.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weather Adama is on the pitch , or bench , or using team bus to go see Doherty, I hope you fans there sing his name non stop...he's been the most exciting wolves player to watch since bully

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Got a feeling this will be one of those games where we just don't turn up (palace, Norwich)
Need to match the intensity and really go after them

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weather Adama is on the pitch , or bench , or using team bus to go see Doherty, I hope you fans there sing his name non stop...he's been the most exciting wolves player to watch since bully
Got me one of those. It ensure I don't go out in the rain.

Beach Umbrella

Groupie
Reaction score
The last time I went to Brentford away they knocked Halesowen Town out of the FA Cup in the first round in 1988. Lost 2:0. Hoping for a better result today. #tiolaiknd.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have my sympathy, at least you can get decent coffee nowadays. I sent my post at about 9.30, not sure why it just appeared

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very difficult game. Brentford did look very good in the first half against Man Utd last week and could have been 2 up at half time. We have to be on it from the off today or it will be a very difficult afternoon.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised to see a red card today.

Hopefully it will be against Brentford!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better still - save your voices for the players who still actually want to play for Wolves?
When's he said he doesn't Wana play for wolves??
I assume you didn't cheer , and went home sulking when the 3rd goal went in last week then????

Back
Top Bottom