Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bradford away

leominster wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Bradford City versus Wolves
Date
Saturday 26th October 2013
Kick off
3pm
Allocation and Prices
Allocation 2,650 tickets
£20 adults
£14 seniors 60+ and full time students
£12 under 16
36 wheelchair pairs of tickets prices above and carer FREE. Ambulant pay relevant age price carer FREE.
Away Coach Travel
Departure 11.00 am, £15 adults & concessions
Away Season Ticket Holders

Saturday 28th September
· 1 ticket per supporter number
· Booking methods - telesales, online or in person
Season Ticket Holders
Saturday 5th October
Supporters with at least 100 loyalty points – i.e

My Wolves members
Young Wolves members
TPS members
Saturday 12th October
· Subject to availability

For more information or to join any of these
membership schemes simply call 0871 222 1877 or
book online www.wolves.co.uk
General Sale
Saturday 19th October
· Subject to availability
· Booking methods - Telesales, online or in person
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please note all ticket sales and ticket activity relating to this game will cease at 12 noon Friday 25th October. Therefore to clarify this relates to sale of tickets, ticket refunds, ticket upgrades and ticket downgrades.
When paying via credit/debit card a non-refundable booking fee of £1.50 per ticket is applied
For ticket refunds please refer to the ticket refund policy of the host club

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like they have gave us the smallest amount of what they are entitled to give us, i would imagine on police advice or something. Valley Parade holds over 25,000 and apart from a local derby against Sheffield united where they got 18,000 there other 3 home games have attracted 13,000.

I have said before that unfortunately i can see this being a growing trend and that the home clubs will not want the bother and extra cost to police/steward of an increased away following.

J

Jungleee

Looks like they have gave us the smallest amount of what they are entitled to give us, i would imagine on police advice or something. Valley Parade holds over 25,000 and apart from a local derby against Sheffield united where they got 18,000 there other 3 home games have attracted 13,000.

I have said before that unfortunately i can see this being a growing trend and that the home clubs will not want the bother and extra cost to police/steward of an increased away following.

FFs your scaremongering is getting boring. They can give less if they want to.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

+1 . Why would clubs want to give opposition so much opportunity for support to get behind the other team and decrease their chance of result

Team outcome > revenue and so it should be

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No they can't. Club's have to release a minimum of 10% of the ground capacity (if less than 30,000) to the away club for league games. With Valley Parade holding approx. 26,000 they have pretty much gave us the bear minimum.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they can't. Club's have to release a minimum of 10% of the ground capacity (if less than 30,000) to the away club for league games. With Valley Parade holding approx. 26,000 they have pretty much gave us the bear minimum.

What's your point? They have given less because they wanted to......

J

Jungleee

I'm sure if they viewed the game as high risk they would have made an exception and given less than 2650. 2650 is still a substantial number to give to an away side if there really is as much risk as you seem to think there is. Besides, with our defeat against Walsall perhaps our away support may take a hit.

D

Deleted member 4309

Couple more losses and we might not sell the 2650 tickets. It will defo go on general sale either way so no need to worry.

D

Deleted member 4099

At it again are we. 2650 is what they've given everybody else this season.

J

Jack

The two tiered stand behind the goal has been used for most games and that only holds 1900. This leads me to think we've got half the side stand

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. They could have given us that terrible shed behind the goal but instead we are on the side in the bigger section

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The idea that League 1 clubs are trying to limit our away support and hence reduce the revenue we bring just is not plausible. If you really believe that an extra say 1000 fans would increase costs to the club of £20,000 and hence end up costing them money then you need to produce some evidence to support this.

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The idea that League 1 clubs are trying to limit our away support and hence reduce the revenue we bring just is not plausible. If you really believe that an extra say 1000 fans would increase costs to the club of £20,000 and hence end up costing them money then you need to produce some evidence to support this.

My mate both supports and works for Port Vale (albeit in their academy) and he is adamant that they lost money from our recent game with them. They had to draft in extra stewards, who had to come from an outside agency, and if anyone has had any dealings with agencies in the past you would know that they charge pretty much charge double what the actual employee gets (in this case the steward). Also they were getting paid more than what the normal Port Vale stewards were as they came under security and this was a job for them rather than volunteering which is the normal procedure at Vale. Not only this, they also had to come in early on the morning of the game to get used to the surroundings and specific safety procedures and have safety briefings etc. All in all he claims that these extra stewards were there for 8 hours each that day, starting at 10am, finishing at 6pm and them alone cost Vale (including agency fees etc) over £10,000. This then doesn't even include the police costs which was again a lot more for a normal match and also meant bringing in officers from all over Staffordshire on overtime pay.

J

Jungleee

My mate both supports and works for Port Vale (albeit in their academy) and he is adamant that they lost money from our recent game with them. They had to draft in extra stewards, who had to come from an outside agency, and if anyone has had any dealings with agencies in the past you would know that they charge pretty much charge double what the actual employee gets (in this case the steward). Also they were getting paid more than what the normal Port Vale stewards were as they came under security and this was a job for them rather than volunteering which is the normal procedure at Vale. Not only this, they also had to come in early on the morning of the game to get used to the surroundings and specific safety procedures and have safety briefings etc. All in all he claims that these extra stewards were there for 8 hours each that day, starting at 10am, finishing at 6pm and them alone cost Vale (including agency fees etc) over £10,000. This then doesn't even include the police costs which was again a lot more for a normal match and also meant bringing in officers from all over Staffordshire on overtime pay.

Maybe they should have saved themselves the time and money and told their own fans to behave?

E

Edgmond Wolf

I for one are enjoying the away trips......love the atmosphere generated

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe they should have saved themselves the time and money and told their own fans to behave?

That's it, Port Vale are gaining quite a bad reputation at the moment, plus it was a localish derby so that would have meant it was probably rated a higher potential of trouble. I don't think the number of away fans I dont think contributes to the amount of trouble anyway.

Supposedly Bradford give the allocation in stages up to a massive 5000+, but it costs extra to open up extra bars and cleaning etc in each opened block.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

But we took 4000 paying an average of around £15, so that's £60k, and judging by the sea of beer bottles I waded through to get out I would say quite a lot more in catering. They also had several thousand extra home fans. I am a bit out of touch with policing, but as I understand it the clubs only pay for policing inside the ground.
If they had restricted our following to 2000, would they really have needed that many fewer stewards? As pointed out above, the problems were almost exclusively with their own fans.

J

Jameswwfc

No way would they have been there at 10. I saw these stewards and they numbered around the 20-25 mark. 10, 000??? So the agency were charging 4-500 a day for each individual security bloke. Tell your mate he talks bull $$$$

D

Deleted member 4309

What a $$$$ and bull story. Your mate is adamant they lost money. Haha

W

wolvesultra

This whole us getting a reduced allocation $$$$$$$$ is just that scaremongering / paranoid $$$$$$$$,

Do a bit of research you'll see we are getting what everyone else gets if not more.

I'd also take a wager with anyone these make general sale at the very least! (couple of high profile games and people are vastly overestimating our away suppport, not that I'm saying its not good it)

Last edited by a moderator:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they couldn't because like has been said that doesn't hold the minimum allocation.

Why don't Man Utd give away fans 7200 tickets in the league then?

The 10% thing is a guide. and we have had that been in that stand before in 2003, the ground was exactly the same then as was the rules about allocation.

1,800 in the corner at molineux isn't 10% either

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why don't Man Utd give away fans 7200 tickets in the league then?

The 10% thing is a guide. and we have had that been in that stand before in 2003, the ground was exactly the same then as was the rules about allocation.

1,800 in the corner at molineux isn't 10% either

No it's not. The rules are 10% if a ground holds less than 30,000. Clubs with grounds that hold 30,000 are more are only liable to give a minimum of 3,000.

D

Deleted member 4099

My sister in law is both a Vale fan and steward. She was with me at the match working before hand then met me straight after. She knows nothing regards them losing money. But she is aware of a lot of meetings with the police regards there supporters. She said there fans have been getting worse for years! Nothing at all about Wolves!

W

we8wba

Why should Bradford give us more support btw??

It's like us being in prem saying only 25k sold out vs arsenal so let's give them 5k away support

Wouldn't happen

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Further to earlier comments about 10% rule I thought I'd find the regulation that covers it:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-5-fixtures_2293633_2125729

To summarise all clubs should supply 2000 tickets or 10% of certified capacity less than 20k.(No mention of 30k capacities)
Of course there is a possibility of the league reducing the 2k figure for either a specific game or period of time (no doubt to allow for rebuilding work etc)

I shall probably be going to this game then on to Manchester to watch some track cycling at the velodrome.

W

wolvesultra

No it's not. The rules are 10% if a ground holds less than 30,000. Clubs with grounds that hold 30,000 are more are only liable to give a minimum of 3,000.

the rule for the league actually 10% or 2,000 (which ever lower) how do you think we get away with giving no more than 2600

but as said think its used more as a guide than rule in the league

Last edited by a moderator:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And again I will say, how do we get away with offering 1,800 when it's lower than both 10% and 2,000?

It's an option. If clubs want the full allocation they can have it, for smaller clubs that won't sell out its better for them

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And again I will say, how do we get away with offering 1,800 when it's lower than both 10% and 2,000?

It's an option. If clubs want the full allocation they can have it, for smaller clubs that won't sell out its better for them

The policy at Wolves has been that 1500 tickets would be made available on a sale or return basis but if the club wanted the larger allocation of 2700 that all tickets would have to be paid for by the visiting club regardless of whether they were all sold.

I get the feeling that this season that policy will of changed as a few teams already have taken the larger allocation without selling out - there's no way clubs in this division would gamble on having to pay for tickets that they may not sell - we wouldn't take that gamble even when we were a prem/champ side.

W

wolvesultra

Firstly (bit pedantic this) its not 1800 its 1600 now (the Quadrant was 1800 when they didnt use nets in there, just the rails. Only remember Brighton taking 1800, now the nets are in its 1600)

And the reason we get away with it is simple we don't just offer them that we offer the quadrant option upto 1600 OR the Steve Bull lower which is upto anything between 2375-2750 depending on police category

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gillingham must have lost a fair bit of dough off that deal.

W

wolvesultra

to be honest I don't think its as simple as that any longer there is options within those two options if that makes sense,

such as taking 1900 (for example) in the Bully lower on an initial allocation basis

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Please re-read my post - what i was saying is that this WAS the policy, now i'm assuming (i'm not stating this as fact but just on the assumption of League 1 clubs finances) that Wolves now just say to the visiting side 'how many do you think you need - 1500 or 2700?' and the visiting club just returns any unsold tickets without any financial penalty.

The club first introduced the no returns policy on the larger allocations when we were in the prem (as do a lot of other clubs), this was when we were getting close to sell outs on games so this was to counter potentially missing out on further home ticket sales - but i'm guessing the club have now relaxed that stance now as it would be a bit petty to try and charge visiting clubs for unsold tickets when there are 10k+ unsold seats in the home areas, plus i'm guessing Jez has realised that by giving away teams the lower tier of the Steve Bull that the club earns extra money anyway from the higher ticket prices in there.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't know that about the netting , 200 seats lost for no reason is ridiculous. Arsenal have a little fence as well and no need for netting in most games

W

wolvesultra

I didn't know that about the netting , 200 seats lost for no reason is ridiculous. Arsenal have a little fence as well and no need for netting in most games

to be fair that is just my educated guess but like you say teams like Brighton had 1800 in the Quadrant teams since 1600 and thats around when they put the nets as well as the bar.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you have a read of the link I posted earlier section "34:2 Facilities for away supporters" states that tickets must be provided on a sale or return basis

It goes on to say the away club are entitled to commission of 5% of the aggregate sales of the tickets they sell

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
If you have a read of the link I posted earlier section "34:2 Facilities for away supporters" states that tickets must be provided on a sale or return basis

It goes on to say the away club are entitled to commission of 5% of the aggregate sales of the tickets they sell

Last bit is interesting news - so when we pay £1.50 for an away ticket (which I thought was fair enough as a handling charge), the club are also taking 5% (so another £1 or so)

Back
Top Bottom