Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boxing Day - Kick off time

North Bank

Reaction score
Does anyone know when fixture dates & times are released for December games? They've only gone up to 1st December so far.

With all Boxing Day games being live on Amazon Prime this one could be literally anytime on 26/27th.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Aren’t all Boxing Day games 3pm on Boxing Day?

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren’t all Boxing Day games 3pm on Boxing Day?

No...some will be Boxing Day, some on the 27th and I'm sure there will be at least 3 time slots each day...

Amazon Prime will also be showing all the matches on the 3rd/4th December - including our match vs WHU @19:45 on Tues 3rd.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
But it’s on Amazon not Sky?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[...]

Amazon Prime will also be showing all the matches on the 3rd/4th December - including our match vs WHU @19:45 on Tues 3rd.

And the Man City match by the looks of it - thanks for the head's up.

My wife has a Prime membership... handy.

North Bank

Reaction score
So they won’t need to move the kick offs will they?

No, they won't NEED to but they will to make it more accessible for people to watch more of the games. If there are 12:00 / 14:00 / 17:30 / 19:45 kick offs then people could potentially watch 4 games instead of 1 and are more likely to get a subscription if they already haven't. And let's face it, football is now a business and any business is in it for the money.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
December's TV games will be released around 11 October.

Even though all games currently scheduled for 26 Dec will be televised, their final timing will only be determined in the December picks. It's not impossible that some 26 Dec games end up as Friday night on 27th. I don't believe it's absolutely mandatory for Amazon to place all 10 games on 26 Dec.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, they won't NEED to but they will to make it more accessible for people to watch more of the games. If there are 12:00 / 14:00 / 17:30 / 19:45 kick offs then people could potentially watch 4 games instead of 1 and are more likely to get a subscription if they already haven't. And let's face it, football is now a business and any business is in it for the money.

Agreed, they will definitely stagger those kick-offs as much as they can.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We won't be playing West Ham on the Tuesday as we play the Sunday before. The game will have to be Wednesday or even Thursday.

F

Flynn

This whole exercise is for Amazon to pump ads at football fans. It'll be 'Black Friday' and pre-Christmas deals in the early December games, and Boxing Day sales across the 26th and 27th. They'll surely stagger the kick offs for this reason.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't be playing West Ham on the Tuesday as we play the Sunday before. The game will have to be Wednesday or even Thursday.

May well do, yes. Still down as a Tuesday match on the Wolves site, but that doesn't mean a lot...

North Bank

Reaction score
December fixtures -
H Sheff Utd - Sun 1st
H West Ham - Will move to Wed 4th (Amazon)
A Brighton - Sat 7th (Could move to Sun after playing Wed?)
H Beskitas - Thur 12th (BT)
H Spurs - Will move to Sun 15th (Both in Europe the week before)
Possible League Cup quarter final 17/18th
A Norwich - Sat 21
H Man City - 26/27th (Amazon)
A Liverpool - 28/29th (Likely picked for Sky/BT with Liverpool chasing the title)

Pretty hectic calendar for our small squad. Hope for no injuries and a few performances from the U23's.

Last edited:
N

northbank1967

December fixtures -
H Sheff Utd - Sun 1st
H West Ham - Will move to Wed 4th (Amazon)
A Brighton - Sat 7th (Could move to Sun after playing Wed?)
A Beskitas - Thur 12th (BT)
H Spurs - Will move to Sun 15th (Both in Europe the week before)
A Norwich - Sat 21
H Man City - 26/27th (Amazon)
A Liverpool - 28/29th (Likely picked for Sky/BT with Liverpool chasing the title)

Pretty hectic calendar for our small squad. Hope for no injuries and a few performances from the U23's.
beskits is home

North Bank

Reaction score
They haven't been kind to us here -
H Sheff Utd - Sun 1st
*2 days rest*
H West Ham - Wed 4th (Amazon)
*3 days rest*
A Brighton - Sun 8th (Sky)
*3 days rest*
H Beskitas - Thur 12th (BT)
*2 days rest*
H Spurs - Sun 15th
A Norwich - Sat 21
*5 days rest and a big day off for Christmas dinner*
H Man City - Fri 27th (Amazon)
*1 day rest*
A Liverpool - Sun 29th (Sky)
*2 days rest*
A Watford - Wed 1st

So 9 (Possibly 10) games in 32 days, with only 1 gap of over 3 days. 1 day off between playing the top 2 in the league, just imagine if we got 6 points.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

They’ve probably looked at how we dismantled City last week, and decided to stop us doing the same to their beloved Liverpool, we have to play them 36 hours after playing City.

I think most play 26th & 28th so doing us 27th & 29th is not a massive difference even if the times aren't kind.

But by not moving Watford to the 2nd (Liverpool's game on NYD has been moved back) we effectively have to prioritise and obviously Liverpool is the one you sacrifice. It does seem like what you say.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve probably looked at how we dismantled City last week, and decided to stop us doing the same to their beloved Liverpool, we have to play them 36 hours after playing City.

I thought you needed 2 x full days between ?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devastated.
Always loved traditional boxing day matches, gets me out the house when the inlaws are round. Will need to come up with an excuse now, any ideas?

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Oh just **** OFF. Boxing Day on the 27th, bloody knobheads.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
H Man City - Fri 27th (Amazon)
*1 day rest*
A Liverpool - Sun 29th (Sky)
*2 days rest*
A Watford - Wed 1st

That hectic schedule is really going to test our small squad.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
For me the Christmas fixtures, and the Boxing Day fixture in particular, is one of the things I love most about Christmas. An evening game the day after is a real anticlimax. Might be great for those watching on TV but for those who attend it's a right downer.

Liverpool fans (through The Spirit of Shankly) have complained about the timing of their games (about the inconvenience of fans rather than the team playing fixtures so close together), particularly the 8pm Boxing Day kick off against Leicester. They also mention our match in their statement:

Spirit of Shankly said: “There is no national train service running on this day and local public transport is likely to be severely reduced – if operating at all by the time of the game finishing. Both sets of supporters will encounter difficulty getting to and from the stadium. A consequence of such a disdainful, zero-consideration change means LFC’s following fixture, at home to Wolves, is also to be moved to Sunday 29 December, again with inconvenience and negative implications for fans and workers. Spirit of Shankly call on the authorities to do the right thing and revert all Boxing Day fixtures to a sensible kick-off time. We suggest 3pm.”

Liverpool fans fuming over Amazon's 8pm Boxing Day fixture change

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Devastated.
Always loved traditional boxing day matches, gets me out the house when the inlaws are round. Will need to come up with an excuse now, any ideas?

tell them the queues in the Steve bull are so bad you need to leave the house Boxing Day?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The atmosphere on the 27th is likely to be dreadful, proper downer.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devastated.
Go to the ‘game’ on Boxing Day, when you get there blame TV/Amazon for not informing you of the date change, you were so disappointed you met several other like minded Wolves fans and stayed up town and had some beers. Repeat on the 27th.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can you imagine the outrage from the Bindippers if they were the ones playing Friday and Sunday?

M

Mr Wolf

Maybe because I’m in my 30’s but why does everyone hate Liverpool more than say Man Utd. Is it just success & the fact they have the most fans or anything else. Liverpool apart from the odd cup, fair enough CL a few great wins have done **** all PL wise in my lifetime apart from finish 2nd 3/4 times.

Calling them bin dippers & sign on. Been to Liverpool a few times & it ****s on Wolvo & probably Bham for a night out.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The older ones of us will remember when Boxing Day games were the biggest of the season. Nearly every club had its highest attendance for the Boxing Day fixture. Television may have invested millions into our game but it has ruined one of the finest traditions.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe because I’m in my 30’s but why does everyone hate Liverpool more than say Man Utd. Is it just success & the fact they have the most fans or anything else. Liverpool apart from the odd cup, fair enough CL a few great wins have done **** all PL wise in my lifetime apart from finish 2nd 3/4 times.

Calling them bin dippers & sign on. Been to Liverpool a few times & it ****s on Wolvo & probably Bham for a night out.
Growing up in the late 70s early 80s Liverpool were the team the glory hunters supported much like Fergies United side they were bloody everywhere. Now there’s still a massive media love in with them and their fans expect everyone else to love them too.

M

merseawolf

I hate Liverpool and Man U in equal measure. The plastic glory hunting fans in the 80’s following Liverpool then the same in the 90’s with Utd. I still have friends in their 50’s who support them and have never been to OT or Anfield. Very easy to wind up though

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it that we play Man City twice before playing liverpool once??
I thought that we played everyone once before the reverse fixtures started ?
Quirk of the scheduling calendar I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom