Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict Thread - Up the Gary !

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing I've noticed recently under GON that's really encouraging to me, is the unity within the squad. I don't think we've seen this level of togetherness since Nuno. GON has them all pulling in the same direction. We are a proper team again. Individually we may not be as good as we were under Nuno, but we have some fight, every player knows their role and they're willing to fight for each other.

There is a warmth about this squad that hasn't existed since Nuno's departure, it feels like we're slowly getting our team back, as cliche as that sounds!
Well said. It’s something I’ve noticed and been surprised by. It counts for a lot.

Dont want to get too carried away on the back of a few decent results but we have a fairly young set of players that have shown that they can compete with any team (in the best league in the world).

My glass is half full again.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are being a bit harsh on Hwang, yes he made the most of it but he was literally butted in the face, he didn’t fake the contact.
Whats he meant to do ? Brush his forehead and say " excuse me sir , would you awfully mind not doing that ? "
If VAR was as good as TMO in rugby ,it d be picked up anyway

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traveling today so followed on phone, so happy with the win.
How did Scott look for them, does he look worth all the hype?
First game for Scott after lengthy injury.
Looked comfortable at times and wasn't scared to accept the ball.
Think there's the making of a good player imo. Whether he's worth £25 million is debatable, but i guess we'll find out the goodness of time.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
MOTD lol, why bother commenting on our forward line firing in a good brace when you can just show the sending off that they all agreed instantly was a red instead and moan how Hwang went down.

If Hwang didn't go down, we get **** all, I don't like play acting, but one angle showed definite contact and Hwang was well in his rights to highlight it to the ref and VAR vindicated him..

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that every goal we have scored in the league this season has been by a forward.?
10 out of 10 for GON for getting them firing again.

Correct. 5 by Hwang, 2 each by Sasa and Cunha, 1 for Neto and 1 OG vs City
And at least 8 of the assists are by the forwards - Neto 6, Hwang 1 yesterday and Cunha to Hwang against Citeh. Possibly even more?

Anyone crying out for another striker in January, yes, I get the "if he's injured or suspended" arguments - but surely our priority now is to get the outfielders in midfield/defence to contribute more at the attacking end of the pitch?

Anyway, it's a feelgood day today and I'm sure GO is working on this.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since City we've kept things much simpler. It's not pretty but it's definitely getting results. We basically have to play 5 at the back.

Bournemouth were poor. Overplaying cost them the winner and their players lost control.

Feeling more positive now even tho it's not good on the eye. Our squad just isn't as bad as some here kept saying so we just need to play to their strengths.
I think some of the play is great to watch, there was some fabulous interplay on the left with a back heel from Cunha.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some of the play is great to watch, there was some fabulous interplay on the left with a back heel from Cunha.
Some great stuff at times. We're starting to see the seeds of how GON wants to play and it's no coincidence our forwards are now scoring every game

Which is why it was a nonsense to write him off so soon

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks NNW (and others). Been a tough couple of weeks.

My Nan passed away 2 weeks ago (had a fantastic innings at 93). My Mum has cancer and was told last week they would have to stop her chemo as it has damaged her heart. Then last weekend, my Dad’s gall bladder exploded so was taken into A&E for emergency surgery. He developed sepsis so was touch and go for a couple of days but has rallied to the extent that I was able to watch the game with him today.

So have been in various hospitals across the country for the last couple of weeks (God Bless the NHS and those who work within it).

The win brought a much needed smile to our faces.
Very tough times Tring, look after yourself as well as your loved ones

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great day out.
Dartmoor Jail Ale with a couple of Bournemouth fans in the Cricketers, an "away win", celebratory ales in the Goat & Tricycle, Turkish cuisine, a cracking seafront hotel with excellent full English and a morning walk on the beach.
The England cricket and rugby results marred what would have been a complete day, but then, one out of three ain't bad.

Last edited:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make no mistake though, this is a massive win for us and GON. For doubters of him like myself, it's wins like these that make me step back a bit and gives that bit more time to see how he develops. You can't do that if you aren't beating the worst sides in the league. Still not convinced by him, as I wasn't by Lage even when he was doing well, but at least if we keep doing this you can have a bit more breathing room to see our direction.
Thing is this attitude is a winner 90% of the time. Most managers will ultimately fail.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said. It’s something I’ve noticed and been surprised by. It counts for a lot.

Dont want to get too carried away on the back of a few decent results but we have a fairly young set of players that have shown that they can compete with any team (in the best league in the world).

My glass is half full again.
He does appear to have given them confidence, which can be half the battle.

Perhaps he’s looked at our squad and thought these are good players and can compete and wants to work with them instead of publicly stating it’s not enough (something we heard all summer from JLo). Never underestimate what confidence can do.

Neto and Hwang are clearly enjoying it.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Writing in today's Mail on Sunday Ryan Walker writes " Sa played a stupid pass out to Billing on the edge of the box with minutes remaining. Neto stole possession. Hwang played in Kalajdzic, who dinked it home".
Was he watching on steam radio.
FFS.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Writing in today's Mail on Sunday Ryan Walker writes " Sa played a stupid pass out to Billing on the edge of the box with minutes remaining. Neto stole possession. Hwang played in Kalajdzic, who dinked it home".
Was he watching on steam radio.
FFS.
Well that's humiliating for Hack Walker.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD lol, why bother commenting on our forward line firing in a good brace when you can just show the sending off that they all agreed instantly was a red instead and moan how Hwang went down.

If Hwang didn't go down, we get **** all, I don't like play acting, but one angle showed definite contact and Hwang was well in his rights to highlight it to the ref and VAR vindicated him..
I do recall, when our forwards went a year without scoring, the pundits didn't have a problem pointing that out.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loved that clip of Derry. You could feel the “****ing get in there” from the screen.
You can see the Good Cop, Bad Cop dynamic with GON and Derry pretty easily. You can also see that GON has a bit of fire when it's necessary....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks NNW (and others). Been a tough couple of weeks.

My Nan passed away 2 weeks ago (had a fantastic innings at 93). My Mum has cancer and was told last week they would have to stop her chemo as it has damaged her heart. Then last weekend, my Dad’s gall bladder exploded so was taken into A&E for emergency surgery. He developed sepsis so was touch and go for a couple of days but has rallied to the extent that I was able to watch the game with him today.

So have been in various hospitals across the country for the last couple of weeks (God Bless the NHS and those who work within it).

The win brought a much needed smile to our faces.
Feel for you friend, sadly life can get extremely hard as close relatives age, great that you enjoyed yesterday's game with your dad, treasure the moments.

loppers86

Reaction score
Well I was very much in the 'what the hell have we done?' camp and if the egg currently on my face turns into a massive great omelette, I'll be delighted. Let's not rewrite history though and start on about people who criticised his appointment, this forum was divided between people who thought it was a mistake and wanted him gone, and those who thought it was a mistake, but we had to give him a chance. Maybe Hobbs is a genius, let's not get too carried away yet though.
my thoughts exactly.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be an umpopular opinion on here, but that was embarrassing stuff by the Korean guy. However, there was contact so it should've been a red anyway.

Doyle was pretty impressive and the finishing for our goals was good, nice to see us attack down the middle. Chuffed for the PE teacher, he might claim that didn't particularly matter but no-one believes him!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching a Bournemouth fan vlog on YouTube and come across this peach of a comment so thought I'd share it...

Bournemouth are like the woman who was
living on the streets. Along came a man to
rescue her and rescue her he did. Sure, he
couldn't offer her riches but she got three
square meals a day and a warm bed at night.

Then one day her head was turned. She was promised a fast car and fancy clothes. She was told that her current partner was a boring pragmatist that could never take her to the heights she thought she deserved

And so she ditched the man who rescued her for a much more flash and exciting man. He wore better clothes, was more handsome and promised her the world. Her family were delighted, even turning on the man who had took her off the streets
Meanwhile, her former partner stuck to his
principles and took on another hopeless case who just so happened to have been deserted by a flash Spanish man who had also promised the world.

This woman's family had heard what had
been said about him and were not impressed. Surely he was a bore, a pragmatist that could never take them to the heights. Yeah, hell give you a bed and three square meals, but don't expect any caviar, was the warning ringing in their ears.

Well, after experiencing the flash Spaniard I must say that I'm preferring the humble meals served by our Gary. He's not going to get us into debt and has somehow brought unity and a good spirit to the family.

Good luck with your new man...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the game but seen the highlights. Good result and takes a bit of pressure of us with a tough fixture next weekend.

Two really nice goals and Cunha, Sasa, Hwang and Neto are all really likeable characters in different ways so it's good to see them all flourishing. Actually enjoying watching us this past few weeks.

Hwang made a meal of the 'headbutt' but if he doesn't go down I don't think the fella gets sent off, and we'd be here moaning that once again our players are too nice and aren't streetwise enough. Something really noticeable at times.

Seven points from Man City, Villa and Bournemouth is good going.

On the game, don't suppose anybody has found the full match replay doing the rounds? Would be keen to watch it when I get some spare time over the next couple of days.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching a Bournemouth fan vlog on YouTube and come across this peach of a comment so thought I'd share it...

Then one day her head was turned. She was promised a fast car and fancy clothes. She was told that her current partner was a boring pragmatist that could never take her to the heights she thought she deserved

And so she ditched the man who rescued her for a much more flash and exciting man. He wore better clothes, was more handsome and promised her the world. Her family were delighted, even turning on the man who had took her off the streets
principles and took on another hopeless case who just so happened to have been deserted by a flash Spanish man who had also promised the world.

been said about him and were not impressed. Surely he was a bore, a pragmatist that could never take them to the heights. Yeah, hell give you a bed and three square meals, but don't expect any caviar, was the warning ringing in their ears.

Well, after experiencing the flash Spaniard I must say that I'm preferring the humble meals served by our Gary. He's not going to get us into debt and has somehow brought unity and a good spirit to the family.

Gary’s always reminded me of the first kid who passes his driving test at school.. he probably drove a Ford KA and would try and make friends by saying “pile in lads, I am off to Maccies” at lunch breaks. Only to be seen driving around by himself again month later when other people passed their tests.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s nice to see us coming from going a goal down, it’s a good indication of team spirit. I also liked GON’s post match comments, deflected the comments about revenge, gave a lot of credit to the players and also expressed how grateful a club like Wolves had given him a chance.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Bournemouth fans are so deluded. They still don't think he did all that keeping them up last term. It's insane.

Idk why they would compare themselves to a homeless woman whose family has abandoned her for sad reasons...but that ain't wolves.

Last edited:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some folks have the most wonderfully colourful imagination. :laughing:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the game, don't suppose anybody has found the full match replay doing the rounds? Would be keen to watch it when I get some spare time over the next couple of days.
Haven’t found one, really annoying.
Places I usually find them have every match except ours listed. The Yanited game kicking off 5 hours later was up ages ago. Not enough plastics to bother posting Muff vs Wolves obviously.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been a massive GON critic. Didn’t want him anywhere near the club, but from the last 3 games it appears I may have been wrong.
Well said mate. Despite also being a fierce critic GON's performance in the last 3 games I too think I may have been wrong as well...
The team seem to be right behind him.
UTW!! :) :)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So I'm rewatching this match (thank you Peacock), and I am a guy on the Internet with thoughts. Caveat that I have no expertise whatsoever.

To be honest, the first half just was not that bad. The number of driving, dangerous situations Wolves got into where the final ball didn't come off was impressive. Unless you think of Bournemouth as basically being like a Championship side, I think you'd have to say Wolves looked pretty good. A lot more incisive than Bournemouth generally....

There was very little pointless possession and a whole lot of guys trying to do something dangerous and having it almost work.

Other stuff...Doc straight couldn't move. No explosion at all. Warrior performance to play it sounds like. That said things slowed down when it came to him. He knew where to be, he just had nothing agility wise...again probably bc he was carrying a groin problem.

Scott was also getting worked. Bypassed so many times. He was way off the pace. Decent passing....but he was a non-entity defensively. Cook was holding that together with his fingernails until he got sent off.

Would have been nice to see that match 11v11 for the whole second half. I think Wolves score a couple...they were really blowing through the midfield.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be an umpopular opinion on here, but that was embarrassing stuff by the Korean guy. However, there was contact so it should've been a red anyway.

Doyle was pretty impressive and the finishing for our goals was good, nice to see us attack down the middle. Chuffed for the PE teacher, he might claim that didn't particularly matter but no-one believes him!
Hwangs reaction was about on par with that of the Luton player who got Bellegarde sent off.
Both probably red cards, but a bit sad the game has to be conducted this way.

JJ59

Reaction score
Hwangs reaction was about on par with that of the Luton player who got Bellegarde sent off.
Both probably red cards, but a bit sad the game has to be conducted this way.
Significant difference being that Hwang received a yellow card but the Luton player who had pinned Bellegarde to the ground with his legs, ie caused the problem in the first place, got away scot free. Double standards as usual by the ref. Loads of examples of minor grabs/shift pulls by Luton but no cards, Wolves 2 yellow plus one red.

JJ59

Reaction score
Wasn't even a dinked finish. Simple side footer. Although dinked sounds vaguely like a racist slur and it is the mail ... So .
I read somewhere that for some time AI was used to write some football game account because of the sheer number of games. Does anyone know anything about this?

fleck1

Reaction score
We missed Mario in the middle of the park first half. Both Gomes and Bouba are bundles of energy but very raw still, the introduction of Doyle to put his foot on the ball, dictate play changed the game. Even before the red the tweek in the middle of the park had swung the game around, so fair play to GON.

Bit of a strange one to see some people calling Hwang out for going down. The same people were saying Luton were more savvy and street smart than us after 5 minutes in the league after that game. We watched Lockyer make the most of a tangle to get Bellegarde sent off the other week, we watch the pundits calling Kane & Salah etc clever for buying decisions week in week out. The are are no extra points on offer for being moral bastions of the game and we know VAR won't do us any favours either.

Back
Top Bottom