Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict Thread - Up the Gary !

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Delighted with the result and the nice cushion between us and the bottom three. Thought we were a bit lucky to get the win though. We lacked intensity throughout the game for me. Luckily Bournemouth decided to self destruct.

That said, both goals had some real quality. Doyle's ball and Cunha's finish were sublime and another assist for Pedro. Then Traore's quick ball and Hwang's excellent little pass for a lovely little finish by Sasa.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So should be fit for Newcastle with doc probably out as he has done he groin

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 wins this season and all of them in each of the kits!

It was a fine finish by Cunha to get back on terms and Sasa’s goal might have been simple to stroke home, but him getting the ball back from Solanke and putting him on the floor was brilliant.

A comeback win away from home, 4 unbeaten, 8 points in 12, 2 wins in 3, 7 clear of the drop zone and the attackers doing a job!

That will do rather nicely and bring on the Geordies next Saturday.
It was Billings!

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor first half and a poor game in general but that Doyle fella changed the way we played, gave the rest confidence to go for it

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks NNW (and others). Been a tough couple of weeks.

My Nan passed away 2 weeks ago (had a fantastic innings at 93). My Mum has cancer and was told last week they would have to stop her chemo as it has damaged her heart. Then last weekend, my Dad’s gall bladder exploded so was taken into A&E for emergency surgery. He developed sepsis so was touch and go for a couple of days but has rallied to the extent that I was able to watch the game with him today.

So have been in various hospitals across the country for the last couple of weeks (God Bless the NHS and those who work within it).

The win brought a much needed smile to our faces.
The best to you. It is sad as people get ill when they get older but that is life. Always think of the good times. I hope for they will have good recoveries.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha gives you running, sasa gives you a target. I'd say it depends who we're playing.
For me you need a striker in every game! We've not had one since Jimenez's injury and Cunha is not an out and out striker; he spends most of the game out wide or in mf. He needs to play in and around where he scored today. Sasa looks an accomplished finisher to me but will most probably this season play off the bench.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say I thought he would be a weak link if he was fully fit, credit to him if he's played through an injury in our hour of need. Sounded like he put some good balls in, as ever his attacking contribution is his strength.
He did his groin shouldn't have played but Gona suggesting no cover for position and we need squad depth and signings in Jan

Guess he had an injection and got on with it but with semedo back I expect doc will.be out

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say I thought he would be a weak link if he was fully fit, credit to him if he's played through an injury in our hour of need. Sounded like he put some good balls in, as ever his attacking contribution is his strength.
Said in the week , Doherty would be fine against the weaker teams in a back 5........he might actually help a bit against the more physical teams who sit as such......as he is probably better in the air and gets in the box better ....would be a massive downgrade on semedo against the quicker teams who play on the floor....so semedo back in against Newcastle....

Said in the week.... Newcastle n spurs at home Semedo..... Bournemouth n sheff utd away Doherty....

But credit to Doherty for playing if he was injured..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He did his groin shouldn't have played but Gona suggesting no cover for position and we need squad depth and signings in Jan

Guess he had an injection and got on with it but with semedo back I expect doc will.be out
This is the trouble with these bloody managers, win a couple of games and they start expecting to actually be able to sign players!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On bellegarde im guessing the fact Gon said there are players missing out who you wouldn't expect, guess he's one of the first names on the sheet for gon

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't resist trawling the Bournemouth fans forums. Some calling for Big Sam. Love it!
They aren’t a bad side, they just don’t have good enough players for how the manager wants them to play - just yet.

I actually think they might be alright.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You saying you think we need 3 players for each position!?

If those were his comments it’s pretty damning on Jonny.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win, and O'Neil got the changes spot on in fairness. Think it's a matter of time before Sasa starts imo
Think he's doing a great job as a player that finishes games rather than starts!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible game to watch, even at ten men they had chances, not like us at Luton. However a wins a win but I’m still in the camp of this is a lucky manager not a good one, but maybe being lucky is better

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't go and didn't watch. But you can't argue with 8 points from 4 games. Hoping we have acquired a midfield diamond in Doyle. We so need a commanding presence in midfield who isn't just a destroyer. I have a sneaking suspicion we may be on the verge of a very good team when everyone is fit and available, and if GON can mould them into a unit. The elements are there.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly his half time team talk’s aren’t as bad as people thought.

And he got all the changes spot on again.

Promising stuff and a lovely 3 points.

Only criticism of today is another 6 bookings! Another fine, and more players who will be treading a tightrope again soon.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know much about the match, other than seeing the goals and knowing we won. But that's an unbelievable points haul from the last 3 games and a great turn around after disappointing results against Luton, Ipswich and Palace etc. Plus great to see Neto, Cunha, Hwang and Sasa playing well, and our defence looking better. Plus players like Traore and Doyle coming in an doing well. Bloody hell, I'm starting to feel optimistic and positive about things again. Well done Gary - keep making me look like a numpty!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said in the week , Doherty would be fine against the weaker teams in a back 5........he might actually help a bit against the more physical teams who sit as such......as he is probably better in the air and gets in the box better ....would be a massive downgrade on semedo against the quicker teams who play on the floor....so semedo back in against Newcastle....

Said in the week.... Newcastle n spurs at home Semedo..... Bournemouth n sheff utd away Doherty....

But credit to Doherty for playing if he was injured..

And their goal didn't come from his side. I didn't think he was that bad - he just kind of held the right side down without doing anything specially good or specially good. Finding out he wasn't fully fit, raises it a lot and shows the value of having experienced professionals like him around.

On the other side, we did look dodgy on our left for much of the first half, but I think GON made a tactical tweak which sorted it out after their goal. RAN seemed nowhere defensively in the first 30 mins or so, but then started appearing. Hard to tell exactly, I think RAN moved 5 - 10 yards backwards and Toti moved left and up a bit to close the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom