Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth v Wolves comms thread.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unconvincing win. Our passing lacked the quality of a side at our level but the important thing is the result. He eventually put Sasa on and his golden boot did the trick with a quality strikers goal from being in the right place at the right time. Clearly a lot of work to be done but the results are coming. Isn't it a great feeling on a Saturday from a game with a ko of 3pm.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge result. Thought Dawson, Neto and Doyle were the pick of our players. Great finish from Cunha for the first and a delightful pass from Hwang for the second. Sasa can definitely finish.

Had an awful week with my Dad being taken into hospital last weekend and for a couple of days, things looked very touch and go for him. Improved during the week to the extent that I’ve managed to watch the game with him in the ward today and that’s cheered him up no end.

First half nearly finished him off though ;)

Cheers Gary and the boys. Really needed that.
Best wishes for your dad Tring.
Glad the Wolves got a result for him, and us UTW

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traore was OK I thought, his passing is awful though, so many times he gets the pass wrong, behind a player or not into there line of running. Guessing he was preferred over Doyle for his physicality. I'd like to see more of Doyle, tidy player.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most important thing is 7 points clear of the relegation spots. It's not a mountain for the bottom three just yet, but when it starts getting to 10 or 12 points cushion then it allows for a mid season slump. Not counting any chickens just yet, but say what you like keep racking up these points and PE teacher or not O'Neil is starting to deserve a little more credit.

These wins breed confidence in the players and their confidence in him.

Well done GON. Tough place to go, we would be seen as one of their must win home games and we were without 3 starters in Lemina, Semedo, and Bellgarde.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unconvincing win. Our passing lacked the quality of a side at our level but the important thing is the result. He eventually put Sasa on and his golden boot did the trick with a quality strikers goal from being in the right place at the right time. Clearly a lot of work to be done but the results are coming. Isn't it a great feeling on a Saturday from a game with a ko of 3pm.
A lovely run from Sasa and a perfect pass. That’s how you capitalise on half chances..

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is he short then?
Yeah, he's on the edge athletically. A bit like Gaz as a player in a way...

Absolute metronome if he can hang physically. Against an athletic, aggressive midfield I think he would look off it.

Watching that game and reading the play as the type of game for Doyle is good stuff from the manager.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I had the courage of my convictions. Bet £150 @ 2/1 at the start. Bet another £50 at 7/1 when we went one down…
Then at 60 minutes, 1-1 and Bournemouth down to 10 men, I bottled it and took a £370 cash out inc stake.
I know a win is a win but had I more faith, I’d have had an extra £500.
However, my Mrs always being a voice of reason said, “this is Wolves you’re talking about. It would’ve been just as likely for them to lose 2-1”
So, after packing her bags for her and kicking her out the house, I’ve now alone with the solace of both a bookies win and more importantly, 3 away points.
Up the Wolves

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely win. Gifted to us in the end but after we equalised I fancied us to go on anyway.

Now let’s get something against Newcastle.

When teams are under pressure, that's when these mistakes are more likely. We kept the pressure on throughout the second half. Possibly did it better than at some times in the past, in the horseshoe of doom days, made it too easy to play against as we had no intensity. Just needed the finish.

Even though we had a poor first half, we created some decent chances today - we won it through a goalkeeping error, but theres still a lot for Sasa (and Hwang, I think?) to do and Neto missed what would have been goal of the season so far, earlier.

Fair result. Considering Bournemouth were supposed to be "evolving to better football", they really just sat back and tried to pounce on our mistakes. Must feel terrible to their fans, being outplayed by their rejected manager... :p:p:p:p:p

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge result. Thought Dawson, Neto and Doyle were the pick of our players. Great finish from Cunha for the first and a delightful pass from Hwang for the second. Sasa can definitely finish.

Had an awful week with my Dad being taken into hospital last weekend and for a couple of days, things looked very touch and go for him. Improved during the week to the extent that I’ve managed to watch the game with him in the ward today and that’s cheered him up no end.

First half nearly finished him off though ;)

Cheers Gary and the boys. Really needed that.
Hope Dad is on the way to full and speedy recovery Tring!!

Treasure every moment

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldnt care less its been done to us lots of times about time we did it too dont like it but when opposition teams do it to us we have to give it back

Exactly! It's unpleasant, but we've been on the receiving end of the unpleasantness so many times. Made a change to see it the other way. It was far more a red than Bellegarde the other week, for example. And if it had been one of our players doing the head butt, we'd have blamed him. The ref gave Hwang a yellow, too, so I think he got it right. Bournemouth got stuck in a few times and got away with it, some shirt pulls missed by the ref. They had it coming, they looked worse disciplined than us last season when we were petulant and whingy most the time.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traore was OK I thought, his passing is awful though, so many times he gets the pass wrong, behind a player or not into there line of running. Guessing he was preferred over Doyle for his physicality. I'd like to see more of Doyle, tidy player.
Traore grew into it I think, had an awful first half though.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I criticised Wolves earlier but i am big enough to say that straight from the kickoff 2nd half Cunha scored and they never looked back Bournemouth got very nervous and then completely imploded with sending off Well done Wolves and O’Neill

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle def the difference.

Demanding the ball with composure
He was absolutely fantastic, he dictated the flow of the game in a way we don’t have in the midfield.

Good range of passing like we expected, but he wanted the ball and made sure he was an option, didn’t hide from the ball. Great showing from the lad.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got better when Doyle came on I thought.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I can't get to the match I hate listening to it on the radio, shame their wasn't another way

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I had the courage of my convictions. Bet £150 @ 2/1 at the start. Bet another £50 at 7/1 when we went one down…
Then at 60 minutes, 1-1 and Bournemouth down to 10 men, I bottled it and took a £370 cash out inc stake.
I know a win is a win but had I more faith, I’d have had an extra £500.
However, my Mrs always being a voice of reason said, “this is Wolves you’re talking about. It would’ve been just as likely for them to lose 2-1”
So, after packing her bags for her and kicking her out the house, I’ve now alone with the solace of both a bookies win and more importantly, 3 away points.
Up the Wolves
I had hwang to score/assist neto score/assist and wolves win at half time. Nice little 9/1

Bulls the man

Reaction score
Great win today
The type of game we normally slip up in
So pleased for Sasa,I think he could become a cult figure if he gets the rub of the green with fitness

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading the posts pre Cunha's goal, and post, couldn't stop laughing!
It was a thread of two half's. :tearsofjoy:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly seem to be able to hold possession better with him on the pitch.. moves the ball nicely
Exactly. He moves the ball forward and finds seams that we don't normally try.

He's definitely needing to put on some muscle/weight/strength though.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For his age and his price? He's ****ing fantastic. Not sure the last time we've had a player with his vision in the midfield.
Okay….I stand corrected….he’s fantastic and /or excellant.

He was on today for a very short time before you labelled him as excellent…….you have a unique talent to spot that.
And Pep loaned him to us.
At that point I thought he was good.…..not even very good but as I say, at that point.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Okay….I stand corrected….he’s fantastic and /or excellant.

He was on today for a very short time before you labelled him as excellent…….you have a unique talent to spot that.
And Pep loaned him to us.
At that point I thought he was good.…..not even very good but as I say, at that point.
That was a permanent transfer. And he had a great pass like a minute into the second half that was already enough of a difference maker to open people's eyes. He got Pedro Neto in the pocket like half a dozen times. The combo of him and Traore looked very useful.

It's enough to give you a sense he could be a useful contributor in the league. That's something I did not feel as good about twenty-four hours ago.

Back
Top Bottom