Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth/Don't Panic Thread

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last year they started well, with two wins and a +5 GD. Then they only won one in eight, an horrendous run that went through to October. Then we all know what happened (and they got to 90 points). Imagine how many would be calling for Big Sam if we don't win again until October!

Don't panic!

M

MOLINEUXWOLFIE

Please don't compare us to Bournemouth!!

I can't take any more :'(

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the comparisons, no need to panic period. We have to accept that for what he was worth to the team, Sako would have been hard to replace..you would have had to spend millions on a PL standard player to replace him. When he gets fit and starts playing for Palace we may well see what a hell of a player he was for us. KJ has done a great job for us so far and a dodgy start to the season shouldnt cloud that. Hause was playing against PL standard strikers tonight and will certainly learn a lot more and gain valuable experience. Ikeme should never have been dropped and will be back on Saturday, Baath will be back soon, and most importantly KJ will have learnt more about the team and i still back him to put things right. He is fiercely ambitious and has a steely determination that his first really major appointment will not go south.Wolves will get better as the season progresses..im confident we will finish in the top six.!

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the beginning of the season is always a "sorting out" time - ask Chelski and Arsenal!

i trust in KJ to sort out the best team - he still has a few he has barely tried and Wallace is on his way to fitness

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difference is Bournemouth had a far superior side to us.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isn't panic. There are fundamental flaws in this team , big gaping holes in certain areas. What can change is confidence. But the younger the team the more volatile the swings.

If we are still making the same mistakes and we still have the same underlying issues after Preston away, that's when I'll be hitting the panic alarm.

T

The Pundit

The issue is the narrow diamond worked brilliantly for 30 mins where we played some of best football of the season. I'm not sure Kenny will be so moved to change things die to individual errors. The goals weren't exactly systemic failures. They came from a back 4.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Difference is Bournemouth had a far superior side to us.

They did.

Their whole game was better, more dynamic and fluid with the whole team fully attuned to and capable of delivering on the method.

It's all about the cogs being right.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there's panic. Panic comes when it looks like we're going down, which we're not.

Everybody is just annoyed as we're set for a season of midtable mediocrity when the flaws are so easy to see this early on, something that people at the club can surely see, too.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've also played 2 relegated premier league sides, we wont play vs Austin and Phillips every week.
Also under Stale didn#t we pick up 7 points out of 9? We know what happened after that.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've also played 2 relegated premier league sides, we wont play vs Austin and Phillips every week.
Also under Stale didn#t we pick up 7 points out of 9? We know what happened after that.

We had also played 2 relegated PL teams this time last year and took 6 points off those games....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference is they didn't play this crap formation and had two class wingers. Our current attacking midfielders are Edwards and Henry!

Sanewolf

Reaction score
After watching that last night you want to compare us to the team who ran away with the league last season ?

Jesus

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would anybody panic after 3 league games? We've only lost one bloody game to a team that was relegated from the Premier League last year and spend the entire national debt of Greece on their weekly wage bill.

Admittedly they did have Karl Henry playing for them but if it hadn't been for our on loan goalkeeper having hands made entirely from twiglets we'd have most probably got something out of the game.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had also played 2 relegated PL teams this time last year and took 6 points off those games....

Yeah the same season we struggled vs bottom sides.
The season is a marathon not a sprint. If we lose after Saturday i can bet you will be one of the first calling for big Sam to save our season.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah the same season we struggled vs bottom sides.
The season is a marathon not a sprint. If we lose after Saturday i can bet you will be one of the first calling for big Sam to save our season.

Not a chance.... but Ruud Gullit on the other hand....

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wasn't comparing us to Bournemouth. Just pointing out that a bad couple of games isn't necessarily the end for us, and things may take a while to come together. As happened last season to Bournemouth.

Also wasn't suggesting everyone was $$$$ting it already, rather this might be a good thread to dig up at appropriate times in the future.

Finally, I don't recall anyone shouting about how terrific Bournemouth were until at least Christmas. And as for their players, it's easy to be wise after the event but again, I don't recall any great love-in for their squad besides Wilson. Ritchie et al were going under the radar for a lot of us non-obsessives.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Why would anybody panic after 3 league games? We've only lost one bloody game to a team that was relegated from the Premier League last year and spend the entire national debt of Greece on their weekly wage bill.

Admittedly they did have Karl Henry playing for them but if it hadn't been for our on loan goalkeeper having hands made entirely from twiglets we'd have most probably got something out of the game.

This in Spades

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Both Hull and QPR had footballing brains.
We need to toughen up quickly if we want to get anything out of this god forsaken division, and an attacking midfielder wouldn't go a miss either !

W

Wolfgang Wolf

panic ? of course not .. but to ignore that but for a referee and goalie mistake we would have 1 point from 9 would be equally stupid

Back
Top Bottom