Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bottom at Xmas

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not a rant or a negative post but just wondering about our fixtures up to Xmas. For me the frustrating thing about our recent results is that we should have beaten (on paper) more of the recent teams we have played.

This led me to think about the rest of our fixtures up to Xmas and whether we are at risk of being bottom on Xmas day (and we all know what that means)**

My predictions

Current - 9 Points

Lose - 9 Points A Man City
Win - 12 Points h Wigan
Draw - 13 Points A Everton
Lose - 13 Points A Chealsea
Draw - 14 Points H Sunderland
Lose - 14 Points A Man U
Lose - 14 Points H Stoke
Win - 17 Points H Norwich

17 - 17 Points

So I have us at a point a game - this should probably see us at about 15/16th i.e where we are now.

This also shows how important Wigan and Norwich are..... hopefully we can nick a result elsewhere

** I am of course aware that not being bottom at Xmas means you are safe from relegation!!!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we had 8 points

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doh.................. Amended

16 should still be enough to keep us from bottom

No not a rant or a negative post but just wondering about our fixtures up to Xmas. For me the frustrating thing about our recent results is that we should have beaten (on paper) more of the recent teams we have played.

This led me to think about the rest of our fixtures up to Xmas and whether we are at risk of being bottom on Xmas day (and we all know what that means)**

My predictions

Current - 8 Points

Lose - 8 Points A Man City
Win - 11 Points h Wigan
Draw - 12 Points A Everton
Lose - 12 Points A Chealsea
Draw - 13 Points H Sunderland
Lose - 13 Points A Man U
Lose - 13 Points H Stoke
Win - 16 Points H Norwich

17 - 16 Points

QUOTE]

R

Redditch Wolves

We need to win our home games against the teams around us and at this moment in time we are not doing so. Plus we will have to nick some points on the road.

My concern is the two games against high flying City could see us take two real beatings and hammer the confidence in the camp even further, bad times!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom by Christmas - I thought we'd be bottom this Saturday but Wigan play Fulham so by default one of them has to be below us. All pretty depressing isn't it?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No matter how many teams are below us at the moment if we continue at less than a point per game we will go down. Stating the obvious I know!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're starting to repeat the major failing of last season - not beating the sides around us. We got out of jail last year by beating some big sides but can you see this side doing that again this season - unlikely? Wigan is already assuming huge significance and they like Swansea can play football and individually have some better players than us. Another worry is that I don't think any of the promoted sides will go down this time?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're starting to repeat the major failing of last season - not beating the sides around us. We got out of jail last year by beating some big sides but can you see this side doing that again this season - unlikely? Wigan is already assuming huge significance and they like Swansea can play football and individually have some better players than us. Another worry is that I don't think any of the promoted sides will go down this time?

I agree. Whatever happens we have to pick up points at home before Christmas. If we don't I feel the worst will happen.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The premiership seems to be a different league on its own, surprises all the time. Who expected yesterday's result in Manchester? Why should Newcastle be in such high position at present, when actually they had a better team last year, and they took the full points at Molineux due to errors by the officials. Why have Fulham become so bad this season? Same question on Bolton? Why have Sunderland been struggling when they had been so active in the market? Stoke should have been a better team this season but they are not, perhaps their European participation is making life a bit difficult for them. Why should Norwich have such a good start? What's wrong with Liverpool? And one keeps making questions, which may not have an answer. Actually I do not fancy such projections for at the end they very rarely materialise, and we may get points which we did not expect, and throw away points which on paper should be ours.

What happens by Christmas is anyones guess. Things do not look so bright for us at present, but who knows.

One must admit we are having a good share of injuries, with Foley, Zubar again, Edwards, Fletcher, Elokobi, out of a squad of 23, which leaves the manager with few optiions as we just have 18 senior players plus some from the development squad.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell TM you know more about the Premiership than most of us who live here?!!!!!!!!

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My predictions

Current - 8 Points

Lose - 8 Points A Man City - Lost 8
Win - 11 Points h Wigan - Won 11
Draw - 12 Points A Everton - lost 11
Lose - 12 Points A Chelsea - lost 11
Draw - 13 Points H Sunderland - won 14
Lose - 13 Points A Man U lost 14
Lose - 13 Points H Stoke - lost 14
Win - 16 Points H Norwich

17 - 16 Points

QUOTE]

Well we are a point better off than I thought we would be :)

Back
Top Bottom