Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Booing!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd link back to this. Can't believe it's been ten years since we've had a thread about booing. Time to rekindle a classic.

Booing Yesterday!!

My own personal opinion is that as a paying fan (customer), you have every right to voice an opinion. The players are quite happy being praised and lauded when they're doing well so they should be prepared to take the negativity when their performance is bilge. Let's face it, we were 3-0 down against Spurs and the support remained intensely positive because we could see the continuing efforts. Sunday however, the performance was abject. We could see it, the media saw it, Nuno knew it, so why not boo? How else are the fans supposed communicate their frustrations and the unacceptability of what they were served up? At the end of the day, it wasn't our fault they were ****!
The beauty about football though, is you can be so ****ed off at losing Saturday but come Tuesday or Wednesday, you're all ready to cheer the boys on next game. So people should stop being so sensitive about it.
The only thing I do have an issue with is the booing etiquette. Half-time and full-time booing is fine. Booing individuals or during the game is a no-no! Leo got booed when he came on against Spurs. Wtf was that all about???

D

Deleted member 3518

Guess booing and leaving early is the personal choice of every paying customer, but as a fan thought it way over the top on Sunday after such a fantastic 16 months, each to their own I guess will only get worse when the stadium capacity is increased.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess booing and leaving early is the personal choice of every paying customer, but as a fan thought it way over the top on Sunday after such a fantastic 16 months, each to their own I guess will only get worse when the stadium capacity is increased.
The booing wasn't a commentary of the last sixteen months. It was of the moment. Sunday was a disgrace. Nobody was over the top by booing. Some of the nasty spite and bile that I heard was OTT but booing? Really?

D

Deleted member 3518

The booing wasn't a commentary of the last sixteen months. It was of the moment. Sunday was a disgrace. Nobody was over the top by booing. Some of the nasty spite and bile that I heard was OTT but booing? Really?

Each to their own, at least you made the effort to stop till the end to voice your displeasure hope it made you feel better.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was not happy with the performance,but I did not boo,I even stayed to the end.Nuno came over and applauded the fans and you could see he was fuming.Performances like this won't happen agen.Well I bloody hope not anyway.Everyone has a right to do wat they want as long as its after the game and not whilst the players are on the pitch.To hear booing at the players when the games in play wow mec em any better.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team are going through a bad run. Nuno has a good record in management to date, except at his first club if you look at win ratios. The thing that stung the most was the seemingly total lack of effort and passion. I think complacency has set in. There was a hunger last year to win promotion to the PL. This year the objectives are far more modest so it can be that some of the same players no longer have that hunger or desire except for the big games.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly, especially with a player we all respect on here, the booing at half time went down like a sack of ****.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ever since I've been a Wolves fan, the only real expectation I've had from our team is that they try to the best of their ability, and I think most fans share this. It's not about losing, it's about how the team conduct themselves.

Let's take the game against City earlier this season for instance. If we'd lost that 2-1 in the end, I would be prepared to bet that the team would have been given a big applause for trying so hard against extremely strong opposition. Or as mentioned in the OP, the game against Spurs where supporters were encouraging despite being 3-0 down, and the team were working hard.

The performance on Sunday was disgraceful, and the defence force are far too eager to read more into it than it is. It's not a commentary on the past 16 months. It's a commentary on the performance on the day which wasn't a bad day at the office, it was woeful. It was not underperforming, it was a complete lack of effort, and that's not acceptable.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team are going through a bad run. Nuno has a good record in management to date, except at his first club if you look at win ratios. The thing that stung the most was the seemingly total lack of effort and passion. I think complacency has set in. There was a hunger last year to win promotion to the PL. This year the objectives are far more modest so it can be that some of the same players no longer have that hunger or desire except for the big games.

Perhaps the bonus pot ay big enough.:)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly, especially with a player we all respect on here, the booing at half time went down like a sack of ****.
About as well as the performance went down with the fans then. If you enjoy the plaudits when all goes well then be prepared to accept criticism when they don't. I'm sorry but for any player to whinge about a few scattered boos after that complete dross is true snowflake territory. It wasn't the result, it was the (lack of any) performance...

E

Edgmond Wolf

About as well as the performance went down with the fans then. If you enjoy the plaudits when all goes well then be prepared to accept criticism when they don't. I'm sorry but for any player to whinge about a few scattered boos after that complete dross is true snowflake territory. It wasn't the result, it was the (lack of any) performance...
It was a poor performance
Huddersfield deserve all the credit, hassled, out performed, outfought, out thought, out tackled

E

E is for idiot.

I didn't boo myself, never have and never will. But I don't see how the players can be saying things like that because the first half performance went down like a sack of **** as well. It wasn't that we were losing that caused the crowd to turn, it was the manner of it. I'll still never boo, but that doesn't mean the players have the right to be on their high horse after that first half performance. If anything they should have been booing themselves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a poor performance
Huddersfield deserve all the credit, hassled, out performed, outfought, out thought, out tackled
For very possibly the first time under Nuno it felt like they wanted it more.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he's a 100% correct, if you boo then clearly it's not a rational response to one bad performance after 16 months of success, so assuming you are indeed rational then you must have a deeper underlying reason to boo, in which case probably best to just stay away.
I'm impressed with the deep analysis given to what truthfully was a throw-away comment.

For the record l didn't boo and indeed hardly heard any but l can understand why some did. I could have written E is for idiot's comment word for word myself.

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think our core support is about 22.000 the other 4/5 thousand are those souls who want to be the next City fans and they are upset, they have parted with there hard earned for a ticket and we go one down there not happy, the have been told by the WM Phone in muppets that the top 4 awaits, then 2 down whats going on it said nothing about this on the ticket, they moan and shout i ain't staying here to watch this ****e I'M OFF, Lets hope and prey that they save there money.

D

Deleted member 3518

I'm impressed with the deep analysis given to what truthfully was a throw-away comment.

For the record l didn't boo and indeed hardly heard any but l can understand why some did. I could have written E is for idiot's comment word for word myself.

No deep analysis, the general opinion on here was last season and the start of this season has been exceptional, correct? Then 2 performances and booing is justified, really? Guess the instant gratification theory is correct.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he's a 100% correct, if you boo then clearly it's not a rational response to one bad performance after 16 months of success, so assuming you are indeed rational then you must have a deeper underlying reason to boo, in which case probably best to just stay away.
Not a 'rational' response? Are you for real? Anyone would think we'd invaded the pitch or started throwing bottles. Now that's irrational. Booing is a perfectly rational response. You don't do it, that's your choice but talk about over dramatising...geez!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our core support is about 22.000 the other 4/5 thousand are those souls who want to be the next City fans and they are upset, they have parted with there hard earned for a ticket and we go one down there not happy, the have been told by the WM Phone in muppets that the top 4 awaits, then 2 down whats going on it said nothing about this on the ticket, they moan and shout i ain't staying here to watch this ****e I'M OFF, Lets hope and prey that they save there money.
I'm none of that. However, I love the club and I do want success. Not City or Liverpool success but it's nice not to be humiliated by the leagues bottom of the table team. I can handle defeat, not lack of effort.

D

Deleted member 3518

Not a 'rational' response? Are you for real? Anyone would think we'd invaded the pitch or started throwing bottles. Now that's irrational. Booing is a perfectly rational response. You don't do it, that's your choice but talk about over dramatising...geez!

Leave it there, you enjoy booing go ahead and continue if that's your choice and interpretation of support, just not mine after such a great 16 months, apologies if I don't join you.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No deep analysis, the general opinion on here was last season and the start of this season has been exceptional, correct? Then 2 performances and booing is justified, really? Guess the instant gratification theory is correct.
I take it you just pose quiet resignation when Wolves suffered the double dip? Or when Albion clawed back the 15 point deficit, or when McCarthy was offering it outside to 'muppets', or, well there's lots of times when fans have shown dissent. I just wonder where the line in the sand is for you, and everyone else bigging it up coz they're 'super-fans' :D

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leave it there, you enjoy booing go ahead and continue if that's your choice and interpretation of support, just not mine after such a great 16 months, apologies if I don't join you.
You don't need to apologise. I don't slag people off for not booing.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever booed the team but on occasion my applause has been a bit half-*****.

D

Deleted member 3518

I take it you just pose quiet resignation when Wolves suffered the double dip? Or when Albion clawed back the 15 point deficit, or when McCarthy was offering it outside to 'muppets', or, well there's lots of times when fans have shown dissent. I just wonder where the line in the sand is for you, and everyone else bigging it up coz they're 'super-fans' :D
:D:D
Nah, was on the front line then, but don't draw parallels at the moment with them days and indeed many years prior to that.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but i disagree. The south bank booed. They have largely been there for years . Last season when we lost at fulham an away STH gave coady loads straight to his face when he came over to our end. The booing isnt new fans

Ebbo

Reaction score
Sorry but i disagree. The south bank booed. They have largely been there for years . Last season when we lost at fulham an away STH gave coady loads straight to his face when he came over to our end. The booing isnt new fans

This new fans boo and leave early is a total myth. It might not be a popular opinion, but some of our fans are just miserable and love a good moan, scapegoat players, shout clueless comments, and vent their frustration... but seem to think they know more about football than the manager or the players. I’ve been going since the mid 70’s and it’s been like that for pretty much as far back as I remember. To be fair though, it’s not just Wolves.

D

Deleted member 3518

This new fans boo and leave early is a total myth. It might not be a popular opinion, but some of our fans are just miserable and love a good moan, scapegoat players, shout clueless comments, and vent their frustration... but seem to think they know more about football than the manager or the players. I’ve been going since the mid 70’s and it’s been like that for pretty much as far back as I remember. To be fair though, it’s not just Wolves.

Too right started going late 50's and always the same, indeed remember my dad commenting on it in the early 60's and look at the treatment Alan Hinton received and why he left and we ended up with Dick le-Flem and what a disaster that was.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think they will up for Friday's game against Cardiff? Bar Sunday we have been up for every single game this season IMO.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree with booing the team as happened on sunday. A one off abject performance doesn't deserve it whereas I can see why people do it when there's a string of **** performances
I've always said, fans will and can boo. Supporters don't boo.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I am in the South Bank and I did not boo and yes I have been in there years and years and years

Back
Top Bottom