Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boly vs Huddersfield

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything dedicated to how **** Boly was last night. Who agrees/disagrees? He looked like Bambi on ice. Yes - **** was purposely used, so cue to ****ing Wily/Wily ****er jokes.

M

merseawolf

I haven't seen anything dedicated to how **** Boly was last night. Who agrees/disagrees? He looked like Bambi on ice. Yes - **** was purposely used, so cue to ****ing Wily/Wily ****er jokes.
He was awful but not alone. I can only think of Coady who looked up for it from the start.
Hope its a wake up call we need. We have got to be bang on it every game.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think part of the reason Boly gets flack is his posture and body language, which I think is probably unrelated to his attitude or performance. He kind of lollops around the field and doesn't look like a great thinker. His inclination is to play the ball out from the back at all times, and sometimes finds himself in silly situations because of that, but I think it is the right attitude to have.

In respect of yesterday, yeah, Boly was quite poor. He suffered a number of concentration lapses and didn't compete very well in the air. In fact, I would say the entire team was second best aerially, which is such a stark contrast from last season when Boly's muscle alone saw him dominating huge target-men.

Wouldn't say he uniquely worse than the others.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has lapses in concentration every single game, but usually gets himself out of it or Coady comes over and helps. Yesterday it just looked worse because nobody was at it.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

He’s been in top 3 for our player of the season IMO so no big complaints from me but he was incredibly bad yesterday.

I actually couldn’t believe I was watching Willy Boly.

R

reanswolf

I think part of the reason Boly gets flack is his posture and body language, which I think is probably unrelated to his attitude or performance. He kind of lollops around the field and doesn't look like a great thinker. His inclination is to play the ball out from the back at all times, and sometimes finds himself in silly situations because of that, but I think it is the right attitude to have.

In respect of yesterday, yeah, Boly was quite poor. He suffered a number of concentration lapses and didn't compete very well in the air. In fact, I would say the entire team was second best aerially, which is such a stark contrast from last season when Boly's muscle alone saw him dominating huge target-men.

Wouldn't say he uniquely worse than the others.

Totally agree. Yes it was concerning how many times he lost the ball in aerial challenges, but he wasn't as bad as some are now making out.

You could tell he himself was frustrated with the dominance of Huddersfield. Defensively at times we have been superb, but they (the defenders) must get tired of having to defend for such long periods home or away.

D

Deleted member 4436

He’s been brilliant this season, but yesterday was his worst performance in a Wolves shirt.

This is a preparation problem. None of them looked remotely up for solving the puzzle that ‘udders brought to the game.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I have to say Edgy that if you thought Boly was good yesterday all l can say is that Lucozade is good stuff....

Yes, l know that you were being tongue in cheek...
The Lucozade is top stuff mate.....,top drawer from Scotland’s finest

Back
Top Bottom