Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bo Svensson

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Especially as he’s expressed an interest in managing in England. Was there anything about him being unlikely to join Brighton when he was on their shortlist?
He had said he was flattered by the links to them, but that he hadn’t been contacted by them yet (when he was asked about it)

He has said the same about us when asked, that he hadn’t been contacted by us, but that was last week when we seemed to be focused on getting JL.

Basically the type of stuff you’d expect someone to say if currently in a role, that doesn’t want to upset current fan base or flatly reject a team that may be interested :cool:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Throwing his hat into the ring,
Means he showed interest in the job, it doesn’t mean that he didn’t turn us down when in talks and finding out what Jeff and co expected of him.

True...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mad that, we turn down someone who revived a club fully in the ****, got them playing good footbal, united the fans and the players, all for

Chelsea's first team coach or Michael Beale

But Svensson is not a young English manager which (according to the E&S podcast) apparently became a criteria after Lopetegui..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had the chance to get this guy and turned it down? Crazy. He seems like a really good young head coach. No outstanding candidates my ****.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we spoke to Peter Bosz,Anthony Barry,Rob Edwards and Mick Beale but not this guy? What the actual **** is going on at our club?

We did speak to him and decided not to go with him - is the clubs line, also possible be was no longer interested when finding out the constraints of the role. So to answer your question, an interview process, how successful, I imagine we will find out in January.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did speak to him and decided not to go with him - is the clubs line, also possible be was no longer interested when finding out the constraints of the role. So to answer your question, an interview process, how successful, I imagine we will find out in January.
Did we speak to him? Not doubting you but I haven’t seen that anywhere

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Constraints of the role?
Whachoo-onabout?
Jeff and Sellars don’t get involved with training, fitness or tactics, so what?
The only constraint I can imagine is someone else bringing players in and that happens now at most clubs. Even so, I’m still of the understanding that Nuno and Bruno had the last word.
I’m also sure if Jeff went to any manager/coach and said, I’m spending £110m and getting you Guedes, Nunes and not selling Neves or Adama, they’d **** their pants. So, that fact that they’re already here is somewhat of a draw, I would say.
Who’s to say what the budget will be in Jan or the summer but with the squad we have now, we should be better than relegation. If a coach doesn’t want to put his reputation on the line because he has doubts about his own ability to succeed with this squad, then they can do one, for me.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we speak to him? Not doubting you but I haven’t seen that anywhere

How else would we have turned him down when he expressed interest? Sign language? :laughing: Keens podcast said we turned him down, and he was interested. Also mentioned in the athletic he had thrown his hat into the ring as he was interested, he hasn’t got the job so things went pear shaped somewhere.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How else would we have turned him down when he expressed interest? Sign language? :laughing: Keens podcast said we turned him down, and he was interested.

Perhaps we turned down the opportunity to interview him?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Constraints of the role?
Whachoo-onabout?
The only constraint I can imagine is someone else bringing players in and that happens now at most clubs. Even so, I’m still of the understanding that Nuno and Bruno had the last word.
I’m also sure if Jeff went to any manager/coach and said, I’m spending £110m and getting you Guedes, Nunes and not selling Neves or Adama, they’d **** their pants. So, that fact that they’re already here is somewhat of a draw, I would say.
Who’s to say what the budget will be in Jan or the summer but with the squad we have now, we should be better than relegation. If a coach doesn’t want to put his reputation on the line because he has doubts about his own ability to succeed with this squad, then they can do one, for me.

Calm down, Christ I said it was a possibility not that that’s what happened. The fact we are known to have spoken to managers and none have accepted the job so far, would indicate there is a difference somewhere. Constraints on funds for the January transfer window, constraints on transfer choices, Sellars said himself they won’t buy anyone unless he believes it’s a good choice also. Maybe he doesn’t want to be constrained by the leadership structure that’s in place at the club? Maybe he didn’t like the clubs strategy, there’s tons of options why a manager might not want to take the job. Clearly Jeff thinks so too, as seen with his statement
“We have no plans to rush our search for a new permanent head coach and will not compromise in any way our approach to appointing the person we believe to be the perfect fit for our club, our squad and the role of head coach at Wolves” His version of a perfect fit, and a managers view of what constitutes a perfect fit could be very different, just like my view of a perfect job and an employers view of a perfect employee can be completely different, which is figured out when you interview for the job. How that’s linked to an inability to do a job I’m a bit baffled to be honest.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How else would we have turned him down when he expressed interest? Sign language? :laughing: Keens podcast said we turned him down, and he was interested. Also mentioned in the athletic he had thrown his hat into the ring as he was interested, he hasn’t got the job so things went pear shaped somewhere.
Yeah because telling him we’re not interested is the same as interviewing someone:rolleyes:

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah because telling him we’re not interested is the same as interviewing someone:rolleyes:

Do you genuinely think we didn’t even speak to the guy? Baring in mind we were told by Percy he was in the top 2 candidates of the shortlist? We went from Lopetegui to Rob Edwards to Nuno to Michael Beale the Barry bloke and they are the ones we know about? Then Jeff points out a pointed statement talking about how they won’t compromise on bringing in the perfect fit of coach?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Constraints of the role?
Whachoo-onabout?
Your clearly not listening to any podcasts from journalists or well respected fan channels with sources at the club.

Sellers is now very much involved in tactics etc.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you genuinely think we didn’t even speak to the guy? Baring in mind we were told by Percy he was in the top 2 candidates of the shortlist? We went from Lopetegui to Rob Edwards to Nuno to Michael Beale the Barry bloke and they are the ones we know about? Then Jeff points out a pointed statement talking about how they won’t compromise on bringing in the perfect fit of coach?
In Jonny Phillips article this morning he says we spoke to Peter Bosz,Anthony Barry,Rob Edwards and Mick Beale he doesn't mention Svensson and I’ve not heard anyone else say he was interviewed.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Jonny Phillips article this morning he says we spoke to Peter Bosz,Anthony Barry,Rob Edwards and Mick Beale he doesn't mention Svensson and I’ve not heard anyone else say he was interviewed.

The Athletic did!

“Premier League strugglers Wolves have spoken to Mainz coach Bo Svensson about becoming their new manager but the Bundesliga boss is far from the club’s first choice, according to The Athletic.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they? I thought they just said he threw his hat into the ring?

They said he was spoken to but was no longer a top choice, then the Nuno rumour mill started, and all the Svensson links went dead quiet. I’ve literally stuck the quote in the post.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They said he was spoken to but was no longer a top choice, then the Nuno rumour mill started, and all the Svensson links went dead quiet. I’ve literally stuck the quote in the post.
The quote wasn’t there when I replied but thanks for posting it. Seems strange they weren’t interested in him he’s very highly rated and more experienced than Beale. We could live to regret that decision.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The quote wasn’t there when I replied but thanks for posting it. Seems strange they weren’t interested in him he’s very highly rated and more experienced than Beale. We could live to regret that decision.

I was gutted, I’d heard he was interested so I genuinely thought it was a goer, then the Nuno reports came out and everyone was either spaffing themselves or worried that was going to be true and Svensson just faded into the background, that’s why I was saying it’s a possibility that after speaking to each other maybe he wasn’t enthused either, because it’s absolute madness to me we spoke to a manager who as we speak has rescued a team from relegation and succeeding, with a style of football that’s a bit less painful on the eyes, I’d love to know the detail around why it didn’t happen but don’t imagine we will

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down, Christ I said it was a possibility not that that’s what happened. The fact we are known to have spoken to managers and none have accepted the job so far, would indicate there is a difference somewhere. Constraints on funds for the January transfer window, constraints on transfer choices, Sellars said himself they won’t buy anyone unless he believes it’s a good choice also. Maybe he doesn’t want to be constrained by the leadership structure that’s in place at the club? Maybe he didn’t like the clubs strategy, there’s tons of options why a manager might not want to take the job. Clearly Jeff thinks so too, as seen with his statement
“We have no plans to rush our search for a new permanent head coach and will not compromise in any way our approach to appointing the person we believe to be the perfect fit for our club, our squad and the role of head coach at Wolves” His version of a perfect fit, and a managers view of what constitutes a perfect fit could be very different, just like my view of a perfect job and an employers view of a perfect employee can be completely different, which is figured out when you interview for the job. How that’s linked to an inability to do a job I’m a bit baffled to be honest.
Calm down…? What part of my post makes you think my veins are bulging in my brain? Drama Queen! :tearsofjoy:

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Percy didn't say that. He said Lopetegui and Svensson were 2 OF the top targets not the top 2. It's very different

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy didn't say that. He said Lopetegui and Svensson were 2 OF the top targets not the top 2. It's very different
The other target was Lopetegui, who we interviewed ready to offer the job to. The Athletic then said Svensson was also spoken to, therefore whether he was an of or the, doesn’t matter in response to the question I answered.

Back
Top Bottom