Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blur are Wolves...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Best British band of the last 20 years.

The new album is pretty decent.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Spent some time with them at Andy Thompson's testimonial. We all watched and laughed when Ruud Gullit got a soaking from the sprinklers as he was about to be interviewed.

B

BigBadWolfie

One of my faves from the Brit Pop era.

My personal faves ahead of them are Pulp, Oasis and The Prodigy (not strictly brit pop!)

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few good ditties!.............Never in Gallagher's league though.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was always more of an Oasis fan in my youth but as I've grown older I'm begun to appreciate Blur more. Their new album The Magic Whip is decent.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I was always more of an Oasis fan in my youth but as I've grown older I'm begun to appreciate Blur more. Their new album The Magic Whip is decent.

Same with me. Oasis were very much a 'in the moment' band and I preferred them in the 1990's.

Saw them both live towards the end of the 2000's and the Blur gig was much better.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

I actually hope Oasis don't reform as Noel's solo stuff is better than anything Oasis did after their first two albums.

K

kaohsiungwolf

I used to love Oasis when I was a teenager but I can't stand to listen to them now, proper samey pub rock. Blur on the other hand, like Pulp and Suede, have aged a lot better and define what the 90s were about far more than the Gallaghers IMO.

That said, the mid 90s wouldn't have been the same without the two of them scrapping it out.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually hope Oasis don't reform as Noel's solo stuff is better than anything Oasis did after their first two albums.

Same here. I don't think it's "By chance" that Noel sang the best songs.

D

Deleted member 4152

Damons head of security is my cousin, so I am going. He is also Wolves.

Great blokes and proper band, D is a genius. This is all down to Stu and Scotts monthly shindig 'The Social' a blinding night without exception.

Happy days!

D

Deleted member 4152

Sorry, that is a load of $$$$$$$$. Gallagher is not fit to lace D's shoes, Graham is up there with the best guitarists out there, Alex's baselines are awesome.

Oasis? Nursery rhymes.

Love High Flying Birds, but to compare him to Damon is nonsense

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, that is a load of $$$$$$$$. Gallagher is not fit to lace D's shoes, Graham is up there with the best guitarists out there, Alex's baselines are awesome.

Oasis? Nursery rhymes.

Love High Flying Birds, but to compare him to Damon is nonsense

Nah sorry, your opinion on this matter is $$$$ing garbage:cool:

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought 'the most successful band that no-one's heard of', the Manic Street Preachers, are the best British 'mainstream' rock band since 1990, but I do prefer Blur to Oasis. Graham Coxon is an excellent guitarist. Coffee and TV is probably my favourite post 1990 song.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was great to see them back on TV over the past few weeks promoting their new album. DA is looking a bit rough I'd say, but sings as well as ever. Nice that the new album includes a few "traditional" Blur cheeky tracks, along with the more serious sounding stuff. Doubt it will sell in huge numbers, but a treat for those who followed them in the 90's.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought 'the most successful band that no-one's heard of', the Manic Street Preachers, are the best British 'mainstream' rock band since 1990, but I do prefer Blur to Oasis. Graham Coxon is an excellent guitarist. Coffee and TV is probably my favourite post 1990 song.

I would say the two best bands that not many people know but should would be Spiritualized and Unkle

D

Deleted member 4152

He is Wolf, the $$$$$$ of a guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkggNN1KNdg&spfreload=10

And D, as North West Wanderer once so rightly put it, is the songwriter of his generation.

Never quite taken to the Manics to be honest, decent, and good live, but just never really hit it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kaohsiungwolf

I would say the two best bands that not many people know but should would be Spiritualized and Unkle

Totally agree, Spirtualized were great as was Psyence Fiction.. remember Sasha dropping In a State at Creamfields in the early 2000s, still makes my hairs stand on end thinking about it.

As for the new album maybe not selling well, Blur have massive global appeal, they sold out all over Asia when they reformed a couple of years ago, it was near impossible to get tickets, not so sure if Oasis could.

Manics were great up until Everything Must Go, after that they started to eat themselves with lightweight political tosh, Gold Against the Soul and Holy Bible were great too.

Whoever described Oasis as 'nursery rhymes', I think that's pretty accurate, I think the proof is in how well a bands songs have aged, sadly Oasis' sound pretty trite these days.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought 'the most successful band that no-one's heard of', the Manic Street Preachers, are the best British 'mainstream' rock band since 1990.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is Wolf, the $$$$$$ of a guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkggNN1KNdg&spfreload=10

And D, as North West Wanderer once so rightly put it, is the songwriter of his generation.

Never quite taken to the Manics to be honest, decent, and good live, but just never really hit it for me.

Maybe because their lyrics are so left-wing? ;)

I think, from Oasis and Blur, that the former are the band for the passive music fans whilst the latter are the band for the fans who appreciate musicianship. This is of course a huge generalisation but that's how I see it. Oasis are good, but they're just Noel Gallagher. Every Blur member is talented.

Anyway, The Smiths are the best band post-classic rock era for me :cool:

D

Deleted member 4152

Maybe because their lyrics are so left-wing? ;)

I think, from Oasis and Blur, that the former are the band for the passive music fans whilst the latter are the band for the fans who appreciate musicianship. This is of course a huge generalisation but that's how I see it. Oasis are good, but they're just Noel Gallagher. Every Blur member is talented.

Anyway, The Smiths are the best band post-classic rock era for me :cool:

D is liberal mate. Dave is proper labour.

Edit. Soz you meant manics.

Last edited by a moderator:

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

2nd best, would have Radiohead slightly ahead.

Big fan of both bands, as I was many of their 90's peers but unlike the others, those two managed to move with the times and keep their music relevant.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try pop will eat itself

Real wolves fans! Well 2 anyway

R

richiebo1

A class act with a lot more longevity and creative spirit than oasis. No contest IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put the 20 best Oasis songs against the 20 best Blur Oasis would murder them! Blur were good, I like them, but to me they don't come close to Oasis.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Choosing between oasis and blur is the same as deciding which sandwich to eat, diarrhoea and gherkin or whale vomit and piccalilli...

Back
Top Bottom