Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently are having to close two stands for repairs for a couple of months but have sold more season tickets than the remaining two stands can hold.

Season ticket holders will now have to enter a ballot to get a ticket until the stands can reopen.

And I thought the temp stand debacle was amateur hour.

molineuxmen

Groupie
Reaction score
Also on top of that they have sold single tickets for the matches affected which will take preference over the season ticket holders! This place would be in meltdown if that happened to us

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently are having to close two stands for repairs for a couple of months but have sold more season tickets than the remaining two stands can hold.

Season ticket holders will now have to enter a ballot to get a ticket until the stands can reopen.

Wow.
Might be more about getting the inspectors in or scheduling the contractors. Materials and labour seems in short supply

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading that almost achieved the impossible.... Made me feel sorry for bluenoses.... Almost....

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Awful for the fans especially those who have children etc or fans that are less abled or learning difficulties and might not understand.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also on top of that they have sold single tickets for the matches affected which will take preference over the season ticket holders! This place would be in meltdown if that happened to us
Thats not true all match tickets cancelled

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I remember sitting in the home end at St Andrews a few years ago when we played them and a section of corrugated iron blew off one of the stands and landed (if my memory serves me correctly) on the pitch! Amazing how nobody got hurt that day.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

The stands are closed for 2 real glamour fixtures of Stoke and Bournemouth.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Its a sorry state of affairs and decent football fans need to stick together. Our football clubs are the lifeblood of our communities, a massive part of the history of this country and the football authorities do nothing to ensure the owners of teams are fit and proper owners held to account. Come matchday we all love giving each other stick but these people are our friends and family and we'll do well to remember it was us not so long ago. Seems to me there is more accountability in running a take away than a team in the football league.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember sitting in the home end at St Andrews a few years ago when we played them and a section of corrugated iron blew off one of the stands and landed (if my memory serves me correctly) on the pitch! Amazing how nobody got hurt that day.
Yeah I remember that around 2000-2001?

Worst thing is the two stands they've closed aren't even that one!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It probably added £50 to the value of the ground.

In other words, doubling its value.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a sorry state of affairs and decent football fans need to stick together. Our football clubs are the lifeblood of our communities, a massive part of the history of this country and the football authorities do nothing to ensure the owners of teams are fit and proper owners held to account. Come matchday we all love giving each other stick but these people are our friends and family and we'll do well to remember it was us not so long ago. Seems to me there is more accountability in running a take away than a team in the football league.
I'd normally 1005 agree with you on this...........................but its Blues **** em!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I remember it well. It was the choke season. I flew to Detroit the next day for work and whilst I was away it all started to go wrong as we lost by about 5 goals to Grimsby I think and Kevin Muscat got himself sent off and didn’t play again as had signed pre contract with rangers. I’m hoping the above is correct as it’s all from memory

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most shocking part of that report is that they have enough season ticket holders to fill more than two stands. I mean, I once met a Birmingham fan, he's the only one I've ever known.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember it well. It was the choke season. I flew to Detroit the next day for work and whilst I was away it all started to go wrong as we lost by about 5 goals to Grimsby I think and Kevin Muscat got himself sent off and didn’t play again as had signed pre contract with rangers. I’m hoping the above is correct as it’s all from memory
This was the game:

"The match was delayed for several minutes after a panel of roofing blew off in the high wind but neither side could get in front before the end."

Our second 2-2 draw in two weeks, and the beginning of the end that season. The Muscat red card vs. Grimsby was the following week, a 1-0 defeat at Molineux. We also had the ignominy of losing to a Steve Claridge penalty away to Millwall a couple of weeks later. Gunner Halle played right back each game after Muscat's red card.

molineuxmen

Groupie
Reaction score
Thats not true all match tickets cancelled
May be wrong but my season ticket holding friend said that all match tickets cancelled AFTER the stoke and bournmouth games only. After the first 2 games its season ticket holders and away fans only no matchday tickets allowed in. They are having a ballot last night to see what season ticket holders could go to the first 2 home games

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May be wrong but my season ticket holding friend said that all match tickets cancelled AFTER the stoke and bournmouth games only. After the first 2 games its season ticket holders and away fans only no matchday tickets allowed in. They are having a ballot last night to see what season ticket holders could go to the first 2 home games
In the interests of fairness. It could always be worse

Hahahahahaha

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
This was the game:

"The match was delayed for several minutes after a panel of roofing blew off in the high wind but neither side could get in front before the end."

Our second 2-2 draw in two weeks, and the beginning of the end that season. The Muscat red card vs. Grimsby was the following week, a 1-0 defeat at Molineux. We also had the ignominy of losing to a Steve Claridge penalty away to Millwall a couple of weeks later. Gunner Halle played right back each game after Muscat's red card.
As I recall it flew off and onto the car park, whereas when one came off the then New Stand in the mid-80’s it cartwheeled along the no mans land between the pitch and the stand. Also seem to remember we had problems with the lights under the stand that day as well. Molineux was in a real state back then.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I recall it flew off and onto the car park, whereas when one came off the then New Stand in the mid-80’s it cartwheeled along the no mans land between the pitch and the stand. Also seem to remember we had problems with the lights under the stand that day as well. Molineux was in a real state back then.
I may be wrong but l'm pretty sure that the incident being discussed happened at St Andrews and the sheets definitely landed in the ground. I was actually there. It's not particularly funny wondering if the next sheet off might land on your head ...

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but l'm pretty sure that the incident being discussed happened at St Andrews and the sheets definitely landed in the ground. I was actually there. It's not particularly funny wondering if the next sheet off might land on your head ...
Definitely flew into the ground went down in the lower tier of the stand to the left of us (empty seats).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And there was the FA cup tie where sone local fire left the pitch unviewable, Pour on petrol, St. Andrews is burning down burning down burning down

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Definitely flew into the ground went down in the lower tier of the stand to the left of us (empty seats).
Was there too, can remember it coming off but not landing on the pitch, this seems more likely than the car park.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember that very well as I was also in the home end.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did I hear someone say that the losers will be the lucky ones. :tonguewink:

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
The sheeting that fell from “ The new stand” at Molineux turned out to be an advertising hoarding left by the constructors ( McAlpine) and as you say it floated down to the grass below. Lucky no-one was hurt.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And there was the FA cup tie where sone local fire left the pitch unviewable, Pour on petrol, St. Andrews is burning down burning down burning down
Oh yeah remember that one too thought there was a chance they might call it off at one point or at least delay. Night game wasn't it that? After the original had been called off with half of Wolverhampton already running amok in Birmingham.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wind blew the roof off and we blew a HT 2-0 lead! Ended 2-2...got promoted but not for too long unfortunately!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there for that one - though I believe it was the choke season when Blues went up through the play offs
It was that very match. I remember it very vividly. Lescott and Butler scored two identical goals from indirect free kicks right Infront of me. Wolves fans literally 20 yards to the right of me going nuts. How I didn't explode god only knows.

MrLob

Reaction score
Yes also remember it well. It was the main stand and I was sitting next to Kenny Hibbet who was assessing the match day officials.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This will be us soon if we keep dragging our feet with the stadium by 2040.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes also remember it well. It was the main stand and I was sitting next to Kenny Hibbet who was assessing the match day officials.
Funnily enough the main stand is alright.

Had a look on small heath alliance and it's not a straight forward job by the sounds of it.

Blues fan mate of mine said he's not surprised, they threw it up and the place has started to look really tatty over recent years.

Back
Top Bottom