Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues and Coventry really in the doggy-do-do!

L

liquidatorwolf

Ha and ha, I would never help out blouse, maybe coventry as they are a nice, little family club in a nice sky blue kit. We don't want kids crying do we.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Sunderland fans will be over the mood regarding Coventry

Personally I can't stand either club but I hate Blues more than any club

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet Birmingham were allowed to bring in loan players...

What is the Sunderland/Coventry rivalry all about by the way?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Birmingham allowed to bring in all these loan players?
They should be forced to return them to their parent clubs.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
Why are Birmingham allowed to bring in all these loan players?
They should be forced to return them to their parent clubs.

Perhaps that's why they have been so active recently - aware what was on the horizon.:rolleyes:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And.....(not wanting to rake over old ground) .....does everyone still really reckon that getting Hughton would have been out of the question? A couple of million would probably have been enough.....even if they get promoted (which I don't think they will) they have no chance of investment or survival.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps that's why they have been so active recently - aware what was on the horizon.:rolleyes:

That would make sense. I think they should be forced to send the loan players back though.
I find it very unfair they can bring in some pretty good loan players and strengthen their squad whilst they are in this position.
The transfer embargo should have been imposed earlier.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet Birmingham were allowed to bring in loan players...

What is the Sunderland/Coventry rivalry all about by the way?

Something to do with Coventry relegating them years ago not sure of the details but it was a bit underhanded

Strats

Reaction score
Rumours abound that Hereford could go into administration soon too. Board meeting started yesterday and re convened earlier this morning.

Must stress that this is a RUMOUR coming out of Hereford at the moment.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something to do with Coventry relegating them years ago not sure of the details but it was a bit underhanded
Something to do with a relegation during the Jimmy Hill days I think. Coventry deliberately kicking off late to give themselves a supposed advantage possibly.....

F

FLEET WOLF

And.....(not wanting to rake over old ground) .....does everyone still really reckon that getting Hughton would have been out of the question? A couple of million would probably have been enough.....even if they get promoted (which I don't think they will) they have no chance of investment or survival.

I think you have a point and he probably would have been my first choice in many ways, but perhaps best not to rake over old ground!

M

Marvin

That would make sense. I think they should be forced to send the loan players back though.
I find it very unfair they can bring in some pretty good loan players and strengthen their squad whilst they are in this position.
The transfer embargo should have been imposed earlier.

Their accounts weren't overdue until yesterday, so the transfer embargo couldn't have been imposed earlier.

A

andyc225

Points deduction for the Small Heath Tin Pot Alliance please? An extra season in the Chump would take the smug grins off their faces.

Reaction score
It's only because the books are late going in. I think Youngs trial is on soon. Maybe the books are on hold because of that? If he is found guilty then Brum will be stuffed if not they will be fine.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A growing list of football clubs that are living beyond their means

We should back Steve Morgan and not knock him for what he is trying to acheive at our beloved football club

LET'S NOT FORGET THE BHATTI ERA!

S

Sharples

booooooooooo Morgan and Moxey, why cant you do this with our club. booooooooooooooo!!

R

RichDavi

Points deduction for the Small Heath Tin Pot Alliance please? An extra season in the Chump would take the smug grins off their faces.

You make it sound as if they are in an automatic promotion place...they won't win the play offs but could guarantee that by the points deduction

A

andyc225

You make it sound as if they are in an automatic promotion place...they won't win the play offs but could guarantee that by the points deduction

They're pushing for one. When Pompey go bust they'll get a deduction for any points they won against them. A 10 point deduction will guarantee them a further season of the mediocrity they richly deserve.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're pushing for one. When Pompey go bust they'll get a deduction for any points they won against them. A 10 point deduction will guarantee them a further season of the mediocrity they richly deserve.

local news down here says Portsmouth might not make the end of the season.

A

andyc225

local news down here says Portsmouth might not make the end of the season.

Saw that in the local paper here. Pompey is a horrible club too. I wish I could've seen Greg Halford put to work at the ticket desk.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero sympathy for the clubs whatsoever.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime/cheat outrageously

F

FLEET WOLF

Zero sympathy for the clubs whatsoever.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime/cheat outrageously

Whilst I take your point, we have to put ourselves in the positions of their fans. We have been there! It is the clowns running these clubs and in Pompey's case one probably one of their managers who have got them into this mess, not the fans.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I take your point, we have to put ourselves in the positions of their fans. We have been there! It is the clowns running these clubs and in Pompey's case one probably one of their managers who have got them into this mess, not the fans.

Pompey's fans didn't give a stuff when they were winning the FA Cup by fielding players they couldn't afford.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Blues situation is really $$$$ing me off.....we run our club correctly within our means, and are trying to retain our place in the prem without 'cheating....while a club in a good position to take our place but obviously cheating by trading short term to achive their main aim can bring in 4 players on loan without any commitment if they fail......This seriously needs looking at by the FA

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stratford Wolf

Sad for Cov - They had a long spell in top league & if I recall correctly survied on the last day on more than one occasion .... Have the lovely Ricoh Arena that they are only tenants in.?? Hope they survive ....

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blues have got a few good young players coming through - I'd have Mutch here in a shot for a bargain price. Get on the blower Moxey......

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do have a track record of buying players from clubs in administration....foley and Edwards spring to mind.

Strats

Reaction score
Sad for Cov - They had a long spell in top league & if I recall correctly survied on the last day on more than one occasion .... Have the lovely Ricoh Arena that they are only tenants in.?? Hope they survive ....

Because they're your local team eh? ... me too :D

... and the in-laws all live there.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't. I once went out with a girl from Coventry and her neighbours all supported the Sky Blues. I found them to be unusually arrogants for a club that's only won one trophy of note in near enough 130 years. They think they're bigger than they actually are. (Something Wolves fans are possibly guilty of, but at least for a while we were the best team in the land). They seem to think that Wolves are in some way shape or form a rival of theirs. They did get a tad annoyed when I told them that I disliked Nuneaton Town more than Coventry. They also got a bit annoyed when I told them that the fact that their record attendance is for a Bon Jovi concert tells me all I need to know about their fan base.

B

Bankswolf II

If they go under I imagine the Ricoh Arena will be put to good use as a concert home for the likes of Bon Jovi

As for Blues I am all for saving the tesco lot as I said on the hypothetical would you save the albion thread but the Bloose have been bringing this on themselves for years and I dislike their fans with a passion there isnt a gracious bone in their body truth is the only person I have ever punched was a bloose fan getting all in my face over the defeat we suffered season before last

Really hope they dont go up

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Blues go bust.

I hate Blues with a passion. However, I don't want to see them or any team go bust. It's rivalries like we have against Blue and Coventry (and Portsmouth and Port Vale, etc, etc) that add so much the the enjoyment of football.

I want Wolves to get one over on these teams on the football pitch not by the fact that as a club we are financially stronger.

For all the $$$$$$$$ supporters that clubs have, with Wolves having their fair share, the majority are genuine football fans who do not deserve their team going bust.

Having survived the early 80's and what was happening at our club then, I think of Wolves fans should to be quite humble about the problems at Blues and Coventry.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember Blues stitching us up over Wayne Clarke's add on money when they sold him on to Everton. We were desperate for that money but they still fiddled us, so no I have no sympathy for them at all.

Back
Top Bottom