Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Birmingham City

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is anyone else mildly surprised that the bookies have them as 3rd favourites to go up?

They're strongly rumoured to be entering administration next month and their intention to not publish their accounts means that they'll be subject to a season-long transfer embargo.

That, coupled with Hughton's likely departure, makes it bizarre that they're being so well backed! If any of my fellow betting mixers fancies a season-long lay, I'd suggest Birmingham for promotion is a strong contender...

[Although I did dream they beat us 3-2 on the opening day of next season last night, before I woke up sweating and relieved.]

A

andyc225

It's just an educated guess moreso than anything else. They were pipped (perhaps against the odds) this time, so they might do better next time.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Leeds so high up? Have they got a bit of cash to spend?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are Boro?

I'd be tempted to put a tenner on them going up.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it's the Warnock factor as he'll most likely assemble Team Warnock (Clint Hill, Sean Derry et al.) and have them fighting towards the top of the league.

They're too short for my liking too though by some distance - their squad is about the 10th best in the league, perhaps not even that if Snodgrass leaves.

I think there's a bit of value in Ipswich and that we're worth a punt at those prices. I don't think we'll win the league, but the odds for Wolves will tumble and they'll be a profitable lay in early August.

Last edited by a moderator:

bimble

Reaction score
Too early to take much notice of this.Will it be Blackpool or WHU that go up? Which players from what teams will be moving in or out? The managerial merry-go-round.

A clearer picture will emerge once the above is sorted.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Not really surprised because they reached the play offs, they have a decent squad, and it's very early to compare with other teams chances at the moment, so until things happen during the summer there isn't a lot to base odds on. if things do take a downward turn for them during the summer their odds will no doubt widen accordingly.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a feeling Blackpool may pull it out the bag.

Saturday i'll stick a tenner on Blackpool and Bayern.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I somehow fancy Blackpool as well-think Holloway is the man for a cup final type game.

Blackpool always attack and have a go. He never sets up the side in a negative way. They always go out to win the game.

There is no pressure on Blackpool. West Ham are the ones who 'have' to bounce back.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12/1 for us to go up?

I'm having a go at that.

To win the league. They're very generous odds, although they do reflect the unknown effect of the new manager.

Leicester are far too short once more, although I'll resist betting on them until the full extent of their summer spending is completed. They won't have the best squad on August 1st though.

A

Anglian Wolf

Warnock - he's gained promotion to the prem with two other teams before this and that will be counting for a lot of it

I am more surprised that Leicester are favourites myself

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all speculative at this stage, Leicester are favourites because they will probably spend a shed load again this summer. I think a lot of clubs will be financially tighter than ever this summer with the new sky deal coming into force approx 25% less than the last deal and with the economy not getting any better may feel the pinch through the gates as well, so there won't be a great deal of money spent and I think perhaps the Championship could be as weak as it's ever been next season.

The three clubs who went down last season all finished in the top 6, but with Blackburns plight I can't see them doing much, Bolton will be there or thereabouts unless they have a clearout.

I fancy Brighton and Hull to go well next season. Brighton will be one of the few clubs who will strengthen, after a season consolidating and settling into their new home I think Poyet will be targetting the top 2. Hull have got a number of young, promising players, they're tough to beat and if they can find a few goals they'll be up there.

Back
Top Bottom