Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Sharp v Freddy Eastwood

R

Rocky_Balllboa

After seeing Sharp for Sheff utd v Tesco I can see we chose the best option in the end, Sharp looked nothing special, very average!.

I guess its easy to say that now after seeing eastwoods impact but it could have been the other way around

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Well not really this was after seeing Sharp for the first time Saturday but I guess I could have added it there.

ROVERT47

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually i did watch the game after i got in from ours.
While Sharp ran around a lot and the fans showed thier appreciation,James Beattie showed the Premiership class.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually i did watch the game after i got in from ours.
While Sharp ran around a lot and the fans showed thier appreciation,James Beattie showed the Premiership class.

I reckon Sharp will get 10-15 goals, nowhere near the 30 or so he got last season.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big unknown with any signing is how well they will fit into their new team surroundings, with the new team mates, and with the new playing strategy.
This is where the manager earns his corn, he lives and dies on how well his estimate of the "fit" meets the reality.

T

The Outsider

And also bear in mind that last season Sharp had Keogh next to him, and now he's got the more selfish James Beattie. Eastwood, meanwhile, has scored three league goals. And the assists for all three have come from...?

J

johnybig32

Sharpe wont score as many because hes playing with a goalscorer rather then a creator-like Keogh...

He will be expected to do the running in the channels and that while Beattie gets his tap-ins...

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sharpe wont score as many because hes playing with a goalscorer rather then a creator-like Keogh...

He will be expected to do the running in the channels and that while Beattie gets his tap-ins...

I said that on another thread, great minds think alike? ;)

So basically, Billy only got as many goals as he did at Scunny because he had an unselfish Keogh at his side. Now that James Beattie is in the picture (the out and out poacher), Billy will have to play a more 'Keogh' role and assist Beattie to get the goals, maybe getting a few himself.

Looking at Youtube videos of Billy he really is a more tap-in man, where as Freddy can do free kicks, penalties and score goals out of nothing. In the long run we've made the right choice.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that Sharp will score a lot of goals for SU. Watching him last season on TV he looked a natural predator. Freddie has more flair though.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that Sharp will score a lot of goals for SU. Watching him last season on TV he looked a natural predator. Freddie has more flair though.

There is no doubting his talent and what he has done in the lower leagues but i really do think he will flop big time at Sheff Utd. He has joined the wrong side IMO when Hulse is back Sharp will be in and out the side. As a goal scorer he needs a run in the side scoring regularly.

If they get promoted they will sign another 1 or 2 strikers and he wudnt get much of a chance to impress. His only hope is if Sheff Utd fail to get promotion in the next couple of years and they choose to build a side around him instead of Beattie which they are currently doing.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubting his talent and what he has done in the lower leagues but i really do think he will flop big time at Sheff Utd. He has joined the wrong side IMO when Hulse is back Sharp will be in and out the side. As a goal scorer he needs a run in the side scoring regularly.

If they get promoted they will sign another 1 or 2 strikers and he wudnt get much of a chance to impress. His only hope is if Sheff Utd fail to get promotion in the next couple of years and they choose to build a side around him instead of Beattie which they are currently doing.
Not sure that Robbo rates Hulse and Sharp is a true Blade. That is why he is there instead of here. I still fancy him to score a lot of goals for the Blades this year.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure that Robbo rates Hulse and Sharp is a true Blade. That is why he is there instead of here. I still fancy him to score a lot of goals for the Blades this year.

Well im sure they fell out while at the $$$$ but if Robson wants to get promoted he may have to swollow his pride.

As for Sharp i think he will be one of 3 players fighting for the 1 free place up front along side Beattie. He may get around the 10 goals mark, But time will tell i guess. I just think he let his love for the blades cloud his judgement.

But to be fair i think if he joined us he would be in the same position that he is now anyway.

D

Dewsburywolf

Eastwood V Sharpe ? No comparison really, Sharpe scored in Third Division so unproven at this level, Eastwood scored 20 plus for a struggling Southend in this League. No brainer.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eastwood V Sharpe ? No comparison really, Sharpe scored in Third Division so unproven at this level, Eastwood scored 10 plus for a struggling Southend in this League. No brainer.

Fixed it for you ;)

He scored 16 in total but only 10? in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Face it when Hulse is fit he'd be first choice for me upfront with Beattie everytime.

I don't think Sharp made the right choice in terms of his career (and that's not sour grapes talking) he went with his heart rather than his head and when Hulse does become fit he'll be finding it extremely hard to get a starting place. Whereas if he'd have gone to Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday or even here then he would have gotten a longer run of games.

I may be wrong and Sharp will be a regular starter, but I just don't see that when Rob Hulse is back on the scene, if Hulse was fit last year for the Blades they would have stayed up I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Swinford Wolf

I know it`s early days but i`m already convinced we have the better player !

Back
Top Bottom