Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Gilmour.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Available for loan. Before his injury, I thought he was outstanding. Might improve our midfield options. Thoughts?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind buying him, or loan with option to buy. But don’t see the point in just a loan to develop a player for another team.

Think that's it, can't see Chelsea being open to a permanent option being attached to it, which we wouldn't go for.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we really need another midfield player that’s a little young/raw to be thrown into a demanding role in a struggling side?
We’ve got Otasowie, Vitinha and MGW for that.
Gilmour looks like he could be a fantastic talent, but Otasowie is exactly the right type of player to be Neves’ foil.
If we wanted a junior understudy to a Neves, then maybe.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Lamps going, could see a few more of their homegrown prospects becoming available. Definitely a few we should keep an eye on.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the type we need IMO.

Also, wouldn't want to bring a player in for six months to help Chelsea.

If there was an option to buy, consider it, but there won't be, so no for me.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Surly we have enough youngsters with limited experience in the squad without adding more

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player but not the type of midfielder we need, imo.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves don't really do loans without at least the chance to buy at the end of it, Chelsea are never going to let him leave at the moment, he has too much potential.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me that it would be a good move. I doubt Chelski would let us buy him but if the new manager wants to bring in new players, and he did well with us, a deal could be done in the summer. Would also give us another attacking mf option that we need.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would that say about Vitinha, Otasawie, MGW if we signed an 18 year old to play in front of them

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s a class act and it was only a long-term injury that held him back from really establishing himself in the Chelsea first team. There will be a lot of suitors if he becomes available, but I agree that there’s no point in a short-term loan.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big prospect. But we’re well stocked for prospects. I really want to see us sign a really established player next. A 28-30 year old Moutinho would be nice.

Reactions: Ian
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don't really see point in loaning him till end of season and i don't think Chelsea would believe us that he'd start regularly

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That he's better than all of them
Really ......maybe MGW who foolishly hasn’t shown the aptitude to progress, so we’ve already decided a Portugal U21 international who has had a handful of opportunities, created a winning assist v Chelsea and scored a workday to get us through v Chorley , and Otasawie, an American full international and again only a handful of games at a difficult time when they were needed m are not good enough ,.......

Despair sometimes at the way we treat our players

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really ......maybe MGW who foolishly hasn’t shown the aptitude to progress, so we’ve already decided a Portugal U21 international who has had a handful of opportunities, created a winning assist v Chelsea and scored a workday to get us through v Chorley , and Otasawie, an American full international and again only a handful of games at a difficult time when they were needed m are not good enough ,.......

Despair sometimes at the way we treat our players
LOL. Write your own post with more care and then you might understand my response. What I said doesn't mean that I believe he is better -- In fact I've hardly seen him play! I mean that what such a decision would be saying is that he is considered to be better than all of them. But it's not me that would be saying that or making the decision, it would be the club.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok in the summer if we could buy him (unlikely) and let go of a couple of our youngsters if they are genuinely not so good. But for now no. I want to see what Vitinha and Otasowie in particular have to offer not to mention MGW. I would have thought Shabani and Perry will go out on loan at some point. Lots of our own hot prospects to develop and encourage over the next six months. By the summer we should know, or rather Nuno should know, what is needed for our midfield. I think he will bring in at least one quality central midfielder but not another 18 year old. If only we had been in for Odegaard who I think will shine at Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom