Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Big george

J

Jamesjh89

According to twitter has signed for cardiff, or will be. Also vojes and roger to cardiff floating around

W

we8wba

Do you seriously belive everything you read on twit?

I saw a young kid started the rumour which then picked up on FB on wolves rumours page

So far I'm yet to Read this sky sports source

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you seriously belive everything you read on twit?

I saw a young kid started the rumour which then picked up on FB on wolves rumours page

So far I'm yet to Read this sky sports source

Give the guy a break, he's only repeating what he's read elsewhere.

W

we8wba

Normally I'd agree

But it came from fakerumours twitter account

Not most reliable

D

Dewsburywolf

I thought he was going to Forest, especially if the guy whom he body doubles for gets the manager's job

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wether this is true or not, big George looks a very likely candidate to be shown the door.
Mixed feelings for me - he seems a great bloke and until that awful injury at Ipswich he looked fantastic. But he's never been the same since and if, as we read, fullbacks are vital to Staals system, I just don't see him cutting the mustard.

J

johnybig32

I wouldnt want him to go. A new manager may get even more out of him. He has come a long way since the rough diamond we signed.

New manager, new methods.

P

PeteWolf

I wouldnt want him to go. A new manager may get even more out of him. He has come a long way since the rough diamond we signed.

New manager, new methods.
There's glass half full and half empty, but do we honestly watch the same team?

Heart yes, ability, not for where we should want to be.

Has it really been so long since we signed decent players that people can't spot them?

J

johnybig32

We arent where we should be. IMO, which i am entitled too, there is a defender in there.

Yes he has heart and his build is terrifying to the opposition.

Lets see what Stale reckons.

I would be disappointed if her left, but I would also understand why!

J

johnybig32

Has it really been so long since we signed decent players that people can't spot them?

According to you...I dont watch anyone ;)

T

Truckawolf

Good riddance if true. Probably one of the worst players to ever play professionally

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His turning is more like Mo Mowlem....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for saying this Pete. I too wonder as we have been so poor for so long that any old mediocre player gets heralded on here as some kind of superstar. Who was the last decent player we signed? - Fletcher, 2 years ago. Our squad is peopled by very average players who I really hope are quickly found out by SS (and many moved on) after their sojourn under MM.

J

Jameswwfc

To many people don't judge him on football ability, it seems on here if you've got a heart of gold you should stay and keep picking up thousands. My mates i go with have a heart of gold but i wouldn't want them playing for us even though i'm sure they'd give 100%. On a par with mo camara. Get rid

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like a nice guy, heart on sleeve etc... but not the left back solution for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

Fair play to him whatever he choses to do, if every Wolves player had his passion for this club I'm sure we'd be very proud.

D

Deleted member 4152

We arent where we should be. IMO, which i am entitled too, there is a defender in there.

Yes he has heart and his build is terrifying to the opposition.

Lets see what Stale reckons.

I would be disappointed if her left, but I would also understand why!

You're a braver man than me. Calling him a her!

:goodnight:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen far worse footballers in my time watching Wolves than George to be fair.

S

Sandwell Wolf

I think he'd make a great centre half.

He was always phenomenal when Mick played him there. MOTM against Man United when we beat them 2-1 at home in the 10/11 season.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good riddance if true. Probably one of the worst players to ever play professionally

What pathetic nonsense, I can name dozens from my time watching Wolves. George is a decent defender at Championship level, he just doesn't have a lot going forward. I suspect he won't fit into the new manager's plans.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lovely guy who has his good days but ultimately, on a professional level, I wouldn't be too upset to lose.

I far prefer War at left back...particularly for the Championship. I'd be a bit disappointed if he left to join Mick at Forest (ducks for cover).

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too think he is a top central defender in the making. Can tackle, is quick and can head the ball to the half way line. Tactically inept as is Foley, Stearman, Johnson, Berra and Ward. Could definitely be worked on.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this is very unfair , show some respect

Agreed, George has given everything for wolves as isn't half as bad as many are making out, he looked great up until his injury, which set his development back. Whenever he's covered at CB he's been immense, his distribution and positioning are poor but those are definately things that can be improved with good coaching.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too think he is a top central defender in the making. Can tackle, is quick and can head the ball to the half way line. Tactically inept as is Foley, Stearman, Johnson, Berra and Ward. Could definitely be worked on.

Agree with this, also has a very good build for a Centre half. Would be disappointed to sell him considering we have other blokes like Stearman and Ward who defensively are a lot worse than George.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also think he's a better CB than LB. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him and Berra in partnership at CB next season.

Would much prefer Elokobi at CB than Stearman, and even Johnson, who in my opinion is too slow and too lightweight to be a solid CB.

S

singwolf_1

Watching him the past couple of years, my impression is that he was short of confidence - which you could see in his distribution - afraid to make a mistake in case that resulted in a goal. And that comes from playing with a $$$$e defence and a $$$$e midfield.

I think he has it in him to be much better defender.

Back
Top Bottom